Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Training Camp Roster Moves
(07-25-2022, 01:10 PM)pally Wrote: Collins is dealing with a back issue.  Zac expects Cappa back before Collins.  They will be 'managing: the vets over camp to minimize wear and tear

He doesnt seem overly concerned with either guy long term. it's refreshing that generally Taylor is more honest about players and Injuries than Marvin was. Only player I recall him lying about was AJ Green
Reply/Quote
Cappa had surgery on his core injury. Recovery time from a sports hernia is generally 3-8 weeks depending on severity. He is right at the 8 week mark for the injury...could be a couple more weeks depending on the actual surgery day

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2022, 02:08 PM)pally Wrote: For training camp purposes, the team can have 90 CONTRACTED players on the roster regardless of over all roster designation. The only designation that will open up a spot prior to the season starting roster of 53 is injured reserve. The Bengals currently have 2 open spots.  One of those spots is, of course, being held for Jessie Bates

TY, it appears you are right about the PUP guys, but non football injury (Collins) seems to remove him from the active roster. Spotrac says we have 87 guys with Collins now on the active roster,
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 01:19 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He doesnt seem overly concerned with either guy long term. it's refreshing that generally Taylor is more honest about players and Injuries than Marvin was. Only player I recall him lying about was AJ Green

I would not call it "lying".  Sometimes coaches actually do not know when a player will be ready.  And sometimes a player just is not ready when the coach was told he would be.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 02:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I would not call it "lying".  Sometimes coaches actually do not know when a player will be ready.  And sometimes a player just is not ready when the coach was told he would be.

2 weeks after AJ's injury to open training camp said he was cautiously optimistic AJ would be ready in week 1. AJ wound up missing entire season that was a lie.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 02:40 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 2 weeks after AJ's injury to open training camp said he was cautiously optimistic AJ would be ready in week 1. AJ wound up missing entire season that was a lie.

it is only a lie if he knew AJ wouldn't be ready when he thought he should.  If I recall correctly, back then, many thought it was AJ who was lying about the extent of pain he was still having in the ankle through out the season

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 02:40 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 2 weeks after AJ's injury to open training camp said he was cautiously optimistic AJ would be ready in week 1. AJ wound up missing entire season that was a lie.

If that is what the medical staff told him then it was not a lie at all.
Reply/Quote
The sky has fallen and it can't get up. Season over. Oh well..High draft pick next year..  Ninja
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
and they add 3 free agents, all on defense, to bring the roster up to 90

Davis is out of UNC Pembrooke, most recently played for the Houston Gamblers of the USFL
Johnson played for GA Southern was an UDFA on the roster of the Giants last season
Scales was on our PS last Dec and was poached by the Steelers in Jan then ultimately released. He also signed to play with the Gamblers. This is his 11th contract (USFL, XFL, CFL, and NFL) since 2018

Reply/Quote
Raymond Johnson is interesting he is another DE/DT Tweener type the Bengals have been collecting the last couple of years.

Guy from SI did a decent breakdown of Johnson's game vs Browns in the Pre-Season last year.
https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/big-blue-plus/raymond-johnson-iii-the-good-the-great-and-the-ugly

Johnson made the Giants roster but only picked up around 150 snaps and didnt do much. I just find it interesting the type of defensive linemen they have been adding since Marion Hobby took over as DL Coach.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote