29.41%
5 29.41%
For a second and some later picks
17.65%
3 17.65%
This is all a Mike Brown ploy so we can extend him on the cheap
0%
0 0%
Let's pay him! Pay him whatever it takes. $10m+ a year to run behind this line is worth it
17.65%
3 17.65%
Let's see where we are at the end of the year
29.41%
5 29.41%
We're in it to win it this year/next year and we'll risk letting him walk
5.88%
1 5.88%
Cut him! I'm a Stealers troll
0%
0 0%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading Mixon?
Joe Mixon was the leading rusher in the AFC last year.

He's out of contract after next year and will want to be paid accordingly.

We're finding out that a good RB is of limited use when you don't have an Offensive Line and we seem to be a pass first team now - if not by design at least by necessity.

Someone's running back is going to go down sooner or later. When they do - and assuming we're not in contention - should we shop Mixon? His trade value will only diminish the less time he has left on his contract - and potentially the longer he has to run behind this line.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 01:55 PM)TJHoushmandzadehs Shiny Shoes Wrote: Joe Mixon was the leading rusher in the AFC last year.

We're finding out that a good RB is of limited use when you don't have an Offensive Line and we seem to be a pass first team now - if not by design at least by necessity.

Someone's running back is going to go down sooner or later. When they do - and assuming we're not in contention - should we shop Mixon? His trade value will only diminish the less time he has left on his contract - and potentially the longer he has to run behind this line.

He’s gonna hate us. His value is gonna go down with his current performance, and most can be pinned on offensive line. Still will be used as leverage to get him a bit cheaper though.
Reply/Quote
Its only 2 games into a whole new scheme with new coaches, the boy is a class player and we need to keep him
Reply/Quote
Mixon plays with fire and passion and that is great to see and I'd love to see him stick around for several seasons. However, this team is in bad shape.

This team isn't a dumpster fire, this team is the stuff left in a dumpster after the fire was put out by bum's urinating on it.

So, with that being said we all know Mike Brown is not going to magically wake up and go...damn I need to spend in Free Agency. That means the only way this team gets rebuilt is via the draft and lately, we've been hit and miss on that so the more picks we can stock up on, the better the odds we actually hit on a few of them.

If you can trade Mixon, who is being wasted behind this line, or trade Green who has wasted his best seasons stuck in futility and get some draft capital for them, then do it. Dunlap, Atkins, Green, Mixon, fire sale the team, and draft an O-line and LBers.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Trade him and use the 1st round pick on a guy who we can instantly put on the IR.
Reply/Quote
Depends how he finishes the year but I doubt we can get anything more than a third for him. Teams don't value Backs like we do.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 01:55 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Joe Mixon was the leading rusher in the AFC last year.

This offensive line is HORRIBLE,they cannot get to the second level to block anyone and he has no where to run to and please trade number 25 he is awlful,he is too small and cannot  do anything out there.Joe will not call out the line,but he needs to.they are awlful and that is why he cannot run anywhere.And the Bills are going to kill us.We need a new QB.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 02:26 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Depends how he finishes the year but I doubt we can get anything more than a third for him. Teams don't value Backs like we do.

Tell that to Dallas.

Reply/Quote
Melvin Gordon is sitting around not in camp and has been available for a while now waiting for someone to trade for him. The value for a back who has alluded to wanting a new contract next year is minimal, maybe you get a 3rd for him. Trading Mixon at this point doesn't really net you much, so really the only reason to trade him would be if he becomes a locker room issue in the coming weeks.
Reply/Quote
I get that the line sucks but they need to add good players and not subtract. Trading holes doesn’t get you anywhere.
Reply/Quote
ehh..running backs in this day and age are a dime a dozen especially when you consider their typical life span in the game..about 3 years after injuries and beatings they take in a full season of running plays.. 
I suspect that if they actually did use him like they indicated they might he'd be too worn out by December so perhaps a lousy Oline is just what the doctor ordered for Mixon..limited usage and a pass happy team down the stretch.. There's always plenty of college runnings backs every season who can run full steam into brick walls.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Where’s the “hell no” option?
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 02:28 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: This offensive line is HORRIBLE,they cannot get to the second level to block anyone and he has no where to run to and please trade number 25 he is awlful,he is too small and cannot  do anything out there.Joe will not call out the line,but he needs to.they are awlful and that is why he cannot run anywhere.And the Bills are going to kill us.We need a new QB.

You are nailing it.

We could have Jim Brown as our RB but it would make no difference with this offensive line.

Watched most of Bills' game yesterday and I agree that they are going to lay one on us in their home opener.

Why did the Bills get a lot better in last two years while Bengals are declining exponentially?

Also- do the 49ers have 5 pro bowl players on their o line. The d line got beat down just as bad as the o line. Truly pathetic.

Worst game I have seen since the Ravens killed us in one of Bruce Coslet's last games ( might have been his last- I am sure Fred Toast will know as his memory is way better than mine)
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 03:00 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Also- do the 49ers have 5 pro bowl players on their o line. The d line got beat down just as bad as the o line. Truly pathetic.

Their line isn't bad but they did it through scheme, Kyle Shanahan put on a clinic.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 02:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tell that to Dallas.

Did they sign a backup to starter money too? As for Elliot I thought it was a dumb move myself would have rather signed Cooper and Jones to deals before Elliot.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Trade Mixon for a 1st and 2nd Round pick.

With the 1st Round pick, we need to draft a player that gets injured in non-contact drills (OR) and offensive lineman with a freshly torn ACL.

In the 2nd Round, we need another blocking TE who has limited pass catching abilities. Then, we'll talk about how blocking is important.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 03:00 PM)bengals67 Wrote: We could have Jim Brown as our RB but it would make no difference with this offensive line.

I get the hyperbole, but man we are breaking it out early this year.  2 games in and the season is already hopeless.  Anyways, if the best RB ever could do nothing behind this line then we should just go back to throwing the ball 90% of the time like that first game that was so damn encouraging.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 04:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I get the hyperbole, but man we are breaking it out early this year.  2 games in and the season is already hopeless.  Anyways, if the best RB ever could do nothing behind this line then we should just go back to throwing the ball 90% of the time like that first game that was so damn encouraging.

It's funny...me and you and several other people talk about how we think the team might be bad in the offseason and EVERYONE DISAGREES.

Then, 2 games into the year EVERYONE is saying it.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 02:26 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Depends how he finishes the year but I doubt we can get anything more than a third for him. Teams don't value Backs like we do.

The Browns got a 3rd for their 3rd string RB.

The Bengals struggle to trade as we saw with the heavily claimed Willis.

Either way do we really trust Tobin with a rebuild? The guy hasn't drafted a probowler since Eifert. That was what? 2013?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 04:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: The Browns got a 3rd for their 3rd string RB.

The Bengals struggle to trade as we saw with the heavily claimed Willis.

Either way do we really trust Tobin with a rebuild? The guy hasn't drafted a probowler since Eifert. That was what? 2013?

Mike Brown wouldn't even accept a 2nd round pick for AJ McCarron so I doubt his demands for two 1st round picks and a magical hot dog tree for Mixon would get done.
Reply/Quote