Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trae Wayans, just gtfo
(10-13-2021, 08:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote:  He's never been a malingerer, I don't know why anyone would think he is now.

Because very few people have a job they are passionate about.  Most people would be glad to give up their job if they could still get paid, but being a professional athlete is completely different.  Most of these guys live for the competition.  Their identity and self-worth has always been measure by how they perform on the field and they are highly competitive.

Like i said.  When I played for free I hated to miss playing time with injury.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 08:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Because very few people have a job they are passionate about.  Most people would be glad to give up their job if they could still get paid, but being a professional athlete is completely different.  Most of these guys live for the competition.  Their identity and self-worth has always been measure by how they perform on the field and they are highly competitive.

Like i said.  When I played for free I hated to miss playing time with injury.

I guess some people just try to make themselves feel better about themselves by tearing other successful people down. 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 08:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What about when a guy gets millions of dollars in insurance when his wife dies?

It is hard for NFL players to have their dreams and identity taken from them because of injury.  Money is not everything.

I am not happy hes hurt.  But he should be fine.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 08:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Sure I can.  He won't get the rest of his millions and he has to earn enough now to live on the rest of his life, which explains the staggering number of ex-NFL players that are bankrupt.  

I doubt the guy enjoys being knows as fragile and useless.  He wants to play, but he hasn't done the work to prepare and it is showing up with injuries.  

(10-13-2021, 08:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What about when a guy gets millions of dollars in insurance when his wife dies?

It is hard for NFL players to have their dreams and identity taken from them because of injury.  Money is not everything.

We've reached the point of this thread where we are worried that Trae Waynes is not going to be able to financially make it on his $52.86m career earnings and comparing his injuries to a spouse dying?

Oof.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 09:24 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: We've reached the point of this thread where we are worried that Trae Waynes is not going to be able to financially make it on his $52.86m career earnings and comparing his injuries to a spouse dying?

Oof.

This all came after the point where we decided that Waynes is just trying to avoid playing instead of really being injured

Oof.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 09:24 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: We've reached the point of this thread where we are worried that Trae Waynes is not going to be able to financially make it on his $52.86m career earnings and comparing his injuries to a spouse dying?

Oof.

No idea what Fred was saying, but the numbers of ex NFL players in bankruptcy after just 5 years is staggering.  They lose a lot to taxes, agents, etc. and then live like they will make $10 million every year, and they won't.  Very few guys are like Gronk and Burrow.  

I am not asking anyone to feel bad for the guy for his financial position, but I do feel bad for him that he can't stay on the field.  Some of it could be poor preparation, some is just bad luck.  I am sure he wants to play.  

I am also certain that if he came back and finished the year strong and made some defining play like a pick six in the playoffs that would send the Bengals to the Super Bowl or something that everyone would forget about his first year-and-a-half.  Pretty unlikely, but you get what I am saying.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 06:31 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: It definitely sucks but it is what it is at this point and I'd just let him sit and hopefully he can get back after the bye. I think Apple was improving his play but I'd definitely look into Trey Flowers because we are probably one more injury to the secondary to being in real trouble. If this defense starts to decline it's play we are gonna really start to struggle. But if Flowers is worth picking up I see him going to a team with more legitimate superbowl aspirations.

another trey? Ok
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 11:27 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: No idea what Fred was saying, but the numbers of ex NFL players in bankruptcy after just 5 years is staggering.  They lose a lot to taxes, agents, etc. and then live like they will make $10 million every year, and they won't.  Very few guys are like Gronk and Burrow.  

I am not asking anyone to feel bad for the guy for his financial position, but I do feel bad for him that he can't stay on the field.  Some of it could be poor preparation, some is just bad luck.  I am sure he wants to play.  

I am also certain that if he came back and finished the year strong and made some defining play like a pick six in the playoffs that would send the Bengals to the Super Bowl or something that everyone would forget about his first year-and-a-half.  Pretty unlikely, but you get what I am saying.  

Yep absolutely true if he comes back and does that. 

I'm a Bengal fan and not a Trae Waynes fan though so right now until that happens and based on his return thus far I don't want to see him back in uniform for us next year.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 06:31 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: It definitely sucks but it is what it is at this point and I'd just let him sit and hopefully he can get back after the bye. I think Apple was improving his play but I'd definitely look into Trey Flowers because we are probably one more injury to the secondary to being in real trouble. If this defense starts to decline it's play we are gonna really start to struggle. But if Flowers is worth picking up I see him going to a team with more legitimate superbowl aspirations.

(10-13-2021, 12:46 PM)kalibengal Wrote: another trey? Ok

Just an FYI: 

Tre Flowers is the CB:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FlowTr01.htm

Trey Flowers is the Edge Defender:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FlowTr00.htm

We already have 3 Trey's and a Trae, but no Tre's. It's a bigreason I wanted us to sign Trai Turner; as we have none of them. None of these should be confused with former Bengal RB Tra Carson.

Study; there will be a quiz later
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Pretty sure Waynes' injury is not on purpose. I mean, I believe he wants to play. I don't recall Waynes having health issues with the Vikings. I do not understand why fans blame players for injury.

WTS, I think Bengals will draft CB in round 1-2 next draft to fill the spot, and I think Bengals may let him walk after this year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 01:21 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Pretty sure Waynes' injury is not on purpose.  I mean, I believe he wants to play.  I don't recall Waynes having health issues with the Vikings.  I do not understand why fans blame players for injury.  

WTS, I think Bengals will draft CB in round 1-2 next draft to fill the spot, and I think Bengals may let him walk after this year.

I agree that Waynes is probably gone after this season unless he blows up after returning from IR and plays like the best CB. His release would give the Bengals an extra $11 million in cap space. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 01:21 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Pretty sure Waynes' injury is not on purpose.  I mean, I believe he wants to play.  I don't recall Waynes having health issues with the Vikings.  I do not understand why fans blame players for injury.  

I agree that they probably let him go after this year, but the Bengals still need to draft OL early and often. Their current OL starting lineup that is under contract for 2022 (with PFF grades after) is....

LT: Jonah Williams (70.0)
LG: Xavier Su'a-Filo (50.0)
C: Trey Hopkins (45.0)
RG: D'Ante Smith (-)
RT: Jackson Carman (32.3)

It's... not pretty. You only have 1 player there that is currently a starting caliber player.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Trae Waynes is apparently aware of people thinking he doesnt want to play and earn all that money from his contract, and has released a photo of him rehabbing his hamstring to show how hard he is working to get back on the field. Let Trae do his thing, the guy looks like he is really giving it his all guys!

[Image: photo-1573686332196-295ddf101e09?ixid=Mn...=1000&q=80]
Reply/Quote
Good as gone after this season. No reason to throw more good money after bad.
Reply/Quote
The first rule: if you wish to attack someone's character, at least spell their name correctly.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 09:26 AM)GodFather Wrote: Trae Waynes is apparently aware of people thinking he doesnt want to play and earn all that money from his contract, and has released a photo of him rehabbing his hamstring to show how hard he is working to get back on the field. Let Trae do his thing, the guy looks like he is really giving it his all guys!

It appears he's being seen by Dr Jose Cuervo....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 08:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Sure I can.  He won't get the rest of his millions and he has to earn enough now to live on the rest of his life, which explains the staggering number of ex-NFL players that are bankrupt.  

I doubt the guy enjoys being knows as fragile and useless.  He wants to play, but he hasn't done the work to prepare and it is showing up with injuries.  

Most NFL bankruptcies are a direct result of poor investment or terrible spending tendencies. Dudes are young, dumb, and gullible. Pissing away cash on cars, jewelry, big ass houses, hangers on, and other dumb shit is stupid when working in a volatile business with terrible long term employment chances. That said, there are plenty of examples of guys who spent frugally, saved money, and planned for successful careers after the NFL. Most people would be more than set for life on what Waynes already got in guaranteed money and yearly salary.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote

Bad spending habits and bad investments are the cause of that. Anyone on this planet should be able to live the rest of their lives off an NFL rookie contract. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 01:45 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I agree that Waynes is probably gone after this season unless he blows up after returning from IR and plays like the best CB. His release would give the Bengals an extra $11 million in cap space. 

Even if he does extremely well, how do you have confidence in a guy who is going to miss (at least) 22 games (all last season plus 6+ games this year) since signing his contract?

My worry is that they not only keep Waynes next season with that large cap but also spend high draft capital on a CB, thereby forcing the CB to have to ride the bench unless there's an injury.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 09:26 AM)GodFather Wrote: Trae Waynes is apparently aware of people thinking he doesnt want to play and earn all that money from his contract, and has released a photo of him rehabbing his hamstring to show how hard he is working to get back on the field. Let Trae do his thing, the guy looks like he is really giving it his all guys!

Under water resistance training is perfect for leg injuries.  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote