Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trae Waynes
I was thinking of Trae before the playoffs and hoping that he could finally get a chance to contribute and show what he could or couldn't do on the big stage.

I was a little disappointed he didn't have any defensive snaps. But we won and Eli Apple has more than earned his spot this season so I can't complain.

But this game coming up is the exact reason I would've liked to have gotten him some reps. The Titans are gonna run the ball and they have run well with or without Henry. Trae is known more for his tackling than coverage skills and I think he could be a vital part of the defense this week.
I know a lot of fans have written him off and rightfully so. But thinking this offseason I think we need to add pieces to improve our team while adding depth. We were very lucky this season from a health stand point and letting Trae walk will free up money and also creates a need on a long list of needs. This playoff game might give us an idea if he's worth the obvious risk of keeping him for his last year or not
Reply/Quote
I know I saw him in the practice squad game. How didn’t he get any snaps against the Raiders?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hell no... You don't keep Waynes past this year. He's never filled a need, so I'm not sure what need his departure opens up. I really good corner in the draft is a lot less costly than his salary.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
What a flop he ended up being. Thankfully Chido, Hendrickson, Hilton, Apple, BJH, Reader, Ogunjobi, Spain and Bell were absolute homerun signings the last 2 years. Reiff was ok, sucks he got hurt.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
I’m going to use a term I absolutely hate. Wayne’s is garbage.

Reply/Quote
They only thing Wayne's is good for at this point in his Bengals tenure is freeing up 11mil or whatever it is when we cut him after this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 09:08 PM)jason Wrote: Hell no... You don't keep Waynes past this year. He's never filled a need, so I'm not sure what need his departure opens up. I really good corner in the draft is a lot less costly than his salary.

I get it he has barely gotten on the field in 2 years and if he did stay who knows what happens health wise. But Apple is a free agent I believe and we need depth if we sign him and let Trae go. 

I'm really just thinking we have legit superbowl aspirations next year and have areas we need to shore up in free agency and the draft.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 08:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I know I saw him in the practice squad game. How didn’t he get any snaps against the Raiders?

I don't know but he didn't. But the defense did a really good job so it's hard to argue with how it played out.
Maybe the writing is on the wall with Waynes and he's gone after this year. But this is an opportunity to see the potential he was in a big time game in our defense.
Reply/Quote
I would pkay him over flowers who gives up a big play every game . Flowers might be the stiffiest cornerback ive ever seen
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 09:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I’m going to use a term I absolutely hate. Wayne’s is garbage.

Making all that $$$ and contributing nothing.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 10:46 PM)magikod Wrote: Making all that $$$ and contributing nothing.

I honestly wouldn’t trust him in a game right now.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 09:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I’m going to use a term I absolutely hate. Wayne’s is garbage.

I was big into DFS when he was a Viking. I actually subscribed to a tout site (dumb, I know) and Waynes was a plus-matchup target for opposing receivers week in and week out. And it worked. I wasn’t thrilled with the signing from the jump.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 10:48 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I honestly wouldn’t trust him in a game right now.

Yeah, he seems to not even be interested in fitting in with the other players or trying to contribute. 

He must see the writing on the wall, but damn at least try a little.  Whatever
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Dude, honestly I’d rather bring back Hargreaves than Wayne’s. And I’m dead serious. And the little that I have seen of Wayne’s he looks like Kirkpatrick 2.0. Best thing Wayne’s can do for us is save us 11 mil. Later dude.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 10:45 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I would pkay him over flowers who gives up a big play every game  .   Flowers might be the stiffiest cornerback ive ever seen

Well he might look stiff because he's 6'3" 205. Flowers has been helping a lot covering the TEs lately. The kid's actually bigger than Bates. I'd love to have Flowers back next year
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 11:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well he might look stiff because he's 6'3" 205. Flowers has been helping a lot covering the TEs lately. The kid's actually bigger than Bates. I'd love to have Flowers back next year

I wasn’t aware of it, but people were saying he was a main contributor to shutting down Kelce after his first few catches.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 11:29 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I wasn’t aware of it, but people were saying he was a main contributor to shutting down Kelce after his first few catches.

Not just Kelce. He was on Darren Waller a lot during the wildcard game. He played 21 snaps, in obvious passing situations, and kept Waller contained.
It wasn’t only him…Pratt took Waller on a bit too, but combined, they held him to a pretty mediocre game.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Apple is better, let that sink in.

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Any possibility of restructuring Wayne’s deal and keeping him? I mean I know he has been a huge disappointment. But at one time he was almost considered elite. He and everyone has to know his value is almost 0 at this point. He needs to earn his reputation back. Restructuring his deal and base it heavily on hitting milestones during the year. ??‍♂️
Reply/Quote
That Waynes will be cut after this season,is pretty much inevitable,and would be a good move by the Bengals.

I hope the Bengals have a good draft this year.Maybe even get aggressive in free agency.
Reply/Quote