Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trae Waynes appreciation thread
Don’t let the door hit ya…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was never embarrassed to be called a Bengals fan throughout the black years of the 90s

I wasn't embarrassed to be called a Bengals fan over Zacs first couple years when we won 6 games

IF this thread represents what it means to be a Bengal fan; then I'm embarrassed to be called a Bengal fan

The kid was hurt, the kid got cut..WTF do folks that have absolutely no skin in the game want to pile on?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 07:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IF this thread represents what it means to be a Bengal fan; then I'm embarrassed to be called a Bengal fan

awww boohoo
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 07:14 PM)jason Wrote: Well... He did come in complaining that he hadn't been paid cause he couldn't really sign during the early days of the Rona. Many of us common folk (not me personally) had lost their own revenue... Oh, and he was hurt instantly and constantly. I don't think he faked it, but he certainly didn't win anybody over. I never liked the signing .much anyway.

Quote:"He did do all the Zoom calls. Obviously, there's no physical activity there, and he'd really want to be in the best shape of life, so he can play the best football of his life. But because of the Bengals' decision, he can't do that."

And then he gets hurt immediately. Then follows it up by getting hurt again and when he's finally healthy he's terrible and can't play his way back into the starting lineup.

The resources allocated to him could have been the difference between winning and losing the Super Bowl. Wouldn't say at all I take it personally, but there's no reason to be falsely happy for him either or pretend his time here wasn't a disaster.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Dude made $30 million in two years. I don’t think a few fans making some jokes is going to cause him much despair.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
At the time it seemed to be a good free agent signing. It didn't work out and he's gone now. Time to move on.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Actually at the time of the signing it seemed like an overpay for a middling player, but Lou needed DBs that could tackle especially with Cleveland and Lamar in the AFC North. Due to the rep that the Bengals had, of course they had to overpay because not many FAs wanted to come here period.
Reply/Quote
Injured players will no longer be placed on the injured list, they now get put on the T. Waynes list.

Trend setter!
Reply/Quote
It's too bad things never worked out for Waynes in Cincinnati because of the injuries. I thank him for deciding to be being part of this team even though it didnt turn out the way that either us fans nor Waynes wanted it to. Good luck to him in the future. I hope he is able to stay healthy wherever he goes.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 08:48 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: It's too bad things never worked out for Waynes in Cincinnati because of the injuries.  I thank him for deciding to be being part of this team even though it didnt turn out the way that either us fans nor Waynes wanted it to.  Good luck to him in the future.  I hope he is able to stay healthy wherever he goes.

Sucks to not have a neighbor who's a Bengal, but as long as he doesn't become a Bengal killer, it's all good. He's a nice guy. I'm sorry it didn't work out for the Bengals!
Reply/Quote
Trae dance 

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 07:14 PM)jason Wrote: Well... He did come in complaining that he hadn't been paid cause he couldn't really sign during the early days of the Rona. 

Actually he was complaining that he could not work out as aggressively as he needed to in order to properly prepare for the upcoming season.

Apparently players are afraid of getting injured pushing it too hard in the weight room before they are under contract. 

But for me it all come back to how he is losing $15 million in salary.

What NFL player intentionally tries to lose $15 million?
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 09:04 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: Sucks to not have a neighbor who's a Bengal, but as long as he doesn't become a Bengal killer, it's all good. He's a nice guy. I'm sorry it didn't work out for the Bengals!

Ahhh, waited for Montana Bengals Fan to show up before posting. It is just too bad. 

I hope Trae doesn't feel too bad about fleecing us lol

Weird how he was always healthy before becoming a Bengal and just couldn't stay healthy when in stripes.

Hope he does well as far as I know like you say Trae is a nice guy and that is cool being your neighbor. 

Lots of athletes are not good fellas off the field talking to regular folk. But have noticed our guys are for the most part.

Bottom line, I wish Trae Waynes the best. Rock On

And oh yeah, too bad we couldn't get Bozeman in here to match your home town. Dude was cheap for Carolina for some reason.

Oh well, love our Free Agency with Collins, Cappa, Karras, Hurst and bringing back BJ Hill so far.
Reply/Quote
Don't hate the guy and would like to thank him for being part of the defensive wave of talent that signed to help rescue our dismal defense.

Unfortunately for him it was just a monetary adjustment that needed to be made by the Bengals.

That's the risk in getting hurt in NFL, someone can step in and prove their own worth in your absence.

Doesn't mean he is bad, just got a bad break at the wrong time.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:24 PM)GodFather Wrote: After getting cut by the Bengals, Trae Waynes announced he would miss the 2022 season for his next employer.  Ninja

Nice!!   Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:22 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Sorry, I couldn't resist since this board clearly loves Trae Waynes.  Cool

I only clicked out of outrage for such a thread....well played, sir.  
Reply/Quote
I'll miss his 4 starts across two seasons.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Oh well, guys get hurt and the team doesn't get it's moneys worth (ex. AJ Green).  It happens.  A lot of guys play for far less than they're worth but nobody is screaming to give them a raise immediately.  It works both ways.

I wish Waynes the best and was actually pretty excited about the signing at first.  It just didn't work out.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote