Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trae Waynes-Injury update
Trae is out for a "sizeable" portion of the season due a pectoral muscle torn while weightlifting. He is expected to be placed on IR sometime this week. However, with the new IR rules it is still possible for him to return this season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
...a call to Kirkpatrick wouldn’t be a bad idea for depth at this point.
Reply/Quote
Trae Waynes doesn't realize it, but he just screwed this whole organization for years to come. Mike Brown will never sign any one from free agency again.
Reply/Quote
I knew it was going to happen. Injuries and the Bengals go hand in hand.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 11:26 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Trae Waynes doesn't realize it, but he just screwed this whole organization for years to come. Mike Brown will never sign any one from free agency again.

The ghost of the Antwan Odom signing still haunt Mike Brown.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When WJIII did this his rookie season, I think he came back week 10?
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 11:31 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: The ghost of the Antwan Odom signing still haunt Mike Brown.

This is more the ghost of Antonio Bryant.  At least Odom had a good season.  
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 11:42 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: When WJIII did this his rookie season, I think he came back week 10?

He was able to return, but the Bengals went with Cedric Peerman for special teams, if memory serves.  
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 12:01 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: He was able to return, but the Bengals went with Cedric Peerman for special teams, if memory serves.  

Teams and because we were still in the playoff hunt, plus Gio-van tore his ACL and we needed another RB.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 12:01 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: He was able to return, but the Bengals went with Cedric Peerman for special teams, if memory serves.  

Ooo, that’s right. Thanks for jogging the memory. He was cleared to return but they chose the 4th string RB instead of the first round corner.
Reply/Quote
I bet he hurt this back before he was whining about not having his contract finalized.

BTW how can professional athletes hurt themselves working out? They should have been trained in proper weightlifting techniques for many years. If you do it right you shouldn't have catastrophic injuries.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 12:11 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Ooo, that’s right. Thanks for jogging the memory. He was cleared to return but they chose the 4th string RB instead of the first round corner.

The 4th string RB was the Special Teams Captain. And, WJIII was really struggling in zone coverage at that time. (and somewhat still is)
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 12:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The 4th string RB was the Special Teams Captain. And, WJIII was really struggling in zone coverage at that time. (and somewhat still is)

Jackson was a rookie who had missed all of training camp.  He just was not ready to contribute.

Can't believe some people are still upset over something they made up in their heads years ago.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 12:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The 4th string RB was the Special Teams Captain. And, WJIII was really struggling in zone coverage at that time. (and somewhat still is)

Jackson was a rookie who injured his pectoral before the first preseason game was even played in fact it was very early in training camp if I recall. He didn't have time to be considered struggling

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 12:49 PM)pally Wrote: Jackson was a rookie who injured his pectoral before the first preseason game was even played in fact it was very early in training camp if I recall.  He didn't have time to be considered struggling

He struggled in zone for his first years here. You don't think the coaches knew that? He still is not that great in zone coverage. He is just a beast in man coverage. 
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 12:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Jackson was a rookie who had missed all of training camp.  He just was not ready to contribute.

Can't believe some people are still upset over something they made up in their heads years ago.

Yep, made it all up in my head..... after reading article after article from the coaches talking about how he struggled with zone coverage.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 12:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, made it all up in my head..... after reading article after article from the coaches talking about how he struggled with zone coverage.

First of all, in the quote you posted I was agreeing with you.  Jackson was not ready to contribute.

But at that point in his rookie season I don't remember any quotes from the Bengal coaches about his cover skills because they had not seen him play or practice yet.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 12:11 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Ooo, that’s right. Thanks for jogging the memory. He was cleared to return but they chose the 4th string RB instead of the first round corner.

Still a good example because they happened at about the same time.  I am going to guess that he (Waynes) will stay on IR until week 8 and then maybe need a couple weeks to get up to speed.  If the Bengals can make things interesting with a few early wins, he may still be a vital part down the stretch.  
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 12:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I bet he hurt this back before he was whining about not having his contract finalized.

BTW how can professional athletes hurt themselves working out?   They should have been trained in proper weightlifting techniques for many years.  If you do it right you shouldn't have catastrophic injuries.

Now I am hearing it was in walk-throughs which is essentially non-contact OTAs.  Then again, Jonah Williams did serious damage to his labrum in the same activities.  Honestly, I was expecting the traditional hamstring or ankle injuries.  
Reply/Quote

All the more reason to get him out there and get experience.
Reply/Quote