Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trans-Agist
(12-15-2015, 04:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So this could in no way be a mental issue?

I would suggest seeking a professional assessment.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-15-2015, 12:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yup.   It's a mental problem.  Just as all the rest.

In regard to the bold... which had jack to do with the OP... I responded:

(12-15-2015, 12:52 PM)Benton Wrote: Female hysteria was also considered a mental disorder for a long time. Doesn't mean everyone needs to run around with dildos and jumper cables every time a woman acts a little moody.

Which prompted you to ask:

(12-15-2015, 02:45 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Does this have anything to do with the OP?

Or is this the ol' Deflection with some comedy routine so that we can downplay the actual problem?

This guy needs help in the worst way. He has a family of his own, he can't be off pretending that he's a little girl. His family has got to be confused and devastated by his actions.

I know it sounds mean, but a line needs to be drawn somewhere. We can't just keep catering to everyone's little whim.

So... no... Lucie's comment didn't. Thanks for pointing that out.

ThumbsUp

As far as the OP, I agree the guy needs help. It's an unfortunate situation when someone has a mental illness. And it's got jack to do with sexual identity disorders, but, you might be right that Lucie was only bringing up "all the rest" to deflect from the serious mental health issues we face in this country. Personally, I think it's one of the three worst problems our country has going on atm, and is a big part of the violence problem we have.

(12-15-2015, 03:36 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When you think you are something you are obviously not then yes there is a mental component.  

Female hysteria is not quite the same as actually believing you are the opposite sex and also a minor.

What you are and aren't is — generally — relative.

Feeling more comfortable identifying as a female is subjective; being a child again isn't, for what I hope are obvious reasons. If someone feels they possess more qualities of one sex than the other — or are attracted to the same sex more than the opposite — it doesn't automatically quantify them as having a mental disorder.

Mental illness is a serious problem in this country. I wish people wouldn't muddy the water with religious and personal beliefs.
(12-15-2015, 05:55 PM)Benton Wrote: Mental illness is a serious problem in this country. I wish people wouldn't muddy the water with religious and personal beliefs.

That part I can whole heartedly agree with.
Wait...

How is some guy that thinks he's a girl any different than the guy who thinks he's a 6 year old girl?
Is it because the guy who thinks he's a girl is socially accepted?

I'm not talking about homosexuality either, that's different in my opinion since a man or woman finds the same sex as attractive...I think that's all there is anyway.

I just don't see a difference yet, that's all. In my mind you can't say one is mental while the other isn't.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(12-15-2015, 07:27 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Wait...

How is some guy that thinks he's a girl any different than the guy who thinks he's a 6 year old girl?

I'm not talking about homosexuality either, that's different in my opinion since a man or woman finds the same sex as attractive...I think that's all there is anyway.

I just don't see a difference yet, that's all. In my mind you can't say one is mental while the other isn't.

It depends.

I've said before in other threads, I think a lot of it has to do with a person's biology, especially as they age, where they suddenly start to feel more in tune with being a member of the opposite sex. But that's just anecdotal as there's not a lot of reading on why there's a large number of men who after 40 suddenly switch sexual orientation or start to have gender identity issues.

What causes gender identity or homosexuality? Nobody knows for sure, but it might be different in every case, from nature to nurture to a mix. Which makes it impossible to lump all of it in as a mental disorder.
(12-15-2015, 12:52 PM)Benton Wrote: Female hysteria was also considered a mental disorder for a long time. Doesn't mean everyone needs to run around with dildos and jumper cables every time a woman acts a little moody.

[Image: old5_207_9.jpg]
(12-15-2015, 05:55 PM)Benton Wrote: In regard to the bold... which had jack to do with the OP... I responded:

Which prompted you to ask:

So... no... Lucie's comment didn't. Thanks for pointing that out.

ThumbsUp

As far as the OP, I agree the guy needs help. It's an unfortunate situation when someone has a mental illness. And it's got jack to do with sexual identity disorders, but, you might be right that Lucie was only bringing up "all the rest" to deflect from the serious mental health issues we face in this country. Personally, I think it's one of the three worst problems our country has going on atm, and is a big part of the violence problem we have.

What you are and aren't is — generally — relative.

Feeling more comfortable identifying as a female is subjective; being a child again isn't, for what I hope are obvious reasons. If someone feels they possess more qualities of one sex than the other — or are attracted to the same sex more than the opposite — it doesn't automatically quantify them as having a mental disorder.

Mental illness is a serious problem in this country. I wish people wouldn't muddy the water with religious and personal beliefs.

I have long advocated here for better mental health awareness in this country.  So no I don't take this as a joke.  

I do feel that some part of this gender identity stuff is mental however and that dismissing that is wrong.    So my all the rest comment was based on that and how we treat mental health cases.
(12-15-2015, 01:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is the problem I have with this article....

"Case-in-point: after society has been forced to deal with the difficulties imposed upon us by those who identify as another gender.  .  .  "

"However, “make-believe time” has passed and society should not be compelled to shoulder the burden of my desire to engulf myself in a pitiful delusion."

"Evidently they’re too busy persecuting those who seek to raise well-adjusted children instead of investigating the grown man in a dress playing with little girls and preaching grotesque delusion."

I just don't understand all the crying and playing victim?

What "difficulties" has society been required ro deal with because of transgender beliefs?  What "burden" have we been forced to shoulder?  What parents  of "well adjusted children" have been persecuted by Child protective Services?

The author is nothing but a crybaby who feels that just acknowledging that some people have a different opinion than his is a great "burden" he has to bear or a "difficulty" to deal with.

"Oh no!  A man wants to wear a dress!   Cry  Cry Why must I be persecuted like this?!?!"  Cry  Cry

This is why I have avoided this thread. I read it when it was just the OP, and the article he cites was incredibly transphobic. If people can't comprehend the difference between gender and sex, I doubt they can understand how comparing someone who wants to believe they're a different age isn't anywhere close to identifying with a different gender. 

Then you throw around crap like "we have to deal with this". What do you have to deal with?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(12-16-2015, 07:25 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have long advocated here for better mental health awareness in this country.  So no I don't take this as a joke.  

I do feel that some part of this gender identity stuff is mental however and that dismissing that is wrong.    So my all the rest comment was based on that and how we treat mental health cases.

Rolleyes

(12-15-2015, 12:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yup.   It's a mental problem.  Just as all the rest.

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-16-2015, 07:25 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have long advocated here for better mental health awareness in this country.  So no I don't take this as a joke.  

I've said before, some of it is kost likely a mental health issue. Some of it isn't. But when you say "all the rest" you're lumping all of that in the same class. Which is mischaractising and misunderstanding it.
(12-15-2015, 07:27 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Wait...

Gender is a construct of society. We decided that the sexes should each act a certain way, dress a certain way, look a certain way, and perform different roles in society. Some of that has to do with how males and females tend to act and others have to do with cultural traditions. Almost all people are wired to relate to one set of roles over another. Sometimes, the one you are wired to relate to more does not correspond with how society says your sex should behave. You can have sexual reassignment surgery, but trans people understand that they will always be either "XX" or "XY" no matter how they act. They're not delusional.

Age is something we have no control over. I am 28 and I will never be 20 again. Every second I am getting older. I am a minute older now than I was when I started typing this post. I can "act" younger based on how society says each age group should act, so we see a similarity appear, but society has always allowed for more fluidity in what constitutes how an age should act. We encourage the elderly to be active and act "younger", especially with life expectancies increasing. But we understand that age is something we cannot actually change. You can be a 68 year old who still goes to rock concerts like a 30 year old, but you are 68. Your actual age is not a social construct (unless we want to get in a philosophical debate here, but no matter how we measure time, you are incapable of being younger). If you're a 40 year old who acts like a 6 year old, you're 40. You're not 6 and you never can be 6. If you believe you are 6, you are delusional. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(12-16-2015, 10:15 AM)Benton Wrote: I've said before, some of it is kost likely a mental health issue. Some of it isn't. But when you say "all the rest" you're lumping all of that in the same class. Which is mischaractising and misunderstanding it.

When I say all the rest I am referring to the multiple times I have brought this up and was told that it's never any mental issue at all.

It seems like we agree on this matter just a Misunderstanding in what I was referring.
(12-16-2015, 10:02 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This is why I have avoided this thread. I read it when it was just the OP, and the article he cites was incredibly transphobic. If people can't comprehend the difference between gender and sex, I doubt they can understand how comparing someone who wants to believe they're a different age isn't anywhere close to identifying with a different gender. 

Then you throw around crap like "we have to deal with this". What do you have to deal with?

in this case we have to deal with an 52 year old man pretending he is a 6 year old girl.   Not hard to connect the dots on how this could blow up in everyone's face.

Also.... I know this is a tough topic for you. So I credit you for staying away initially. That often leads to a less emotional discussion.
(12-16-2015, 12:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: in this case we have to deal with an 52 year old man pretending he is a 6 year old girl.   Not hard to connect the dots on how this could blow up in everyone's face.

No...YOU.  How do YOU have to deal with it.

Survey says!

YOU do not.

All YOU have to do is ***** about someone to make YOU look normal.
(12-16-2015, 12:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: No...YOU.  How do YOU have to deal with it.

Survey says!

YOU do not.

All YOU have to do is ***** about someone to make YOU look normal.

Sure I do. I don't want some 52 year old freak show trying to be friends with my kids when he is pretending to be their age and a girl.

Now if he wants to play pretend in his own home or on his own property then so be it.... That's his business there.
(12-16-2015, 12:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Sure I do.  I don't want some 52 year old freak show trying to be friends with my kids when he is pretending to be their age and a girl.    

Now if he wants to play pretend in his own home or on his own property then so be it.... That's his business there.

So you personally know this guy then?  He asked to be friends with your children?

This explains why you are afraid of "savages" all over the world...they are all directly interacting with you and yours.

You are like the Forrest Gump of PnR.  Every event / trend / news item directly affects you personally!   LOL

Rolleyes
(12-16-2015, 12:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: So you personally know this guy then?  He asked to be friends with your children?

This explains why you are afraid of "savages" all over the world...they are all directly interacting with you and yours.

You are like the Forrest Gump of PnR.  Every event / trend / news item directly affects you personally!   LOL

Rolleyes

Always should consider these circumstances as if we would have to deal with it in our own settings. If I blindly discounted any issue without thinking of the direct consequences of we were dealing it here then I would not be making an informed decision.

I don't think any children should be subjected to this foolishness. He can play pretend in his own home or yard. It's not right to push his business on everyone else.
(12-16-2015, 01:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Always should consider these circumstances as if we would have to deal with it in our own settings.  If I blindly discounted any issue without thinking of the direct consequences of we were dealing it here then I would not be making an informed decision.  

I don't think any children should be subjected to this foolishness.  He can play pretend in his own home or yard.   It's not right to push his business on everyone else.

(12-16-2015, 10:18 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote:  You can be a 68 year old who still goes to rock concerts like a 30 year old, but you are 68. Your actual age is not a social construct (unless we want to get in a philosophical debate here, but no matter how we measure time, you are incapable of being younger). If you're a 40 year old who acts like a 6 year old, you're 40. You're not 6 and you never can be 6. If you believe you are 6, you are delusional. 

rep
(12-16-2015, 10:18 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote:   If you're a 40 year old who acts like a 6 year old, you're 40. You're not 6 and you never can be 6. If you believe you are 6, you are delusional. 

Pretty much the difference in mental and not mental.