Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates
(08-18-2019, 01:30 AM)Joelist Wrote: I think it's time we all stopped living in the past. We have a completely new staff and new systems on both sides of the ball plus a new head coach means a new tone for the team. Let's see how ZT does this before passing any judgment - so far in the first two games he seems much better than what we have had in the recent past.

Don't go mucking up the thread with common sense. Why are you hating on the haters?

Reported.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 02:08 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Don't go mucking up the thread with common sense. Why are you hating on the haters?

Reported.

What is the annual prize for biggest Bengals homer? Wendy’s coupons?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 02:51 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What is the annual prize for biggest Bengals homer? Wendy’s coupons?

Granted, it's not as prestigious as biggest whiner since there are soooo many whiners to choose from.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 03:23 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Granted, it's not as prestigious as biggest whiner since there are soooo many whiners to choose from.

5 total playoff wins in 50+ years will tend to do that.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 11:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did you really just compare Ross’ situation with two of the best WRs in the league?

My post had zero do with talent. He had to do with other teams QB's and receivers don't get the work in and overcome it. In reality, AD and Ross have a slight time advantage working together for 2 years while AB + Carr and Bechham and Mayfield have zero time together working on routes as of now. That was point.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 01:58 AM)Joelist Wrote: The penalties are worrisome yes. But the reaction to them has been utterly unlike what we used to see. Add in that we are actually seeing specific issues called out by ZT then seeing them acted on (like him calling out the defense for lack of aggressiveness and the next outing the defense was not tentative anymore).

This is what a good HC does, holds his team accountable and the results are they respond.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 08:49 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My post had zero do with talent. He had to do with other teams QB's and receivers don't get the work in and overcome it. In reality, AD and Ross have a slight time advantage working together for 2 years while AB + Carr and Bechham and Mayfield have zero time together working on routes as of now. That was point.

And again, they were bad examples. World class players don’t need as many reps as a guy like John Ross. They’re not going to come in and struggle, I guarantee you that.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 04:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And again, they were bad examples. World class players don’t need as many reps as a guy like John Ross. They’re not going to come in and struggle, I guarantee you that.

Guarantee?

So you are saying week #1 Beckham and AB tear it up as the do normally? I will take that bet and since you guarantee it, I should get 10 to 1 odds.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 02:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is what a good HC does, holds his team accountable and the results are they respond.

I would say the latest presser was very interesting (really none of the ones under the prior regime were). ZT broke down the Skins game in some detail, showing they are actually tracking on a per play basis how many players did their assignment correctly, how many did not and so on. He cited numbers showing that the skins game showed they radically improved on doing the plays correctly. 

He then addressed the penalties and again it was not general platitudes. He noted that holding calls this preseason have skyrocketed across the league and then also stated what the Bengals need to do to cut it down (specifically he said they need to keep their hands inside the framework of the defender). 

All in all nice presser. So far it is refreshing not to get giggles and vague statements. 
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 04:46 PM)Joelist Wrote: I would say the latest presser was very interesting (really none of the ones under the prior regime were). ZT broke down the Skins game in some detail, showing they are actually tracking on a per play basis how many players did their assignment correctly, how many did not and so on. He cited numbers showing that the skins game showed they radically improved on doing the plays correctly. 

He then addressed the penalties and again it was not general platitudes. He noted that holding calls this preseason have skyrocketed across the league and then also stated what the Bengals need to do to cut it down (specifically he said they need to keep their hands inside the framework of the defender). 

All in all nice presser. So far it is refreshing not to get giggles and vague statements. 

I have no idea if it will translate, but I actually look forward to his pressers because they provide decent incite and not condescending remarks like the previous HC at least later. But also games dont count yet, so a little less pressure and aggravation. 
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 04:46 PM)Joelist Wrote: I would say the latest presser was very interesting (really none of the ones under the prior regime were). ZT broke down the Skins game in some detail, showing they are actually tracking on a per play basis how many players did their assignment correctly, how many did not and so on. He cited numbers showing that the skins game showed they radically improved on doing the plays correctly. 

Awesome, going to have to check it out. Thanks Joelist.

Liking our new HC. He is going about things the right way IMO.
Reply/Quote
I tuned out Marvin 20-30 seconds into his third press conference and never watched another one.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 05:40 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I tuned out Marvin 20-30 seconds into his third press conference and never watched another one.

Kinda (and by kind I mean really) off top, but your radio station ain't half bad. Decided to dive it a whirl a lil bit ago.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 04:42 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Guarantee?

So you are saying week #1 Beckham and AB tear it up as the do normally? I will take that bet and since you guarantee it, I should get 10 to 1 odds.

Did I say tear it up? I said they wouldn’t come in and struggle due to lack of reps. Which is what most of us are fearing will happen with Ross.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 07:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did I say tear it up? I said they wouldn’t come in and struggle due to lack of reps. Which is what most of us are fearing will happen with Ross.

This thread is about news and notes pertaining to Bengals training camp.  Why would you even bother to bog it down with blather about players from other teams??

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 07:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did I say tear it up? I said they wouldn’t come in and struggle due to lack of reps. Which is what most of us are fearing will happen with Ross.

This thread is about news and notes pertaining to Bengals training camp.  Why would you even bother to bog it down with blather about players from other teams??

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
https://www.bengals.com/news/taylor-transcript-defense-and-special-teams-stepped-up

Getting actual details is nice.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 07:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This thread is about news and notes pertaining to Bengals training camp.  Why would you even bother to bog it down with blather about players from other teams??

Ask the guy who first brought up AB and OBJ.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 07:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ask the guy who first brought up AB and OBJ.

Nah, I've reviewed the chain of posts.  Someone else casually mentioned those guys as examples, you chose to compare them and continue to use them as examples in your posts.  Sorry dude..  Let's refocus this thread on Bengal players.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 07:15 PM)jason Wrote: Kinda (and by kind I mean really) off top, but your radio station ain't half bad. Decided to dive it a whirl a lil bit ago.

Thank you very much and please share the link. We have plans to stream more stations, this one is just a template of all of the styles we want to feature as their own station. We are currently working on a Country station that's going to be 100% recorded off of vinyl records and have an old school Heavy Metal/Thrash Metal station lined up and ready to go but we want to do the all vinyl Country station first.

Back on topic. Go Bangles! . . . um . .  er . . . Go Bengals!
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote