Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Training Camp Roster Moves
Collins on the NFI list is a bit of a surprise. No idea why. But, since he doesn't have to officially report until the 26th whatever is going on is not a surprise to the team. Cappa is still dealing with the core injury he got in OTAs. Bachie was expected to go on the list and was (before the surprise Collins addition) the only one expected to spend any real time on the list.

Before anyone panics, these aren't unusual moves heading into camp. Players can be, and often are, off the list within a couple day.

edit: hange Collins from PUP to NFI list

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
No sure that it matters but LC is not on the PUP, he's on the NFI. I assume that means he got hurt doing other than football
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Will Khalid Kareem ever be healthy?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Collins has been injured through his career. I don't expect him to become Mr. Durable. But, lots of guys get injured.

Don't know much about Cappa.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2022, 05:40 PM)Synric Wrote: Will Khalid Kareem ever be healthy?

not likely..its a recurring theme yr after yr
is there trade value?  we are loaded with players now at DE, so even a  6th rounder may be good at this point
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2022, 11:06 AM)kalibengal Wrote: not likely..its a recurring theme yr after yr
is there trade value?  we are loaded with players now at DE, so even a  6th rounder may be good at this point

Kareem is going to be in competition for that last DL spot, IMO.

Bengals already probably have the following spots locked up, barring injury:
- Hendrickson
- Hubbard
- Ossai
- Sample
- Reader
- Hill
- Carter
- Tupou/Shelvin (NT2 spot)

Kareem will be in competition with Hubert, Gunter, Spence, and Tisdale for that last spot.
I don't think Kareem offers enough juice as a pass rusher to get that spot, personally.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
cappas injury was supposed to be no big deal and here we are still injured. and what the heck is with collins. didn't like that move at all cause i don't trust him and neither did the cowboys.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2022, 01:15 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: cappas injury was supposed to be no big deal and here we are still injured. and what the heck is with collins. didn't like that move at all cause i don't trust him and neither did the cowboys.

Veterans haven't even reported yet.  This is likely just precautionary.  He has to pass his physical and conditioning test as well as be cleared by the rehab team on after reporting on Tuesday.  It might take a couple of days to get everything cleared.  I wouldn't get to freaked out about this move at this point

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2022, 01:19 PM)pally Wrote: Veterans haven't even reported yet.  This is likely just precautionary.  He has to pass his physical and conditioning test as well as be cleared by the rehab team on after reporting on Tuesday.  It might take a couple of days to get everything cleared.  I wouldn't get to freaked out about this move at this point

cappa or collins?
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2022, 05:26 PM)pally Wrote: Collins on the NFI list is a bit of a surprise.  No idea why. But, since he doesn't have to officially report until the 26th whatever is going on is not a surprise to the team. Cappa is still dealing with the core injury he got in OTAs.  Bachie was expected to go on the list and was (before the surprise Collins addition) the only one expected to spend any real time on the list.

Before anyone panics, these aren't unusual moves heading into camp.  Players can be, and often are, off the list within a couple day.

edit: hange Collins from PUP to NFI list

I know a lot of fans think this is all bad news. But doesn't it mean the Bengals now have 5 open roster spots they can fill if they desire for camp?

If so, 5 more guys to compete for roster or practice squad.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Players who are likely next man up if a starter goes down (assuming Carman is starter at LG):
LT - D'Ante Smith
LG - Cordell Volson/Hakeem Adeniji
C - Trey Hill/Ben Brown
RG - Volson/Adeniji
RT - Isaiah Prince

Scary thought.
Please no multi-game absences for any starters.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2022, 01:34 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know a lot of fans think this is all bad news. But doesn't it mean the Bengals now have 5 open roster spots they can fill if they desire for camp?

If so, 5 more guys to compete for roster or practice squad.

For training camp purposes, the team can have 90 CONTRACTED players on the roster regardless of over all roster designation. The only designation that will open up a spot prior to the season starting roster of 53 is injured reserve. The Bengals currently have 2 open spots.  One of those spots is, of course, being held for Jessie Bates

Reply/Quote
i just hope cappas injury isn't another eifert will be back soon type of thing. we need him healthy.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2022, 01:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Players who are likely next man up if a starter goes down (assuming Carman is starter at LG):
LT - D'Ante Smith
LG - Cordell Volson/Hakeem Adeniji
C - Trey Hill/Ben Brown
RG - Volson/Adeniji
RT - Isaiah Prince

Scary thought.
Please no multi-game absences for any starters.

Carman starting is a scary thought. Our line should be much improved though. Still though, injuries could hurt that.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2022, 02:11 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: i just hope cappas injury isn't another eifert will be back soon type of thing. we need him healthy.

As was said in another thread.  This a precautionary move prior to Cappa reporting to camp on Tues. He will, like the other 4 players on PUP/NFI lists. will have to pass their physicals and conditioning tests. Then they will have to be cleared by the rehab team.  Cappa was actively rehabbing during OTAs which is the final step before being cleared from any injury.  There is nothing to indicate that this will be a long term injury

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't get to freaked out by this stuff just yet.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2022, 04:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I wouldn't get to freaked out by this stuff just yet.

Welcome aboard, n00b. 

I remember my first post on a Bengals msg board. Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2022, 07:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Welcome aboard, n00b. 

I remember my first post on a Bengals msg board. Ninja

Thanks 

What I meant to say was Panic Freakout
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2022, 03:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Carman starting is a scary thought. Our line should be much improved though. Still though, injuries could hurt that.

I'm less scared about Carman starting than Adeniji or a 4th round rookie.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Collins is dealing with a back issue. Zac expects Cappa back before Collins. They will be 'managing: the vets over camp to minimize wear and tear

Reply/Quote