Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading with the Raiders.
Theres a chance that maybe the player the Bengals want isnt there like Devon White or Jonah Williams at 11.
I would not mind seeing Cincy trade for picks 24 and 27 and maybe getting another pick out of the Raiders.
Raiders can have then picks 4 and 11 and the Bengals have picks 24 27 and a Raiders 2nd or 3rd RD pick.

when was the last time the Bengsls had 2 picks in the 1st RD?
if these franchise is serious about doing things out of their comfort zone then why not extent that to draft day?
this franchise needs to start thinking about life after Dslton and Green.
yeah Im probally the only one who wants this done.in trading that 11 pick for another 1st RD pick.
but anyhow thoughts?
Reply/Quote
So, assuming the guy the Bengals want isn't there at 11. Then what? Trade back? Sure, maybe a few spots, but I'm not sure that impact player that they need is there, going that far back into the round.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 06:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, assuming the guy the Bengals want isn't there at 11.  Then what?  Trade back?  Sure, maybe a few spots, but I'm not sure that impact player that they need is there, going that far back into the round.

I think you can find immediate impact players or instant contributors anywhere in the 1st 2 RDs.
JuJu Smith Shuster and Tyrek Hill come to mind and Kareem Hunt.
Reply/Quote
Gruden isnt going to trade away his first round picks. The Raiders are going to collect as many top 100 picks as possible. I could see them trading back from 4 to get more picks.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I like the idea and thought about it myself. IF AND THATS A BIG IF we got cj Mosley in free agency I personally love the idea as we could get Cody Ford(future left tackle) riser(future rt) and Lindstrom(future guard) all pro bowl caliber players. Then draft a lber in rd3.
Reply/Quote
I've waffled on the idea of trading back since there's several spots we need help at that likely would be fillable around 20-25 (te, g, probly lb). But this draft has some outstanding edge rushers and we're going to need someone there sooner than later. I'd rather get a guy there that solves having to possibly reach or hope one develops in a few years.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 06:27 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Theres a chance that maybe the player the Bengals want isnt there like Devon White or Jonah Williams at 11.
I would not mind seeing Cincy trade for picks 24 and 27 and maybe getting another pick out of the Raiders.
Raiders can have then picks 4 and 11 and the Bengals have picks 24 27 and a Raiders 2nd or 3rd RD pick.

if these franchise is serious about doing things out of their comfort zone then why not extent that to draft day?
yeah Im probally the only one who wants this done.in trading that 11 pick for another 1st RD pick.
but anyhow thoughts?

If the Bengals traded back from 11 to get 24 and 27, that's a decent amount of overpayment from the Raiders' end so that might be unrealistic. The Bengals might also have to give up like a Day 3 pick or something, but I'd be in favor anyway if it meant getting better talent overall compared to (11th overall + Day 3 pick).

The key will be what talent will be available at 11, don't make the trade prior to the draft.
If Jonah Williams and/or Devin White are/is at 11, I don't make a trade.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 06:39 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I think you can find immediate impact players or instant contributors anywhere in the 1st 2 RDs.
JuJu Smith Shuster and Tyrek Hill come to mind and Kareem Hunt.

Kareem Hunt was 3rd rd.
Tyreek Hill was 5th rd due to off-field issues.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I think it all depends if there is a run on QBs in the top 10 as it always does.

Hopefully are desperate teams trade up to get "a Guy", leaving the talent pool and options at pick #11 wide-open.

Personally I would rather have a higher quality O-Lineman or LB over two picks at the end of round one with this Raiders trade

scenario. There are not many high impact Day 1 Starters at these areas of need imo, and I say we need to select at 11.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2019, 12:40 PM)Benton Wrote: I've waffled on the idea of trading back since there's several spots we need help at that likely would be fillable around 20-25 (te, g, probly lb). But this draft has some outstanding edge rushers and we're going to need someone there sooner than later. I'd rather get a guy there that solves having to possibly reach or hope one develops in a few years.

Honestly, we've done a LOT better with second rounders than first.  Don't know if this was a Marvin thing or what.  But trading back and getting an extra second rounder might just be the way to go if, say White was gone by 11.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 06:27 PM)impactplaya Wrote: when was the last time the Bengsls had 2 picks in the 1st RD?

Dre and Zeitler in 2012.  Two good starters.

Before that it was 1998.  Spikes and Brian Simmons.  Again two good starters.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 06:27 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I would not mind seeing Cincy trade for picks 24 and 27 and maybe getting another pick out of the Raiders.

According to the standard draft value chart you have this backwards.

In order for us to get picks 24 (740) and 27 (680) we would have to give up 11 (1250) plus another pick.
Reply/Quote
As a general rule I am in favor of trading back to get more picks, but you have to wait and see exactly who is available at 11.

The 11 pick (1250) is worth approximately the Titans picks at 19 (875) and 51 (390). As a general rule I would MUCH rather have two picks in the top 51 than one pick at 11. The draft is a crap shoot and even the best teams have first round picks that flop.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 01:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: As a general rule I am in favor of trading back to get more picks, but you have to wait and see exactly who is available at 11.

The 11 pick (1250) is worth approximately the Titans picks at 19 (875) and 51 (390).  As a general rule I would MUCH rather have two picks in the top 51 than one pick at 11.  The draft is a crap shoot and even the best teams have first round picks that flop.

I understand your logic, but I'm a Devin White guy all the way with pick #11, if he's there. I really don't want to pass on him, and we know that he won't be there at 19. He's a rare generational talent that our defense sorely needs, particularly with the loss of Burfict (he's not the same player he was 2 years ago). 

If we do trade down with the Titans, who would we take at 19? I haven't looked at that scenario very carefully. But I do hope that Germaine Pratt (ILB, NC State) is there for us in Round 2. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 06:27 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Theres a chance that maybe the player the Bengals want isnt there like Devon White or Jonah Williams at 11.

but anyhow thoughts?

I think this would be brilliant as your two first rounders both have the 5th year before FA.  There will surely be a RT candidate and a LB there that could impact this club.  I would be all over this trade.  Without looking at the point values, the Bengals might also be able to add something like a 4th rounder.  That seems to be where the Bengals get more hits than misses anyways.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
It seems each year everyone's favorite player is Trade Back.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2019, 11:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It seems each year everyone's favorite player is Trade Back.

Can't help it, he aced the combine!
Reply/Quote

but anyhow thoughts?

I do not trust Duke Tobin in the draft room,the dude thinks he is all powerful and he needs others up the ranks to question everything this guy does.He has the big head and needs help looking at potential Bengal players. Sick
Reply/Quote