Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trans-Agist
(12-21-2015, 07:39 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Racial Identity, Ethnic Identity and Gender Identity are all social constructs.

Why limit yourself, racist!

You're born into your race and ethnicity. You are not born into a gender, you learn it.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-21-2015, 09:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's just bad that we should people back from getting the help they desperately need and while they are crying out for that help by their actions.    

What level of craziness does someone need to do these days before we finally call them a weirdo and get them some help?    You can identify anything these days .

It's almost like you don't actually read anything I write, and by "almost like" I mean you absolutely do not read a thing anyone writes here. 

(12-20-2015, 05:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:  But at what point are you hurting him by just playing along with this delusion instead of just giving him the reality check that he needs significant mental help.

Funny you should say this because when I take this step with people who believe in magic invisible gods who control everything you criticize me.

Think how much we enable people who belive in talking snakes, a flood that covered the enture earth, and people rising from the dead.
(12-22-2015, 09:50 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You're born into your race and ethnicity. You are not born into a gender, you learn it.

Not true at all.

Someone can be born anywhere in the world, grow up somewhere else and identify themselves as such because they associate more with the culture where they grew up, and not where they were born.

Your "Race" is determined collectively by the most dominant race and then is used to determine your social level status with in that society.

And technically, you are born into a gender, gender roles are initially based off of your sex at birth.
(12-22-2015, 03:32 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Not true at all.

Someone can be born anywhere in the world, grow up somewhere else and identify themselves as such because they associate more with the culture where they grew up, and not where they were born.

While they are often used interchangeably, you're speaking more towards someone's citizenship or nationality as opposed to which ethnic group they're born into.

I will never be part of the Arab ethnic group.

Quote:Your "Race" is determined collectively by the most dominant race and then is used to determine your social level status with in that society.

And it is determined based on the biological characteristics you are born with.

Quote:And technically, you are born into a gender, gender roles are initially based off of your sex at birth.

False. You're born with a sex and you are socialized as you grow up. Part of that socialization is learning those gender roles. The one you are taught is almost always the one that is associated with your sex, but you are still taught it. Boys don't come out of the womb preferring blue over pink. 

(12-22-2015, 07:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: While they are often used interchangeably, you're speaking more towards someone's citizenship or nationality as opposed to which ethnic group they're born into.

I will never be part of the Arab ethnic group.

Sure you can. Embrace their culture and you'd just be a lighter skinned Arab. Heck you can join ISIS right now, they are recruiting Ninja

(12-22-2015, 07:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: And it is determined based on the biological characteristics you are born with.

Be more specific please.
Nose, lips, eyes etc is shared by everyone though out the world. If you are going to talk about skin color, then you would be wrong again.

Never seen a dark skinned Japanese person? Ariana Miyamoto, Yasuke (black samurai who served Oda Nobunaga)
How about a white African? Charlize Theron

Race and Ethnicity are nothing but social constructs.
http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2015/06/16/how-fluid-is-racial-identity/race-and-racial-identity-are-social-constructs

The only race we belong to, is the human race. And we come in all shapes, sizes and shades.

(12-22-2015, 07:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: False. You're born with a sex and you are socialized as you grow up. Part of that socialization is learning those gender roles. The one you are taught is almost always the one that is associated with your sex, but you are still taught it. Boys don't come out of the womb preferring blue over pink. 
Read what I said, "gender roles are initially based off of your sex at birth."
I didn't say it was permanent, just that it is assigned immediately after birth.
(12-22-2015, 08:35 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Sure you can. Embrace their culture and you'd just be a lighter skinned Arab. Heck you can join ISIS right now, they are recruiting Ninja

No, I'll never be Arab. 

Quote:Be more specific please.

Nose, lips, eyes etc is shared by everyone though out the world. If you are going to talk about skin color, then you would be wrong again.

Never seen a dark skinned Japanese person? Ariana Miyamoto, Yasuke (black samurai who served Oda Nobunaga)
How about a white African? Charlize Theron

Facial structure, body structure, skin color, hair, eyes. These are things that go into the concept of race. Also, Charlize Theron is French, German, and Dutch, not African. Ariana Miyamoto is Japanese and African American. That's called being "mixed race". Yasuke was of African origin, not Japanese. 

This is Lucie level stupid right here, dude.

Quote:Race and Ethnicity are nothing but social constructs.
http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2015/06/16/how-fluid-is-racial-identity/race-and-racial-identity-are-social-constructs

used to categorize people based on traits they were born with. LOL, I said this already.

Quote:The only race we belong to, is the human race. And we come in all shapes, sizes and shades.

lol, this is entirely irrelevant to a discussion on the social sciences concept of race and ethnicity and whether or not someone can claim to be another race. 

Quote:Read what I said, "gender roles are initially based off of your sex at birth."
I didn't say it was permanent, just that it is assigned immediately after birth.

I read what you said. That's why I had to correct you. You learn social roles. Your parents may start teaching you a certain social role because of the sex you were born with, but it is learned. 

Where did the term "Race" come from?

This is always something I've wondered. If we were different races, we wouldn't be able to use human organs in other people.

I'm sure it all has to do with skin color and distinctive features of those from different parts of the world but aren't we all the same "Race"?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(12-22-2015, 01:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny you should say this because when I take this step with people who believe in magic invisible gods who control everything you criticize me.

Think how much we enable people who belive in talking snakes, a flood that covered the enture earth, and people rising from the dead.

when someone says they are God we get them the help they desperately need.

So why can't we do the same when the 50 year old man says he is a 6 year old girl?

Or when a teenager boy says he is a girl?

And so on. ... These people need help.
(12-22-2015, 10:23 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Where did the term "Race" come from?

This is always something I've wondered. If we were different races, we wouldn't be able to use human organs in other people.

I'm sure it all has to do with skin color and distinctive features of those from different parts of the world but aren't we all the same "Race"?

No, we're all the same species. The concept of race was first designed to differentiate between groups of humans.