Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading back in the 1st round to get more talent.
Ok. So we know we have to address our offensive line. While also drafting other needs.

With tez out 4 games we could use an early NFL ready OLB. And since we play the steelers one game later. He might put a hit out on juju risking even more games.

Also we have not re signed pac man yet either so a decent cb could be realistic.

We have needed quality safeties for sometime now. Bringing in reid for a visit really made us see how lackluster our safety situation is.

Could we use a DT, or DE ? I'm sure if it's the right talent yes we could.

Tight end has been addressed with eifert but he is injury prone and who knows if he will even be healthy this whole season. I like drafting Miami hurricane TE in middle rounds. He is hurt right now but we will only need him to start if eifert goes down again.

Back up QB. Not many like Barkley at all and I think we can grab someone between rounds 5 and 7 that would be an upgrade to him.

Bottom line. If we could trade back in 1st. Get another 1st round and a second round in return.

It let's ua still grab a center late 1st round. Then with two second round picks get a couple players who fell out of the 1st.

I'm thinking maybe a guard/C and a CB.

With our 3rd round picks we should earmark one for griffin at olb/s aND use the other for DE or DT.

4th round we can pick up out tackle.

This has explosive upgrades all over with numerous picks yet.

Granted rounds 5 thru 7 bring little hope as immediate impact players. Yet it will net us a wr, qb, fs,ss that are capable
Reply/Quote
Not sure who would want to trade up? New England owns the 23rd and 31st so maybe they want to move up to 21 (I doubt it) and give us a 3rd or 4th? I would do that if all 3 Centers were still on the board and McGlinchey and Wynn were gone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 11:31 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Not sure who would want to trade up? New England owns the 23rd and 31st so maybe they want to move up to 21 (I doubt it) and give us a 3rd or 4th? I would do that if all 3 Centers were still on the board and McGlinchey and Wynn were gone.
They have been rumored to a certain QB. and we have given them enough players lately lol.

It's going to have to be a watch the board and go from there decision. Yet I do believe we will get calls.

Just have to make sure the deal is sweet enough. But if we go into the draft keeping that as an option it really could work out in our favor.
Reply/Quote
Why the heck would the Bengals need more than 11 picks? As it is, they need to trade up some time in the draft to lower it to 8-9 picks.

Getting 7 or whatever late round picks, and 4-5 of them not making the team is a waste.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'd rather we trade up.

We already have 11 picks. We don't need more.
Reply/Quote
I agree if Wynn and McGlinchey are gone... worth considering. Not to hoard the picks but as currency to move back up in the second.
Reply/Quote
I saw a mock were we grab Wynn in the 1st and Ragnow in the 2nd
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 11:24 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I saw a mock were we grab Wynn in the 1st and Ragnow in the 2nd

I think it's more likely we could pull it off in the reverse order. There are rumors that Wynn got flagged by some teams for medicals. 
Reply/Quote
I would stay at 21 and pick a center. Should be a decent one available at that pick. Maybe trade some of our later picks for a better 2nd round.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I can see Jacksonville wanting to move up but probably not
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 11:13 PM)livebythe10 Wrote: Ok. So we know we have to address our offensive line. While also drafting other needs.

With tez out 4 games we could use an early NFL ready OLB.  And since we play the steelers one game later. He might put a hit out on juju risking even more games.

Also we have not re signed pac man yet either so a decent cb could be realistic.

We have needed quality safeties for sometime now. Bringing in reid for a visit really made us see how lackluster our safety situation is.

Could we use a DT, or DE ?  I'm sure if it's the right talent yes we could.

Tight end has been addressed with eifert but he is injury prone and who knows if he will even be healthy this whole season.  I like drafting Miami hurricane TE in middle rounds.  He is hurt right now but we will only need him to start if eifert goes down again.

Back up QB.  Not many like Barkley at all and I think we can grab someone between rounds 5 and 7 that would be an upgrade to him.

Bottom line.  If we could trade back in 1st. Get another 1st round and a second round in return.

It let's ua still grab a center late 1st round.  Then with two second round picks get a couple players who fell out of the 1st.

I'm thinking maybe a guard/C and a CB.

With our 3rd round picks we should earmark one for griffin at olb/s aND use the other for DE or DT.

4th round we can pick up out tackle.

This has explosive upgrades all over with numerous picks yet.

Granted rounds 5 thru 7 bring little hope as immediate impact players. Yet it will net us a wr, qb, fs,ss that are capable

Okay, so we trade back, grab Price and get another 2nd rounder and go...

2nd round - Dorian O'Daniel LB Clemson
2nd round - Rasheem Green End USC
3rd round - Tyrell Crosby OT Oregon
3rd round - Tim Settle DT VT
4th round - Wyatt Teller OG VT

I like it.
Reply/Quote
I would love for the Bengals to trade back some to pick up an extra 2nd/3rd round and then also package up 2-3 5th rounders to get another 4th rounder. Would essentially result in seven picks in the first four rounds. Then use the 7th rounders to keep a few of their favorites from hitting UDFA.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 10:20 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Why the heck would the Bengals need more than 11 picks? As it is, they need to trade up some time in the draft to lower it to 8-9 picks.

Getting 7 or whatever late round picks, and 4-5 of them not making the team is a waste.

The trade would get us an extra 2nd round pick. Maybe even another 3rd as well.

Nobody said anything about getting more picks at the end of the draft at all.  
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 06:34 PM)livebythe10 Wrote: The trade would get us an extra 2nd round pick. Maybe even another 3rd as well.

Nobody said anything about getting more picks at the end of the draft at all.  

Think we could get a 2nd rounder trading back huh?

Guess that is possible. I will edit my post accordingly.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 03:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Okay, so we trade back, grab Price and get another 3rd rounder and go...

2nd round - Dorian O'Daniel LB Clemson
3rd round - Rasheem Green End USC
3rd round - Tyrell Crosby OT Oregon
3rd round - Tim Settle DT VT
4th round - Wyatt Teller OG VT

I like it.

I like how you are thinking. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 06:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Think we could get a 2nd rounder trading back huh?

Guess that is possible. I will edit my post accordingly.

Never know what could happen.  The Browns could take Barkley at pick 1. Chubb at pick 4.

Then give a 2nd and 3rd rounder to jump ahead of the Patriots for a QB in 1st. 

Crazy things happen. That's why I love the draft
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 06:39 PM)livebythe10 Wrote: I like how you are thinking. 

Thank you good sir. Cool

(04-26-2018, 06:42 PM)livebythe10 Wrote: Never know what could happen.  The Browns could take Barkley at pick 1. Chubb at pick 4.

Then give a 2nd and 3rd rounder to jump ahead of the Patriots for a QB in 1st. 

Crazy things happen. That's why I love the draft

Yeah, its a blast.
Reply/Quote
We don’t need more picks we need better picks.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 07:12 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: We don’t need more picks we need better picks.
And this would get us a couple better picks.
Reply/Quote
I think that I agree with some of the others, the Bengals should be looking to package some of those late picks to trade up in the 2nd. 11 players aren't going to make the roster, anyway.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote