Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transexual threatens to send a fellow show guest home in an ambulance
(07-18-2015, 11:12 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: But we were discussing attraction not action. Do you think attraction is a choice?

Nope the question posed to me was when did you choose to be straight. Here it is:

BmorePat87 Wrote:My turn: when did you choose to be straight?

I have already said (many, many, many times) that same sex attraction is not a choice.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-18-2015, 11:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope the question posed to me was when did you choose to be straight. Here it is:

I have already said (many, many, many times) that same sex attraction is not a choice.

het·er·o·sex·u·al
ˌhedərəˈsekSH(əw)əl/
adjective
(of a person) sexually attracted to people of the opposite sex.
synonyms: straight; More

So the question was regarding attraction. No one asked when you chose to have sexual encounters with women.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

So the only person here that thinks being gay is a choice is Lucy and we all agree that being straight isn't a choice.

(07-18-2015, 11:24 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So the only person here that thinks being gay is a choice is Lucy and we all agree that being straight isn't a choice.

Nobody ever accused you of being overly observant.

1st: Your BFF said it was a choice (right after you called me weird for not coming out of the womb attracted to females)

2nd: Of course folks can choose to be straight. Do you not think there are those out in society today that are attracted to the same sex leading a straight life? I think you have suggested such in the past.

Can folks choose to be celibate?

(07-18-2015, 11:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nobody ever accused you of being overly observant.

1st: Your BFF said it was a choice (right after you called me weird for not coming out of the womb attracted to females)

2nd: Of course folks can choose to be straight. Do you not think there are those out in society today that are attracted to the same sex leading a straight life? I think you have suggested such in the past.

Celibate isn't a sexual orientation. That's just silly.

You're also still confusing attraction with sexual activity. I'm not sure why. You've been told multiple times that we're discussing attraction.

You might be confusing celibate with asexual. They're completely different, though.

(07-18-2015, 11:41 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Celibate isn't a sexual orientation. That's just silly.

You're also still confusing attraction with sexual activity. I'm not sure why. You've been told multiple times that we're discussing attraction.

YES. Celibacy is a choice (you figured it out). Where did you come up with it being a sexual ornamentation?

Who is this "we" that is discussing sexual attraction?

(07-18-2015, 11:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nobody ever accused you of being overly observant.

Those aren't the same thing. Yes, you can choose to not act upon an attraction. You don't choose who you will be attracted to. Choosing to be celibate is the same thing as sentence #2. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(07-19-2015, 12:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: YES. Celibacy is a choice (you figured it out). Where did you come up with it being a sexual ornamentation?

You mentioned it during a conversation about whether or not being gay or straight is a choice. Unless you think it's a sexual orientation, it has no place in this conversation.

Quote:Who is this "we" that is discussing sexual attraction?

Lucy and I were discussing whether sexual orientation was a choice or biological. That's when you joined in. Try to keep up.

(07-19-2015, 12:24 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Those aren't the same thing. Yes, you can choose to not act upon an attraction. You don't choose who you will be attracted to. Choosing to be celibate is the same thing as sentence #2. 

I'm pretty sure it was clarified for him over an hour ago that no one is debating whether or not we have a choice in every action that we take.

I am currently choosing to type this message. Earlier I chose to eat a snickerdoodle. When I'm done posting this, I am going to chose to read a Clash of Kings. Those are all actions.

I did not chose to be 5'11". I did not chose to be lactose intolerant. I did not chose to be sexually attracted to females. These are not actions. These are biological.

(07-19-2015, 12:34 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Lucy and I were discussing whether sexual orientation was a choice or biological. That's when you joined in. Try to keep up.

So it is your assertion that it is genetic?

(07-19-2015, 12:24 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Those aren't the same thing. Yes, you can choose to not act upon an attraction. You don't choose who you will be attracted to. Choosing to be celibate is the same thing as sentence #2. 

Where have I said anything opposed to this?

(07-19-2015, 12:47 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So it is your assertion that it is genetic?

Most likely. I try to use "biological" instead of "genetic" since it takes into account the fact that it's not a choice without suggesting it is only genetic.

(07-19-2015, 01:05 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Most likely. I try to use "biological" instead of "genetic" since it takes into account the fact that it's not a choice without suggesting it is only genetic.

Anything to support this position?

(07-19-2015, 12:49 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Where have I said anything opposed to this?

I saw several posts back where you said who you were attracted to wasn't a choice. I'm just not sure why you asked about nuns. To me, it's clear that is a choice and not something you're "born with".

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(07-18-2015, 10:40 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Why did you chose to not bang dudes? Why girls?

Maybe because I cemented and emotional connection with a girl at a young age. Therefore had no primal need to fill those needs elsewhere. I was conditioned to a natural way.

It's conditioning. Possibly why fathers used to take their sons to the ***** house back in the day.
(07-18-2015, 10:44 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: In both posts, you're missing something critical: why is the default heterosexual? By your own words, we're not heterosexual by choice. So is it not possible to be born homosexual if some gene predisposes us to hetero?

Default is heterosexual because it's set by mother nature and we go back to the need to expand humanity. Which is always mother nature's goal in all animals.

That's the rationale. Starting out gay would be anti every animal instinct and would have stopped hunans from growing as they had.
(07-18-2015, 10:46 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I've never had the opportunity to be gay. I was born straight. There was never any question about it.

I'm referring to the opportunity. I contest you need an emotional bond at a young age that directs the type of relationship you have and where you find comfort. Obviously you, like me, never got close to being gay because we had that emotional bond with a girl .
(07-18-2015, 11:06 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: One of my brothers is gay (I have 3 older brothers). He told me that he always wanted to be straight. He said that once he reached the age of being aware of his sexuality, that he knew what he was attracted to. He likes boys. He hid it from our family for a long time. Matter of fact, he and I would cruise the bars around my town, and pick up chicks together. When I found out he was homosexual, I was shocked.......This shaved headed metal loving manly man was gay. I was confused about it. But now, I have learned. I have admitted to my past bigotry and confronted it face to face. We are all human, and we all have faults when it comes to judging people. I was wrong, and I admit that. You cannot teach someone to be gay. You cannot learn to be gay.

If there was some magical pill that my brother could take to make him straight, he would be the first to tell ya that he would take it in a heartbeat. When he came out of the closet, he lost his best friend since kindergarten (so sad, they were very close), he lost family member's respect, and people look at him differently now. He is not very vocal about his homosexuality because of this. He shouldn't have to hide his love for his boyfriend. They've been together since 2003. But in all seriousness, stop acting like it is a personal choice, instead of instinct. I have been to gay bars. I have been to pride parades. Not once did I think, "Ohhhh....I could really suck a big weiner right now! Or put it up my butt!". lol. I love women, and everything about them. Men are gross.

Matter of fact, I don't even think I could let a female who has a slight mustache gimme a hummer. lol. That is how straight I am. Tongue

I wonder how his emotional relationships with both women and men were when he was hitting puberty. That would be really interesting.

Thanks for sharing your story.
(07-18-2015, 11:24 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So the only person here that thinks being gay is a choice is Lucy and we all agree that being straight isn't a choice.

Feel free to try and paint me as lone wolf here. I think there is an honest discussion to be had on mental and emotional conditions that could lead to being gay. Since there is zero genetic evidence that being gay is in their DNA. There is evidence of brain activity, which would lend itself to the mental and emotional setup especially with all the changes we go through at puberty.

Isn't there a connection with transexuals and other mental issues like eating disorders.... Which would strengthen the mental and emotional argument.

Maybe someday they find something that predisposes people to being gay. Like alcoholism, obesity, or heart trouble. Who knows. The advances of genetic mapping are always growing.