Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trae Waynes "in my head I'm done"
(06-20-2022, 08:14 PM)PDub80 Wrote: It's not just me saying it... Silence speaks volumes. It's what the team and his teammates were NOT saying: Which is that Trae Waynes is efforting hard and working hard, in the building, and doing all of the right things to get back in the field. And then seeing a complete lack of results from Waynes rehabbing for every and any injury he had while in Cincy.

Hopkins, Burrow, Logan Wilson... HIGGINS playing through a torn labrum.. Adeniji coming back. All of those guys had bad injuries. Adeniji had a similar shoulder injury as Waynes happen to him LATER in actual camp close to the season and HE came back. And he is a BIG man and uses his arms more than a CB does... especially in terms of push, pull, leverage, etc. Adeniji can come back, but Waynes cannot through all of 2020? BS!

Add to that Waynes and his agent whining about wanting his money during the weird COVID off-season. Literally giving interviews "What if Trae gets hurt working out and he hasn't gotten his money and signed his deal w the Bengals yet"... and then he immediately gets injured the first time he picks up a weight at PBS?!.... for all of time? He's either soft, a crook, or both. My chip is on BOTH.

Ah, I think you could be right Pdub, great points that make sense. Glad he isn't here anymore, the one bad pickup in FA in the 
Zac Taylor era so far. Hope we don't get anymore Trae Waynes in FA, it was a disastrous move, too bad we couldn't see the future
or Jarius Wright couldn't give some insight into Vikings practice where evidently he was burning Waynes all the time.
Reply/Quote
As much as the TW signing seems to be a huge waste of money; the FO did it right.

Look at the top 4 CBs in the 2020 FA group:

Byron Jones

Lames Bradberry

Kendall Fuller

The top 3 were close in average salary per year ($16.6 MIL-14.0 MIL). The biggest difference is BJ had $53.4 Mil in Guarantees, LB had $31.9 Mil while TW only had $15 MIL.

Hell, Fuller was much cheaper in Average salary ($10 MIL), but had $23.5 MIL in guarantees.

Sure, Waynes got $15 MIL in free money from us, but unlike many assert: he most likely didn't want it that way. Dude most likely would have preferred to excel and continue to get paid.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It’s pretty hard to bat 1000. The FO has been great w FA and Waynes was just one that didn’t work out.
Reply/Quote
Good luck to Trae Waynes. Wish he stayed healthy and played for us, but it is what it is. He has a bigger passion than football, and that is hunting. His multiple deer hunting outfitters will be more than enough for him to have a good life post football. He's pretty into it.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 08:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Pretty crazy he was drafted so early and played so poorly in practice and still got that dough from us.

Should of got inside info from Jarius before hand I guess.

Clearly he is a better GM than he ever was as a player lol.

Its always funny when a bad player throws shade at any other player lol.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 10:36 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Clearly he is a better GM than he ever was as a player lol.

I mean I know people in personnel departments that laughed when we paid Waynes that year if it makes you feel better. Had he played every down, it still would have been an awful contract because he wasn’t worth the deal he got.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 10:27 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Good luck to Trae Waynes. Wish he stayed healthy and played for us, but it is what it is. He has a bigger passion than football, and that is hunting. His multiple deer hunting outfitters will be more than enough for him to have a good life post football. He's pretty into it.

Well, I understand this too then. Our Montana Bengal fan has land right next to Waynes so it would make sense Trae is into 
hunting. You see this on youtube or something Bengaloo?

(06-20-2022, 10:36 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Clearly he is a better GM than he ever was as a player lol.

Yeah.

(06-20-2022, 10:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: I mean I know people in personnel departments that laughed when we paid Waynes that year if it makes you feel better. Had he played every down, it still would have been an awful contract because he wasn’t worth the deal he got.

He was a decent tackler with the Vikes. That was why we paid him I guess...

Most all of us really liked Mackenzie Alexander until we got Mike Hilton...
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 10:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: I mean I know people in personnel departments that laughed when we paid Waynes that year if it makes you feel better. Had he played every down, it still would have been an awful contract because he wasn’t worth the deal he got.

No you don't
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 12:05 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No you don't

Eh, Au165 don't lie...
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 08:14 PM)PDub80 Wrote: It's not just me saying it... Silence speaks volumes. It's what the team and his teammates were NOT saying: Which is that Trae Waynes is efforting hard and working hard, in the building, and doing all of the right things to get back in the field. And then seeing a complete lack of results from Waynes rehabbing for every and any injury he had while in Cincy.

Hopkins, Burrow, Logan Wilson... HIGGINS playing through a torn labrum.. Adeniji coming back. All of those guys had bad injuries. Adeniji had a similar shoulder injury as Waynes happen to him LATER in actual camp close to the season and HE came back. And he is a BIG man and uses his arms more than a CB does... especially in terms of push, pull, leverage, etc. Adeniji can come back, but Waynes cannot through all of 2020? BS!

Add to that Waynes and his agent whining about wanting his money during the weird COVID off-season. Literally giving interviews "What if Trae gets hurt working out and he hasn't gotten his money and signed his deal w the Bengals yet"... and then he immediately gets injured the first time he picks up a weight at PBS?!.... for all of time? He's either soft, a crook, or both. My chip is on BOTH.

I mostly agree with you, but no 2 peoples bodies are the same. Not to defend Trae but it's certainly in the cards that Adeniji's body healed quicker and better. Or even Trae could have somehow rehurt himself while trying to rehab.

I will say the silence from teammates and staff is pretty deafening though.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 03:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He was injured.

That does not make him a POS or a freeloader.

And there is no comparison between Simmons, who was trashed by his teammates and refused to practice even after he was physically cleared, to Waynes.

This is just ridiculous.

No one on the team has said they're sad he's gone or that they would want him back which speaks just as loudly. Maybe this team has higher standards than to actively trash a teammate but we've seen them go to bat for Ogunjobi, Bates, the love they've given CJ and others. Nothing about Wayne's. 

Given his quotes it seems pretty obvious he made his life changing money, knew he had to do nothing more, and didn't care to do anything more. When you're in a locker room you can tell who's there for the free ride and who's there because they want to be. Seems pretty obvious which he was based on how the players are reacting, or not reacting. 
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 12:28 AM)TheFan Wrote: No one on the team has said they're sad he's gone or that they would want him back which speaks just as loudly. Maybe this team has higher standards than to actively trash a teammate but we've seen them go to bat for Ogenjobi, Bates, the love they've given CJ and others. Nothing about Wayne's. 

Given his quotes it seems pretty obvious he made his life changing money, knew he had to do nothing more, and didn't care to do anything more. When you're in a locker room you can tell who's there for the free ride and who's there because they want to be. Seems pretty obvious which he was based on how the players are reacting, or not reacting. 

I read that as Ogbuehi and was wondering who and why they were going to bat for him,
Reply/Quote

okay?

Again, my point is that a bad player calling another player bad is always funny to me.

Not sure what that has to do with your statement here?

Be different if Adam Thielen had said something about him. If John Ross called any CB on the Bengals roster bad, we'd have all laughed at the statement no matter how right he was.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 12:28 AM)TheFan Wrote: No one on the team has said they're sad he's gone or that they would want him back which speaks just as loudly. Maybe this team has higher standards than to actively trash a teammate but we've seen them go to bat for Ogunjobi, Bates, the love they've given CJ and others. Nothing about Wayne's. 

They never said anything about Waynes cuz the mfer never played and wasn't really part of the team lol.. Even when they would show the bench at games, you would see Waynes all alone with his stupid fishing, bucket hat on...
Reply/Quote
I cant blame him. Football is a tough sport to play and especially come back from hamstring injuries from. To play DB you cant have SHIT wrong with your legs or feet because these top end WRS are going to test every muscle fiber you have. DBs prime is never that long. This is why alot of ppl call Charles Woodsen the greatest DB of all time. He managed to be good for damn near his whole career at CB and safety which means he had to be smart as hell cause im sure he lost his speed years before he retired.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 03:30 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: I have no ill feelings towards Trae because it never even felt like he was on our team.  Also, it helps that literally all our other FA signings were homeruns.

This, and I feel he is (in a strange way) partly responsible for Apple's resurgence and the recent focus on depth in the secondary. 
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 07:26 PM)PDub80 Wrote: You know who NEVER got mentioned as working their ass off to come back to play? You know who NEVER got any mention at all? Trae "Ben Simmons the 2nd" Waynes. NEVER. Dude is a bum who got paid and sat on his ass. No difference between Waynes and Cordy Glen or Ben Simmons, IMO.

(06-20-2022, 08:14 PM)PDub80 Wrote: It's not just me saying it... Silence speaks volumes.

You are just making this up in your head.  They said the same thing about Waynes as they say about pretty much every injured Bengal

Bengals cornerback Trae Waynes is 100 percent and ready for the 2021 season

Bengals rehab director and Indiana native Nick Cosgray is a fan: "Trae's great to work with in there. Very business-like."

"He's a professional in every sense of the word," Bengals cornerback coach Steven Jackson says.

(06-21-2022, 12:28 AM)TheFan Wrote: No one on the team has said they're sad he's gone or that they would want him back which speaks just as loudly. 

Again you are just projecting.  There are lots of Bengals who have left without any comments from other Bengals.  That means absolutely nothing.

Some fans got frustrated at Trae for getting injured and just made up a bunch of stuff in their heads.  Not one single Bengal player or coach has said a single bad thing about Waynes.  You can't just make stuff up and claim it is true. 
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 09:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote:  You can't just make stuff up and claim it is true. 

Others are trying to be professional in their comments. Fans don't care what you or anyone else thinks. You can't prove the coaches and players don't think he's a loser also just because they didn't say it. You can't be a hardcore fan and accept mediocrity and enjoy having players around that suck. 

Reply/Quote
First off, I think Waynes probably pulled a fast one on the Bengals and tore his pec while working out away from the facility. But that's conjecture, I, nor anyone else, knows that for sure. Secondly, all injuries are not the same. You can't say look at so and so playing with a torn labrum or coming back from an ACL and use that to determine a cornerback with nagging recurring hamstring injuries can't get back. That argument is just stupid. Corner's have to run and they have to run fast and be able to burst. You can't do that with bad hamstrings. If he feels it' time to retire instead of severely hurting it and not being able to walk properly for the rest of his life, I don't know that I blame him for that, and it certainly does not make him a POS like some are tying to make him out to be. His contract did not work out, let it go at that.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 09:16 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Others are trying to be professional in their comments. Fans don't care what you or anyone else thinks. You can't prove the coaches and players don't think he's a loser also just because they didn't say it. You can't be a hardcore fan and accept mediocrity and enjoy having players around that suck. 

Can you prove they do?
Reply/Quote