Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trae Waynes appreciation thread
[Image: giphy.gif]

Sorry, I couldn't resist since this board clearly loves Trae Waynes.  Cool
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Before getting cut Trae informed the Bengals he would miss the first half of the 2022 season with a paper cut on his index finger. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:22 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Sorry, I couldn't resist since this board clearly loves Trae Waynes.  Cool

Waynes was an inspiration to Worker's Comp defrauders everywhere.
Reply/Quote
I appreciate that he's gone. Goes in my gratitude journal for today.
Reply/Quote
Thank the gods he didn’t scare Mike Brown away from staying aggressive in FA.

Reply/Quote
There was a player named Trae Wayne's on the team?

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: There was a player named Trae Wayne's on the team?

Turned out it was Jason Allen all along.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
If nothing else, his signing did show me the Bengals were beginning to take FA seriously. We brought in quite a haul that year.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
From Trae Waynes as an IG story

Cincy fam- Thank You for the ride.  I want to thank the city, the coaches, the fans, & most of all my teammates for an incredible 2 years!  It didn't go as planned for me personally,  but I'll never trade what we were able to accomplish as a team! THANK YOU!

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I heard the Bengals wanted to keep him until he walked into the offices today and said they were underpaying him for what he was bringing to this team. Said he demanded a raise for his efforts on the field Ninja
Reply/Quote
I read the title of this thread to myself, and out loud at work let loose a subtle "WTF". Bye Waynes
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Hendrickson to Hopkins & Waynes:

"Only room for 1 Trey/Trae on this squad".
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 06:01 PM)pally Wrote: From Trae Waynes as an IG story

Cincy fam- Thank You for the ride.  I want to thank the city, the coaches, the fans, & most of all my teammates for an incredible 2 years!  It didn't go as planned for me personally,  but I'll never trade what we were able to accomplish as a team! THANK YOU!

I'd never trade $30.8m and a Super Bowl appearance for playing 243 bad defensive snaps and 16 special teams snaps either. Not bad for 2 years "work". Ninja

(That is $118,918.92 per snap.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 06:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'd never trade $30.8m and a Super Bowl appearance for playing 243 bad defensive snaps and 16 special teams snaps either. Not bad for 2 years "work".  Ninja

He said "we" in his post... He only contributed slightly more than I did.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I don't know why fans make it personal when a player gets injured.

Don't you realize how silly it sounds to believe that Wayne's line of thinking was. "I'd rather fake an injury and not play than make over $15 million in 2022."

So why do fans go there? It makes no sense.
Reply/Quote
I played football for free and it killed me to miss games with injury.

NFL players are among the most competitive alpha males on the planet. I can't believe they like to miss games and look bad.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 06:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know why fans make it personal when a player gets injured.

Don't you realize how silly it sounds to believe that Wayne's line of thinking was. "I'd rather fake an injury and not play than make over $15 million in 2022."

He could end up being a bargain for a team willing to take a cheap gamble on him being able to get healthy and actually play.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 06:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know why fans make it personal when a player gets injured.

Don't you realize how silly it sounds to believe that Wayne's line of thinking was.  "I'd rather fake an injury and not play than make over $15 million in 2022."

So why do fans go there?  It makes no sense.

In addition, it's rather classless.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 06:01 PM)pally Wrote: From Trae Waynes as an IG story

He should have added, "the fans, except those of you on the Bengals Board, &..."
Reply/Quote

Well... He did come in complaining that he hadn't been paid cause he couldn't really sign during the early days of the Rona. Many of us common folk (not me personally) had lost their own revenue... Oh, and he was hurt instantly and constantly. I don't think he faked it, but he certainly didn't win anybody over. I never liked the signing .much anyway.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote