Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McMaster out, Bolton in?
Very disturbing or only somewhat?

Trump decides to remove national security adviser, and others may follow

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-decides-to-remove-national-security-adviser-and-others-may-follow/ar-BBKh907?OCID=ansmsnnews11

President Trump has decided to remove H.R. McMaster as his national security adviser and is actively discussing potential replacements, according to five people with knowledge of the plans, preparing to deliver yet another jolt to the senior ranks of his administration.

Trump is now comfortable with ousting McMaster, with whom he never personally gelled, but is willing to take time executing the move because he wants to ensure both that the three-star Army general is not humiliated and that there is a strong successor lined up, these people said.

The turbulence is part of a broader potential shake-up under consideration by Trump that is likely to include senior officials at the White House, where staffers are gripped by fear and un­certainty as they await the next move from an impulsive president who enjoys stoking conflict.....

For all of the evident disorder, Trump feels emboldened, advisers said — buoyed by what he views as triumphant decisions last week to impose tariffs on steel and aluminum and to agree to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. The president is enjoying the process of assessing his team and making changes, tightening his inner circle to those he considers survivors and who respect his unconventional style,

The president has complained that McMaster is too rigid and that his briefings go on too long and seem irrelevant.

Several candidates have emerged as possible McMaster replacements, including John Bolton, a former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, and Keith Kellogg, the chief of staff of the National Security Council.

Kellogg travels with Trump on many domestic trips, in part because the president likes his company and thinks he is fun. Bolton has met with Trump several times and often agrees with the president’s instincts. Trump also thinks Bolton, who regularly praises the president on Fox News Channel, is good on television. . . .

Some in the White House have been reluctant to oust McMaster from his national security perch until he has a promotion to four-star rank or other comfortable landing spot. They are eager to show that someone can serve in the Trump administration without suffering severe damage to their reputation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
McMasters leaving was reported sometime last week. Some may try to spend the ridiculous turnover, but no matter how you cut it, high turnover reflects poorly on the organization and its leadership.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

He only selects the best people!  

And if they start disagreeing with him then clearly they aren't the best anymore!

All seriousness aside Bolton should not be allowed IN the WH let alone have a position to help the POTUS.  IMHO.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-16-2018, 08:55 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: McMasters leaving was reported sometime last week. Some may try to spend the ridiculous turnover, but no matter how you cut it, high turnover reflects poorly on the organization and its leadership.

You've got that wrong BPat.

Last week's report was fake news.  This week's report is the true true.
(03-16-2018, 09:52 AM)GMDino Wrote: He only selects the best people!  

And if they start disagreeing with him then clearly they aren't the best anymore!

All seriousness aside Bolton should not be allowed IN the WH let alone have a position to help the POTUS.  IMHO.

He is the scariest of all the potential replacements.

It looks like Trump is now confidently trimming the adults from his staff, replacing them with people whom he is "comfortable" with--people who would not or could not have been chosen by any other candidate running for president in '16.

And this group will soon be directing negotiations with NK . . .

or maybe not, since we have no word yet reported that NK has in fact extended/accepted an invitation for a meeting.
I feel if I had learned how to keep score in baseball I’d be better able to follow.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

I have not been a fan of McMasters but I am certainly not a fan of Bolton.
(03-16-2018, 09:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have not been a fan of McMasters but I am certainly not a fan of Bolton.

To me he seems the most Trump-like of all staffers or cabinet members interviewed so far.

So I am curious--why are you not a fan?
(03-16-2018, 07:37 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I feel if I had learned how to keep score in baseball I’d be better able to follow.

"YYEERR OUT! . . . That's what you want to keep track of.  Score doesn't matter LMAO
(03-16-2018, 09:10 PM)Dill Wrote: To me he seems the most Trump-like of all staffers or cabinet members interviewed so far.

So I am curious--why are you not a fan?

Because he hasn’t met a war he didn’t support, and a country he didn’t want to bomb.. He is the same as John McCain, Lindsey Graham, and the rest of the establishment uniparty.

McMaster’s was soft on Muslims and just perpetuated that nonsense. But he at least didn’t want to go bombs away from the jump.
I'd imagine there is a constant loop of the classic circus clown music playing over loud speakers everywhere at the white house. Except it is mixed with a horror show so there are also evil clowns hiding in the shadows.

Instead of the clown car there is one big orange faced clown sitting at an empty desk and clowns just keep coming out from under it