Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading Up
(04-07-2020, 05:56 PM)Synric Wrote: I believe there are only four players worth it for the Bengals to trade up for...Isaiah Simmons, Jedrick Wills, Tristan Wirfs, Mekhi Becton and all four are to large of gap from 33.

I'd trade up for Andrew Thomas if he falls to 18+.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 04:59 PM)EatonFan Wrote: We have the top of 2nd round pick.  Who would you "go up" for if the 1st round panned out to about the 26th pick and "your guy" wasn't taken?  

Not sure what the trade points chart-wise would be but...

I'd think it would have to be an OL or LB.

Thanks to FA before the draft and the Bengals going in a different direction in FA, the draft for the Bengals will be a opportunist's dream.  They can hold up anybody for their top of the round picks.  Alternatively they could be buyers, anything goes.  The last thing I expect is their draft selections staying as it is right now. 
OT and WR are relatively deep so I can't see the Bengals trading up for them. 
LB is relatively thin so I could see them trading up from #33.  Trading down so they can shore up the Oline with depth or starters and a starting caliber WR certainly seems possible.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I could actually see them (and hope they do) trading down from 33 and picking up an extra 3rd.

I'd love to see them pick up 2 linebackers in round 3 (Gay, Harrison, Dye etc)
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 12:59 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I could actually see them (and hope they do) trading down from 33 and picking up an extra 3rd.

Same and I would put Gaither in that group and Logan Wilson a bit later.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 11:52 AM)McC Wrote: A seven week draft?  That's madness.  I believe they have talked about a seven night draft and even that went over like a lead balloon.

Why would it be madness?

Seven consecutive nights of draft would be too relentless. People can't put their lives on hold seven nights in a row.

One night of NFL a week (maybe this should be Sunday instead of Thursday) however over 7 weeks is a far more manageable commitment that people can tune in for. It gives the draft time to breath. For those less in depth fans one night a week isn't too time consuming. For those draft geeks who like to pore over every last detail it gives them a week to reflect on each round and prepare and strategize for the next.

In future years you may need to bring forward the draft a couple of weeks, but this year there will be no rookie camps in the weeks immediately following the draft. Why not spread it out over 7 weeks and have football news throughout April and May?
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 03:34 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Why would it be madness?

Seven consecutive nights of draft would be too relentless. People can't put their lives on hold seven nights in a row.

One night of NFL a week (maybe this should be Sunday instead of Thursday) however over 7 weeks is a far more manageable commitment that people can tune in for. It gives the draft time to breath. For those less in depth fans one night a week isn't too time consuming. For those draft geeks who like to pore over every last detail it gives them a week  to reflect on each round and prepare and strategize for the next.

In future years you may need to bring forward the draft a couple of weeks, but this year there will be no rookie camps in the weeks immediately following the draft. Why not spread it out over 7 weeks and have football news throughout April and May?

Wouldn't be against it, it is a moot point though cause it isn't happening this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 03:34 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Why would it be madness?

One night of NFL a week (maybe this should be Sunday instead of Thursday) however over 7 weeks is a far more manageable commitment that people can tune in for. It gives the draft time to breath. For those less in depth fans one night a week isn't too time consuming. For those draft geeks who like to pore over every last detail it gives them a week  to reflect on each round and prepare and strategize for the next.

You cannot stretch a three day event out to nearly two months.  When the idea of seven nights came up, it was immediately shot down.  If seven nights is too long, seven weeks is impossible.  You're in June and still holding the draft?  Never.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Austin Jackson is not OogieBoogie. He is a bit of a project but he is already better than Ced Ever was.

He will make a fine RT. Just don’t trade up for him.

Josh Jones is my pipe dream.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 12:59 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I could actually see them (and hope they do) trading down from 33 and picking up an extra 3rd.

Ive seen mocks having us take Gay in the 2nd at 33, I have no idea why.  
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 08:44 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Ive seen mocks having us take Gay in the 2nd at 33, I have no idea why.  

Haters?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote