Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transexual threatens to send a fellow show guest home in an ambulance
(07-20-2015, 03:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not right away. You can choose to be celibate and after a while this may turn into asexuality. However, you can chose immediately not to be miserable.

This can be accomplished by simply remaining single, regardless of sexual preference.
ThumbsUp
(07-20-2015, 04:20 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: This can be accomplished by simply remaining single, regardless of sexual preference.
ThumbsUp

Being single just makes me a different kind of miserable!  Then again, women in their 40's seem to like me...hmm.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I didn't realize there were so many pro-choice conservatives out there. Big Grin
(07-20-2015, 02:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When you get up from your computer which foot are you going to choose to step off with and are you going to be aware that you made that choice?

WTF does this question have to do with what i wrote.....

(07-20-2015, 01:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know it is not a choice for me because I could not be attracted to men even if I wanted to.  

People make choices every day of their life, not just once.  I don't think a lot of serial killers made that choice in childhood.

Are you saying that serial killers decide to become serial killers without even knowing it? 

Are you saying that they make that decision at such a young age they do not even realize it? 

Are you trying to tell me that I really could be attracted to women if I wanted to be?

Are you really trying to compare a meaningless decision of which foot to use to becoming a serial killer or having sex with men?

What exactly are you trying to say?
(07-20-2015, 05:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WTF does this question have to do with what i wrote.....

Are you trying to tell me that I really could be attracted to women if I wanted to be?

There is hope.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-20-2015, 05:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What exactly are you trying to say?

..but to answer the rest; you cannot definitively say "I would never". You and others don't think you choose to be heterosexual because it was not a conscious choice. What internal/external stimuli led to this decision is often subject of debate. The point was; although, you didn't consciously decide which foot to step off with your brain processed internal/external stimuli and you made a choice.

As the APA stated, most do not have a sense of choice when they determine there sexual orientation, but a choice was made none the less. The serial killer analogy is to show that those that say I never had a choice to be gay is incorrect; you just dismissed it outside of your awareness; similar to dismissing being a serial killer.

The brain is an incredible organ and I cannot believe how many just think we are slaves to our urges, desires, wants (ect..) without the brain processing these stimuli and making decisions
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-20-2015, 05:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Are you saying that serial killers decide to become serial killers without even knowing it? 

Are you saying that they make that decision at such a young age they do not even realize it? 

Are you really trying to compare a meaningless decision of which foot to use to becoming a serial killer or having sex with men?

What exactly are you trying to say?

Would you say that being a serial killer has to do with mental and emotional state?

The release of dopemine has to do with these things. Along with attraction, lust, love.... So it matters when your imprinted and influenced at an early age. Why do you like football? Because you were conditioned to like it and get a dopemine release while doing so...

You don't think of sexual attraction as a choice because you were imprinted early to get your dopemine release from being with a woman. The natural way. But for those who are unable to form those bonds at that early age when hornones are raging .... They have mental and emotional issues keeping then from bonding. This pushing them to alternative ways to release.

When a man goes to prison .... He makes a choice to be with other dudes out of necessity. Because he has been conditioned to desire an emotional relationship.

It's a choice that doesn't seem like a choice because to the person they are just going to wherever they can get their Emotional connections. But in fact they so make a choice when they stop going after the opposite sex.
(07-20-2015, 05:30 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Would you say that being a serial killer has to do with mental and emotional state?  

The release of dopemine has to do with these things.   Along with attraction, lust, love....  So it matters when your imprinted and influenced at an early age.   Why do you like football?  Because you were conditioned to like it and get a dopemine release while doing so...  

You don't think of sexual attraction as a choice because you were imprinted early to get your dopemine release from being with a woman.   The natural way.    But for those who are unable to form those bonds at that early age when hornones are raging ....   They have mental and emotional issues keeping then from bonding.   This pushing them to alternative ways to release.  

When a man goes to prison .... He makes a choice to be with other dudes out of necessity.   Because he has been conditioned to desire an emotional relationship.  

It's a choice that doesn't seem like a choice because to the person they are just going to wherever they can get their Emotional connections.    But in fact they so make a choice when they stop going after the opposite sex.

Or he doesn't want beaten or potentially killed.

Or that.

Rolleyes

It is clear that you have never, ever spoke to a gay person.  Never.  You have never asked them about their sexual attraction nor do you care to because you have created in your mind some kind of psycho-babble to justify your bias.

Oh, and going WAAYYY back to the other board and something I said there:  You and your ilk continue to focus on gay "dudes"...never gay "chicks".

I find that hilarious! 

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-20-2015, 07:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: Or he doesn't want beaten or potentially killed.

Or that.

Rolleyes

It is clear that you have never, ever spoke to a gay person.  Never.  You have never asked them about their sexual attraction nor do you care to because you have created in your mind some kind of psycho-babble to justify your bias.

Oh, and going WAAYYY back to the other board and something I said there:  You and your ilk continue to focus on gay "dudes"...never gay "chicks".

I find that hilarious! 

Rock On

My ilk? Maybe It was because we were discussing personal experience... And since I am dude I would not have any chick experiences.
(07-20-2015, 07:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: My ilk? Maybe It was because we were discussing personal experience...  And since I am dude I would not have any chick experiences.

So you've had dude experiences?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
The argument made by the other side in this thread has made them look more ridiculous than I've ever seen them....including on the old boards. If only Mike M and Cincy's Best were here to join in on this dumpster fire...
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Why is it so far fetched that it could very we'll be a choice. Not one person can show genetic proof its not a choice. So it can not be both a non choice and not genetic. It's either a choice or both if it's treated like a person susceptible to alcoholism or balding.
(07-20-2015, 07:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh, and going WAAYYY back to the other board and something I said there:  You and your ilk continue to focus on gay "dudes"...never gay "chicks".

I find that hilarious! 

Rock On

To be fair, The Old Testament said "man shall not lay with another man".
It never said anything about women.
Tongue

TBH, I haven't made it all the way through The Bible, yet.
So, I'm sure there's probably something else I'm unaware of.
I just remember The Old Testament and thinking..... "Hey, God's ok with girl on girl, WOW !".
LOL  
(07-21-2015, 12:23 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why is it so far fetched that it could very we'll be a choice. Not one person can show genetic proof its not a choice. So it can not be both a non choice and not genetic. It's either a choice or both if it's treated like a person susceptible to alcoholism or balding.

First, it doesn't need to be genetic for it to not be a choice. Second, I'm not sure why we're so focused on a gay gene, anyway. Wouldn't there have to be a genetic sequence that would mark us as straight (if it was genetics) as well? A difference in the base pairs would be the cause of a different sexual attraction, right?

Anyway, not likely it is genetic given the sliding scale of it all. People really need to stop arguing all of that.
(07-21-2015, 12:23 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why is it so far fetched that it could very we'll be a choice.   Not one person can show genetic proof its not a choice.    So it can not be both a non choice and not genetic.   It's either a choice or both if it's treated like a person susceptible to alcoholism or balding.

The reason that it is far fetched to think that it could be a choice is that I've only ever met one person that said that they had to make a choice to be gay or straight...bfine.  Every other person that I know, gay or straight, has said that there was no choice involved.  The either always liked boys or always liked girls.

I'm not sure if it's genetic or not, but I've never seen a single real life indicator that it is a choice.  Given that I've never been shown evidence for it being a choice, and I have personal experience to say that it isn't a choice, then I don't see why we would go that route.

The arguments for it being a choice this thread have been incredibly silly.  I'm not opposed to the idea, but I've never been shown legit information as to why it is.  The best I've gotten is "Well, which foot do you start walking with?" and "Well, what if you don't have success with women.".  I'm going to need a bit better than that to subscribe to the idea of it being a choice.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(07-20-2015, 05:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ..but to answer the rest; you cannot definitively say "I would never". You and others don't think you choose to be heterosexual because it was not a conscious choice. What internal/external stimuli led to this decision is often subject of debate. The point was; although, you didn't consciously decide which foot to step off with your brain processed internal/external stimuli and you made a choice.

As the APA stated, most do not have a sense of choice when they determine there sexual orientation, but a choice was made none the less. The serial killer analogy is to show that those that say I never had a choice to be gay is incorrect; you just dismissed it outside of your awareness; similar to dismissing being a serial killer.

The brain is an incredible organ and I cannot believe how many just think we are slaves to our urges, desires, wants (ect..) without the brain processing these stimuli and making decisions

So basically you are saying that tomorrow you might start having sex with little boys because your complex brain suddenly tells you to without you ever understanding why?

I am starting to worry about you.
BTW I will say that there are not just two choices when it comes to sexuality. I have personally known people who have tried bot sexes, but they have to be predisposed to attraction to both sexes in order to make this choice.

No matter what Bfine claims I can guarantee you that I am not going to suddenly start sucking dicks. He may still be struggling with that desire, but I know I am not.
(07-20-2015, 05:08 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I didn't realize there were so many pro-choice conservatives out there. Big Grin

Conservatives are all about choice...making the daily, conscious choice to find women attractive apparently!

*rimshot*
(07-21-2015, 07:46 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: First, it doesn't need to be genetic for it to not be a choice. Second, I'm not sure why we're so focused on a gay gene, anyway. Wouldn't there have to be a genetic sequence that would mark us as straight )if it was genetics) as well? A difference in the base pairs would be the cause of a different sexual attraction, right?

Anyway, not likely it is genetic given the sliding scale of it all. People really need to stop arguing all of that.

Being made to be attracted to the opposite sex would be natural since its a survival mechanism. Without that humans would be extinct or close to extinction. We are made to survive. Survival is creating more humans... That's the way mother nature works in any animal. Survivability. So if we are born premade to survive then being gay, which is the opposite of human survival, would be a side effect under certain amount of mental and emotional distress.
(07-21-2015, 02:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Being made to be attracted to the opposite sex would be natural since its a survival mechanism.  Without that humans would be extinct or close to extinction.    We are made to survive.   Survival is creating more humans... That's the way mother nature works in any animal.   Survivability.    So if we are born premade to survive then being gay, which is the opposite of human survival, would be a side effect under certain amount of mental and emotional distress.

Being gay is the opposite of human survival?  That's a new one to me.