Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc
(08-14-2018, 10:24 PM)bonesaw Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/video/training-camp-report-august-14-2018

Lap was saying some pretty heavy things about Redmond.  Rare breed, as good as anybody in the league at drive blocking, moves people against their will, etc.

It's a damn shame he doesn't seem to be able to pass block.....
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2018, 03:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Keep showing up Brad my friend...

I don't believe in coincidences.

Yes and talk to Pollack if you can Brad and give him a thought about putting Westerman at LG.

Boling at LT, Redmond at RG and big ole bulldozer Glenn at RT....

This would be imposing, very...

I'd lean to keeping Glenn at LT but... your thing should get a look. i'd give Ced Og a look at G.  Bolling might end up the guy at RT, but for now, EVERY combo ought to be looked at.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 10:24 PM)bonesaw Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/video/training-camp-report-august-14-2018

Lap was saying some pretty heavy things about Redmond.  Rare breed, as good as anybody in the league at drive blocking, moves people against their will, etc.

That is fantastic to learn.  Natural aggression, and the desire to move people against their will are things that just can't be taught.

(08-15-2018, 08:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's a damn shame he doesn't seem to be able to pass block.....

I wouldn't worry about that.  Pass blocking is technique that can be taught and perfected, the aggression and physicality associated with being a good run blocker cannot be taught.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2018, 03:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Keep showing up Brad my friend...

Yes and talk to Pollack if you can Brad and give him a thought about putting Westerman at LG.

well maybe try it in practice a few times but sometimes these guys don't switch from the left to right side very well.... 
Reply/Quote
Something interesting from the first preseason game...Dunlap and Johnson seemed to be switching back and forth between RDE and LDE. Something to watch for against the Cowgirls.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 08:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's a damn shame he doesn't seem to be able to pass block.....

He whiffed on one pass blocking assignment, but stayed with his guy and drove him past Andy.  Now, granted, that was against a #2, and Hopkins was against the #1s, but Hopkins got Dalton smoked on his TD pass, and he also was the reason a lot of the rushing attempts were duds. 

Redmond would hold his ground and FINISHED GUYS.  Redmond or Westerman has to be the RG.  Hopkins can't be the starter.  
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2018, 12:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Price struggles with snaps, then a cripple shows up at practice, tells Price that the team needs him to anchor the line and be the leader, tells him how he always wanted to play at Ohio State before the wreck, makes him smile and laugh, gets a selfie, and then Price's snap issues are all the sudden cured...........  coincidence?!

I think not and thanks brother, I can sleep better already.  You missed your calling as the OL Whisperer. 

Yet as Sunset suggested the right side of OL could use some whispering in the ear as well.

Thanks again on Price but now it is time to roll up those sleeves and really get to work on right side. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 11:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He whiffed on one pass blocking assignment, but stayed with his guy and drove him past Andy.  Now, granted, that was against a #2, and Hopkins was against the #1s, but Hopkins got Dalton smoked on his TD pass, and he also was the reason a lot of the rushing attempts were duds. 

Redmond would hold his ground and FINISHED GUYS.  Redmond or Westerman has to be the RG.  Hopkins can't be the starter.  

I don't disagree... I wish Redmond and Westerman all the luck in the world winning the spot, and I don't really care which,  but they can't be a turnstyle when Andy drops back to pass...
Reply/Quote

Like it but do not see Glenn agreeing and putting his whole heart into this move. 

LT's certainly get bigger raises than RT's. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

If you use the run to set up the pass like believe Bengals will this year. Then this will not be a huge issue except on third and long. 

Yet believe he will get better at pass pro. Hopefully that is.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 11:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He whiffed on one pass blocking assignment, but stayed with his guy and drove him past Andy.  Now, granted, that was against a #2, and Hopkins was against the #1s, but Hopkins got Dalton smoked on his TD pass, and he also was the reason a lot of the rushing attempts were duds. 

I'm rewatching the game right now on the NFL network and all 4 guards played well. Price had a couple run blocking whiffs early and of course as the game is continuing Fisher and OghuehI both look turrible along with TJ Johnson.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 10:24 AM)redwood Wrote: I'd lean to keeping Glenn at LT but... your thing should get a look. i'd give Ced Og a look at G.  Bolling might end up the guy at RT, but for now, EVERY combo ought to be looked at.

Og cannot play Guard man, he is just too tall and weak.

Boling moving to RT might be the best way to go now that i think about it.

Dude is just so versatile and a good run blocker.

(08-15-2018, 10:51 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: well maybe try it in practice a few times but sometimes these guys don't switch from the left to right side very well.... 

Good point but Boling might be able to make the move...

(08-15-2018, 11:23 AM)Synric Wrote: Something interesting from the first preseason game...Dunlap and Johnson seemed to be switching back and forth between RDE and LDE. Something to watch for against the Cowgirls.

Good, always wanted to see what Dunlap could do on the QB's blindside.

(08-15-2018, 11:50 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Like it but do not see Glenn agreeing and putting his whole heart into this move. 

LT's certainly get bigger raises than RT's. 

Probably correct on that maybe Boling at RT.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2018, 11:53 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Dalton has a chance to move up to an elite level, but he's come up short consistently when compared to elite QBs of his era.

Yes it possible. Not a lot of things have to change in our current position to make this take place. Yes he has to get over the playoff hump of course, but he has lethal targets and an OL that will improve. Also hard to argue he has better coaching. Yet, even if they improve and get back to 2015 or better, there is always 1 thing that is certain:

[Image: il_570xN.1302175794_lrn5.jpg]

Reply/Quote