Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Training Camp initial injury list.
(07-26-2021, 02:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Reading is fundamental...... tore his pectoral this "OFF SEASON"  How in the heck do you put that on the training staff?

Sled still after all this time, following me around every thread to try to take shots. Lame. But carry on. I'll always speak my opinion like it or not. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 08:34 PM)Whatever Wrote: A lot of folks assumed Trey would be PUP'd with the Reiter news.  I wonder if they are looking to move Trey to LG.  

"Is it possible move Trey to punter and the 5th round new punter to offensive center?"

-Mike Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2021, 04:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: Sled still after all this time, following me around every thread to try to take shots. Lame. But carry on. I'll always speak my opinion like it or not. 

Not following you around at all, but your blatant inaccuracies cry response.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2021, 01:49 PM)jj22 Wrote: This falls squarely on the training staff. These shouldn't happen as frequently as they have.

It clears a spot on the line though as it would have been tough for him to make it, and you want to see all draft picks get a shot.

(07-26-2021, 01:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I tried to question the training and conditioning staff last season and largely got scoffed at.

At some point you have to reevaluate what you're doing and how you're doing it. Maybe change/increase the stretching and flexibility regimen or something? Shouldn't have this many guys go down with torn pecs before the season even starts.

If you look at case studies from various sources, you'll see the amount of pec injuries around the NFL is growing at an exponential rate.  It's a league wide issue, not just a team issue.

A big issue is that a lot of athletes are training at various training centers for "elite athletes"  in the off-season and most of the trainers at those places are the people that couldn't get hired on in an NFL or major college strength and conditioning program.  Wayne's, for example, hadn't even signed his contract yet.  
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 05:56 PM)pally Wrote:
Great news Pally thanks!
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 05:56 PM)pally Wrote:

Good to see that Renell Wren will be healthy and ready for training camp. Wren was going g to have a role in the defense last year but that injury killed his sophomore year. Hopefully he is one of those guys that blows up training camp.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2021, 12:58 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I thought caca was shit & pooka was injured/gimpy?

I remember a really old silly movie about caveman times featuring a very young Dennis Quaid, Ringo Starr (!) as the main character, and Shelly Long as well.  

"Pookah" was there caveman word for shit.  And they usually said it holding their nose and waving their arms.  I can't stop seeing that image every time I hear this kids name.  

Obviously, his parents never saw the movie. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I was just reading the other article on how the defense is finally healthy. It mentions that Waynes was injured in the weight room last year, and hints at our team being strung by bad luck.

It seems like we've had a lot of weight room injuries the past couple years.

That tells me that the guys are pushing themselves to get stronger--which is good.

But with all the torn pecs, Waynes 'weight room injury', etc. Is this a problem of our training staff not doing a good enough job watching out for guys? Are we short-staffed in this regard? What gives?
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 07:40 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I was just reading the other article on how the defense is finally healthy. It mentions that Waynes was injured in the weight room last year, and hints at our team being strung by bad luck.

It seems like we've had a lot of weight room injuries the past couple years.

That tells me that the guys are pushing themselves to get stronger--which is good.

But with all the torn pecs, Waynes 'weight room injury', etc. Is this a problem of our training staff not doing a good enough job watching out for guys? Are we short-staffed in this regard? What gives?

They've all been off-season, not under team supervision.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 07:46 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: They've all been off-season, not under team supervision.

Huh.. Do they not go into the team facility to lift weights in the offseason? They all got injured at home or at the gym?

Like I said, it's good that guys are pushing themselves. I'm just wondering if maybe they need better guidance. Sports medicine, spotters, etc.

But maybe it's not anyone's fault.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 07:53 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Huh.. Do they not go into the team facility to lift weights in the offseason? They all got injured at home or at the gym?

Like I said, it's good that guys are pushing themselves. I'm just wondering if maybe they need better guidance. Sports medicine, spotters, etc.

Mhm, its NFI, which means its outside of team-related activities.

I think it's just guys pushing too hard; again, not their fault, just working too much.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 01:53 PM)Synric Wrote:

Biggest note is the absence of Trey Hopkins name on the PUP list considering they are bringing in Austin Reiter. Hopkins was pushing sleds back in OTAs.

Hopefully the defensive linemen Wren, Sample, and Hubert come of the lists after the first week.

What is wrong with Cam Sample? Don't like the thought of not having him or Hubert as depth at End...
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 07:53 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Huh.. Do they not go into the team facility to lift weights in the offseason? They all got injured at home or at the gym?

They do not use team facilities in the off season except for rehab. A lot of them don't even live in the city they play in. They go to private gyms.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 09:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What is wrong with Cam Sample? Don't like the thought of not having him or Hubert as depth at End...

Cam Sample has a hamstring issue.  Its day to day for him

Reply/Quote
I think OTAs should be spent old school. Break out Mikeys VCR and do the Jane Fonda stretching workouts. Then when they tire out hit them with some Richard Simmons.
Reply/Quote
The problem is that the players are just too excited and motivated by Taylor. He has them all pushing so hard they are injuring themselves in the weight room.

Zac is just TOO INSPIRING.
Reply/Quote
You may be right.  God, I bet that movie would be hilarious to watch now.  
Reply/Quote
Larry Ogunjobi has opened camp on the active/PUP list. Hopefully, it is something that will be resolved quickly

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 11:48 AM)pally Wrote: Larry Ogunjobi has opened camp on the active/PUP list.  Hopefully, it is something that will be resolved quickly

The Bengals really need the Defensive Line to get healthy because it's probably the biggest question mark on the entire roster. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote