Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trae Waynes as new CB2?
(03-21-2022, 03:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Not joking, but he could get hurt any day given his injury history and you are stuck with him then.

Or he could have his injury luck turn for the better and be a decent corner like what we were hoping for when we signed him. I personally hope to move on from him, but stranger things have happened.
Reply/Quote
It's time to move on imo, bring in another CB, DT, LG or C with that money.

Obviously Gilmore would be my first choice but not sure what he is willing to play for, think he was making 13 million a year and suspect he seeks more presently.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 03:38 PM)Go Cards Wrote: It's time to move on imo, bring in another CB, DT, LG or C with that money.

Obviously Gilmore would be my first choice but not sure what he is willing to play for, think he was making 13 million a year and suspect he seeks more presently.

Agree

I mean how many games has he "appeared in" in two full seasons ? 3 or 4 ? I just don't have any faith he can say on the field.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 02:09 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Apple is better

Waynes would be cb3 more than likely

If apple was better then why doesn’t his contract reflect it?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 02:10 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So then absolutely no reason for the Bengals to bring him back. Makes it even weirder that they haven't released him yet.

Even though it tastes like crap cooked, broccoli is good for you and you will eat it, since that's all you have. 

Until you go out and buy a cupcake. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 04:13 PM)basballguy Wrote: If apple was better then why doesn’t his contract reflect it?

ok trae waynes is better
Reply/Quote
I support Waynes as a #2. He had some knucklehead moments but I'm more inclined to go with a player that's been a career above average player versus someone that has been a career disappointment outside of a handful of games.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 04:23 PM)basballguy Wrote: I support Waynes as a #2.  He had some knucklehead moments but I'm more inclined to go with a player that's been a career above average player versus someone that has been a career disappointment outside of a handful of games.

alright Im sick of you and your emotions

clearly you dont watch with your eyes, you watch with your feelings
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 04:27 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: alright Im sick of you and your emotions

clearly you dont watch with your eyes, you watch with your feelings

You sound like a very friendly person.  You must be really popular with the other angry people on the internet.  
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 04:39 PM)basballguy Wrote: You sound like a very friendly person.  You must be really popular with the other angry people on the internet.  

gorillaz? yea, I liked clint eastwood when I was 7

Im a bundle of joy
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/1505994087408848900

[Image: eiKeawy.png]
and Waynes is gone...
Reply/Quote
Think another move is coming? If the rumored cap hit ($8M) is true we could have still fit Collins in without cutting Waynes. Gilmore maybe?
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 02:41 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: CB1: Awuzie
CB2: Apple
CB3 (slot): Hilton
------------------------

This is the eay it was all last year. IDK why some fail to grasp it.

For now:
CB4: Waynes (first boundary corner off bench)
CB5: Jalen Davis (Hilton's backup in the slot.
CB6: Open (Brannon a PS player).

Someone like Flowers could be brought back, but he is a niche guy and would be CB6 (taking TEs & big/sliw WRs). Another vet is possible, as is one (or two) early draft picks.

I really like the Flowers guy. He was pretty impressive , especially late in the season. The guy did a helluva job in the game here against Kelcie and he is an absolute menace for opponents on special teams. He's on top of guys more than Jack Mehoff. 
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 04:48 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: Think another move is coming? If the rumored cap hit ($8M) is true we could have still fit Collins in without cutting Waynes. Gilmore maybe?

Gilmore will be a Bengal, I think(maybe it's more, I hope).
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 04:13 PM)basballguy Wrote: If apple was better then why doesn’t his contract reflect it?

It does.

Right now Waynes is making $0 this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 02:41 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: CB1: Awuzie
CB2: Apple
CB3 (slot): Hilton
------------------------

This is the eay it was all last year. IDK why some fail to grasp it.

For now:
CB4: Waynes (first boundary corner off bench)
CB5: Jalen Davis (Hilton's backup in the slot.
CB6: Open (Brannon a PS player).

Someone like Flowers could be brought back, but he is a niche guy and would be CB6 (taking TEs & big/sliw WRs). Another vet is possible, as is one (or two) early draft picks.
I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on a guy like Kevin King. I think he could be a good cheap pick up. A guy who has never really reached his potential but is still just 26. Could be good depth.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:21 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I really like the Flowers guy. He was pretty impressive , especially late in the season. The guy did a helluva job in the game here against Kelcie and he is an absolute menace for opponents on special teams. He's on top of guys more than Jack Mehoff. 

Hilarious

but he is the guru of the NFL and knows all lol

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote