Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Training Camp
1 month from today, Saturday, July 23rd, rookies report. Veterans report on Tuesday, July 26th. Saturday, July 30th is family weekend so there will be fan activities scheduled. No other open practice dates have been announced yet. Last season I believe there was 6 open practice. The bridge, of course, is always open. No update, as of now, of whether the practice bubble will be ready for training camp

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I'm going to try and make it down for a practice in the stadium (and a few on the practice fields) just because then I get to go down to the tunnel when they come off the field and get more personal interaction.

I LOVE that it's getting close and that I'll get to meet Burrow, Chase, and all the other players!

Can't wait to see some fierce battles in camp for guys trying to earn their playing time!
Reply/Quote
Gonna be fun to watch the battles at LG and at 3-tech on Defense behind BJ Hill.

Jackson Carman and Cordell Volson for LG and Zach Carter and Cam Sample at 3-tech. Have a feeling the coaches
really like the upside of all these guys. I know I do with Carman and Volson, Carman if the back injury is behind him
and Volson if he can transition to the NFL quickly coming from a small college.

Also both Carter and Sample played on the edge a lot in college so they will have to make a transition to DT. Both
have the body make up for it and the raw talent.
Reply/Quote
Can't wait for season to start.

Big things on the horizon!
HORRORMOVIETALK.COM --- HORRORSOCIETY.COM --- NIGHTCHANNELS.COM
DUSTIN GOEBEL ARTWORK @ PINTEREST --- DARK ART @ MACABRE GALLERY

[Image: imageedit-5-9954707407.gif]
Support your favorite artists, independent filmmakers and movie review podcasters

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 05:43 PM)JUDAS MESIAS Wrote: Can't wait for season to start.

Big things on the horizon!

Dude, you're scaring the shit out of me. Nervous
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not hating on the guy, I hope he does nothing but come in and dominate, but I don't get the whole Volson is going to take Carman's spot thing. He's making a huge jump from the size college ball he played to playing in the NFL. I've never seen him play, but unless he's something really special, I expect him to struggle his first year. On the flip side of that, Carman is more removed from his injury, and is going back to the left side of the line where he's more comfortable. I expect him to take big strides this year. Of course, expectations are just that, expectations. What is it about Volson that has everyone so hyped about him?
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 08:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not hating on the guy, I hope he does nothing but come in and dominate, but I don't get the whole Volson is going to take Carman's spot thing. He's making a huge jump from the size college ball he played to playing in the NFL. I've never seen him play, but unless he's something really special, I expect him to struggle his first year. On the flip side of that, Carman is more removed from his injury, and is going back to the left side of the line where he's more comfortable. I expect him to take big strides this year. Of course, expectations are just that, expectations. What is it about Volson that has everyone so hyped about him?
I think Volson has a better work ethic than Carmen 
Volson learned at a early age about having a really
Strong work ethic .
He grew up in North Dakota. Worked on farm , sun
Up to Sundown. He couldn't afford to take a day off
Volson had to fight doubters to get to this level 
He didn't get any D-1 offers.
So let's  not sell short those intangiables he brings 
To the position 
Didn't Carmen come in complacent and overweight 
As a rookie ? 
His effort wasn't consistant and I think Pollack 
Made light of that 
Volson going come in and compete and grind 
No sense of entitlement cause he came from big time program 
Some of the best players in Bengals history came from Under the radar schools

Ken Anderson Augustana College 
Lamar Parrish Linwood
Chad Johnson  Oregon State (not exactly a powerhouse )
Issac Curtis San Diego State 
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 10:02 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I think Volson has a better work ethic than Carmen 
Strong work ethic .
To the position 
As a rookie ? 
Made light of that 

Lamar Parrish Linwood

Wouldnt Pollack have been the one to ask for Carmen?  or do we not listen to the OL coach lol
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 10:02 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I think Volson has a better work ethic than Carmen 
Strong work ethic .
To the position 
As a rookie ? 
Made light of that 

Lamar Parrish Linwood

Maybe if Volson had worked harder in high school he would have gotten to go to a better college like Carman did.
Reply/Quote
Strong work ethic .

To the position 
As a rookie ? 
Made light of that 

Lamar Parrish Linwood

Dude worked on a farm. He will be an all pro in the NFL...book it. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 08:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not hating on the guy, I hope he does nothing but come in and dominate, but I don't get the whole Volson is going to take Carman's spot thing.

I speculate us fans are putting the idea out there because he fits the glass-eater OL image. It's clear he's getting to compete for a spot, so I suppose it is possible.
Reply/Quote
Definitely lots of intriguing things to watch. Along with some of the other mentions, I'm excited to see how CTB's confidence measures with his play.
Reply/Quote
Genetics is the biggest difference. Growing up on a farm is no guarantee of anything except worrying about the weather.. I grew up in farm country. Most of the kids I knew were even lazier than I was..  Ninja
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Gonna be a long 4 weeks.
I've resorted to P&R forum since there's nothing exciting going on.
Probably a bad decision on my part Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 08:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not hating on the guy, I hope he does nothing but come in and dominate, but I don't get the whole Volson is going to take Carman's spot thing. He's making a huge jump from the size college ball he played to playing in the NFL. I've never seen him play, but unless he's something really special, I expect him to struggle his first year. On the flip side of that, Carman is more removed from his injury, and is going back to the left side of the line where he's more comfortable. I expect him to take big strides this year. Of course, expectations are just that, expectations. What is it about Volson that has everyone so hyped about him?

Volson's tape is fabulous. Sure he is dominating inferior players but he played all the positions on the line pretty much but
he has great feet, hands, athleticism, power and smarts. Can handle stunts no problem, speed doesn't seem to bother him 
like it does Carman. Power doesn't bother him either.

I am with you on Carman being the starter and playing well but Volson WILL push him I am almost sure of it. Love his work
ethic as Impactplaya said. He exudes effort when watching him work. Might be my favorite pick of the Draft and I absolutely
love our first 2 picks.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 02:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:  speed doesn't seem to bother him like it does Carman. Power doesn't bother him either.

Volson has never in his life faced defenders as strong and fast as Carman did at Clemson on a regular basis.  And nothing even close to NFL talent

It is just impossible to make statements like this until we see Volson play against top competition.  Who is the best player he has ever attempted to block?
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 02:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Volson has never in his life faced defenders as strong and fast as Carman did at Clemson on a regular basis.  And nothing even close to NFL talent

It is just impossible to make statements like this until we see Volson play against top competition.  Who is the best player he has ever attempted to block?

Great point, very true and I don't even know who the best player is that Volson has attempted to block...

It will take a lot of work for Volson to block these freaks the NFL has now a days cause yeah, Carman has blocked some of the best
and went against top competition in college and in the NFL and dominated at times. You honestly got me here Fred, reps.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 02:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Volson has never in his life faced defenders as strong and fast as Carman did at Clemson on a regular basis.  And nothing even close to NFL talent

There is a amount of truth in your response.
But just because you don't face " upper echelon " or " elite NFL ready " talent 
In college doesnt mean you can't achieve success in the NFL.
How many NFL ready CBers did Jerry Rice, or Randy Moss face ?
Peter Warrick was running past top level competition at FSU.
How did his career pan out?
-heck the Bengals just signed a highly coveted  OG from Humboldt State 
In FA this year. 
Many successful NFL players from the past have came from small colleges 
And many that came from big elite schools have failed 
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 09:54 PM)impactplaya Wrote: There is a amount of truth in your response.
In FA this year. 

All of That is 100% correct.

Doesn't change the fact that we can't say Volson does not have problems with "strength" or "speed" when he has never faced any players with elite strength or speed.

I have nothing against Volson.  Like everyone else I love to see the guys from small college get their chance.  And once they get on an NFL practice field no one cares where they went to college.  Plenty of guys from small schools have made it big in the NFL.  If Volson is better than Carman he will play.  The only reason the coaches started Jackson last year was because Su'a-filo got injured.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 09:54 PM)impactplaya Wrote: There is a amount of truth in your response.
In FA this year. 

All true, nice post Impactplaya. Cool
Reply/Quote