29.41%
5 29.41%
For a second and some later picks
17.65%
3 17.65%
This is all a Mike Brown ploy so we can extend him on the cheap
0%
0 0%
Let's pay him! Pay him whatever it takes. $10m+ a year to run behind this line is worth it
17.65%
3 17.65%
Let's see where we are at the end of the year
29.41%
5 29.41%
We're in it to win it this year/next year and we'll risk letting him walk
5.88%
1 5.88%
Cut him! I'm a Stealers troll
0%
0 0%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading Mixon?
(09-16-2019, 02:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tell that to Dallas.

Who won't need another HB until Zeke goes and does something stupid and gets himself suspended again, so...2-3 weeks?

Their point is valid though, teams in general don't value HB's like they used to. Look at the Chargers and Melvin Gordon. And the teams that DO pay stupid money to their HB's have a tendency to regret it sooner rather than later. Of the four backs making more than 10 mil a season on average: Elliott is a suspension waiting to happen. Gurley has knees that are potentially more questionable than decision making during closing time at a bar. David Johnson has carried the Cardinals to a 3-14-1 record since signing his big contract. And Le'Veon Bell sat out a full season because the Steelers knew his replacement would fill in acceptably for roughly 19x less money than Bell was set to earn.

There are 11 total HB's in the NFL averaging 5 million or more/year and two of them are on the Texans (Lamar Miller & Duke Johnson) so a total of 10 teams in a 32 team league have (I use this term loosely) "high paid" HB's. In comparison there are 47(!) WR's in the NFL making 5 million or more per year. Of the 32 teams in the NFL only the Ravens, Steelers and Panthers don't have a WR making more than 5 million a year. 17 of the 32 teams have at least TWO WR's making 5 million or more a year. HB just isn't a high priority/high paying position in the current NFL climate. 
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 04:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: The Browns got a 3rd for their 3rd string RB.

The Bengals struggle to trade as we saw with the heavily claimed Willis.

Either way do we really trust Tobin with a rebuild? The guy hasn't drafted a probowler since Eifert. That was what? 2013?

No I don't trust Tobin but the 2013 is a bit misleading isn't it. Boyd, Jackson, Bates, Lawson, Hubbard, and Mixion are all highly regarded players around the league.
The draft isn't really the problem( Every team is going to have it's share of misses) but overvaluing our backups destroys us.
 Signing Bernard to starter money when we can easily replace him with a 3rd Rd pick is just dumb. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Keep talented players, especially younger talented players and cut dead-wood. The O-Line needs to be fixed but it doesn't mean a team has to trade a star player to fix the line.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote