Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question
(04-22-2016, 09:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: Again, it *could* and is more likely in a locker room.

But I don't want my son seeing it either...so should we have a separate room just for kids?

Honestly, yes.
It's not going to happen, as facilities will not want to have 4 locker rooms.
Maybe a partition in the locker rooms to designate a kid's area and privacy stalls in the showers ?
I never understood communal showers, in the first place.

I suppose separate lockers outside of the locker room might work, for kids.
Make the showers 14yrs+ or something.
Younger kids can just bathe when they get home, as they don't seem to sweat much until puberty.
(04-22-2016, 09:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: Again, it *could* and is more likely in a locker room.

But I don't want my son seeing it either...so should we have a separate room just for kids?

We already have that in schools. But once again that's another thing you want these _______ to invade.
(04-22-2016, 09:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: This police officer used his legal right to arrest someone to force her to have sex in exchange for not arresting her.  Do you want to stop police officers from serving warrants?
[Image: 554690508c378.image.jpg]

These men either abused themselves or allowed the abuse of hundreds of children under the guise of using their religion to have power over the children.  Will you stop children from going to church or will you stop men from being priests?
[Image: Untitled3.gif]
Those are difference circumstances because those didn't come out of something that is unnatural and not socially acceptable.  Those came from common, everyday parts of life. 

(04-22-2016, 09:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: Would I want my child playing with a grown man who thinks and acts like a six year old?  No.
But if he were a natural woman, you'd have no problem, and that's my point, which is why you're a hypocrite.  

[quote pid='207655' dateline='1461327840']

Do I think if he thinks he is a female and wants to use the stall in the ladies room he can?  Sure.  No problem.
[/quote]

lol.

Look at my original question:  You'd be ok with him walking around naked in front of your daughter after he just got out of the shower?
(04-22-2016, 11:01 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Those are difference circumstances because those didn't come out of something that is unnatural and not socially acceptable.  Those came from common, everyday parts of life. 

But if he were a natural woman, you'd have no problem, and that's my point, which is why you're a hypocrite.  

[quote pid='207655' dateline='1461327840']

Do I think if he thinks he is a female and wants to use the stall in the ladies room he can?  Sure.  No problem.

lol.

Look at my original question:  You'd be ok with him walking around naked in front of your daughter after he just got out of the shower?
[/quote]

Second point first:  I responded to your question:

(04-22-2016, 09:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: Would I want my child playing with a grown man who thinks and acts like a six year old?  No.
As to you saying "those didn't come out of something that is unnatural and not socially acceptable.  Those came from common, everyday parts of life." You are missing the point that you are afraid of what *might* happen while all kinds of things are already happening that no one can stop.
Just because a man is dressed as, and identifies as, a woman doesn't mean they are any more likely to do anything inappropriate, immoral or illegal to your child than a police officer, priest, or an elected GOP member of congress.
No one WANTS their child to have something bad happen to them or to have them see something no one else wants to see either.
Saying these rules allowing transgender to use a different bathroom or locker room are wrong just because we are afraid something *might* happen isn't good enough.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Dino you are missing the point that no parent wants their kids around a freak show.

It's easy to say you want everyone to feel good about their mental disability. But at what cost? And when does the cost outweigh the risk?

Something tell me in real life application if you saw around your young children then you would be moving along as well.
(04-22-2016, 12:01 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Dino you are missing the point that no parent wants their kids around a freak show.  

It's easy to say you want everyone to feel good about their mental disability.   But at what cost?  And when does the cost outweigh the risk?  

Something tell me in real life application if you saw around your young children then you would be moving along as well.

No one wants anything bad to happen to their kids.  Just seeing a man dressed as a woman won't kill them.  Seeing a woman who dressed like a man in the men's room won't harm them.

At what point does the number of priests abusing children outweigh the value of religion?

I think I've told the story before of the one time we had the kids at the local YMCA.  We had just joined and the kids wanted to swim so my wife and I took turns watching them while the other one of us went and used the gym.  When it was time to go I took my son into the locker room to get changed and there were about 20 firemen, aged 25-65 approx., in there getting changed for some training session going on at the pool next.  My son was about 8 or 9 and shy so I tried to get him to go to the toilet stall to change but it was occupied so he stood in front of his locker, dried off, changed quickly and didn't look around at the naked guys surrounding him.

Never did I fear one of the naked men would attack him, never did he get bothered or harassed.

I thought he was a bit young to be around all those hogs swinging freely, but he lived and was not scarred by the event.

Why would it be any different if it was a woman dressed as a man or a man dressed as a woman?  I was there with him.  Nothing happened.

Carry on with life.
You mask is slipping.
(04-22-2016, 12:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: No one wants anything bad to happen to their kids.  Just seeing a man dressed as a woman won't kill them.  Seeing a woman who dressed like a man in the men's room won't harm them.

At what point does the number of priests abusing children outweigh the value of religion?

I think I've told the story before of the one time we had the kids at the local YMCA.  We had just joined and the kids wanted to swim so my wife and I took turns watching them while the other one of us went and used the gym.  When it was time to go I took my son into the locker room to get changed and there were about 20 firemen, aged 25-65 approx., in there getting changed for some training session going on at the pool next.  My son was about 8 or 9 and shy so I tried to get him to go to the toilet stall to change but it was occupied so he stood in front of his locker, dried off, changed quickly and didn't look around at the naked guys surrounding him.

Never did I fear one of the naked men would attack him, never did he get bothered or harassed.

I thought he was a bit young to be around all those hogs swinging freely, but he loved it and was not scarred by the event.

Why would it be any different if it was a woman dressed as a man or a man dressed as a woman?  I was there with him.  Nothing happened.

Carry on with life.

It think you missed a word so I fixed it for you... Cool
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(04-22-2016, 12:18 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: It think you missed a word so I fixed it for you... Cool

Ha!

"lived"  not "loved"!

Good catch!
You mask is slipping.
(04-22-2016, 12:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: No one wants anything bad to happen to their kids.  Just seeing a man dressed as a woman won't kill them.  Seeing a woman who dressed like a man in the men's room won't harm them.

I thought he was a bit young to be around all those hogs swinging freely, but he loved and was not scarred by the event.

Carry on with life.

Your son was in a locker room with men..... That's normal to be around men and he was with his father. I wonder how you would have felt in that same scenario with your daughter?
(04-22-2016, 12:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Your son was in a locker room with men..... That's normal to be around men and he was with his father.     I wonder how you would have felt in that same scenario with your daughter?

Why do you only care about the girls?  Or think that only girls can be abused?

Weird.

But she was with her mother.  Had they seen anything out of the ordinary they would have told me.  Had anyone with a vagina tried to attack them they would have had the same reaction as I would have.
You mask is slipping.
(04-22-2016, 12:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: Why do you only care about the girls?  Or think that only girls can be abused?

Weird.

But she was with her mother.  Had they seen anything out of the ordinary they would have told me.  Had anyone with a vagina tried to attack them they would have had the same reaction as I would have.

Lol I used your exact scenario. So you are ok with a bunch of men changing around your wife and daughter then?

I have taken my daughter into the men's room before but I make sure the restroom is empty and ask someone to stand lookout for me to alert anyone. And they both know we move quickly in that scenario.
(04-22-2016, 12:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol I used your exact scenario.   So you are ok with a bunch of men changing around your wife and daughter then?  

I have taken my daughter into the men's room before but I make sure the restroom is empty and ask someone to stand lookout for me to alert anyone.   And they both know we move quickly in that scenario.

Why would my wife and daughter be in the men's room?

Have we changed the argument from seeing one hog to hordes of transgender men raiding the women's locker room?

I've had my daughter in the men's room too.  We walked in, straight to the stall, she did her business with me outside to give her privacy and we walked out.  She was too young to even care about if she saw anything.

Now some folks like to look around in the locker room, I've been told, but I don't see the need to invade anyone else's privacy by staring them down.

Another quick story:

We were on our way to Michigan for a funeral about 4-5 years ago.  That put my daughter around 12-13 and my son 8-9 years old.  My wife was already on her way with her mother so it was just me and the kids.  We stopped at rest stop in Ohio (btw, the Ohio rest stops are very nice...much better than PA's) to use the bathroom.  I thought my daughter was old enough to go on her own so I waited until she was in the room and I took my son in to the men's room, then walked out and waited in between the two rooms until they both came out.  

Why?

Because I didn't want anyone taking them.  Man, woman, man dressed as woman, whatever.  I was being careful.  I didn't check each person out in the respective room to make sure they met my standard for looks...I was just careful.
You mask is slipping.

That's my preference.

The gym I go to, a couple people bring their young kids. Not many, but it happens. And any time I'm in the locker room and one of the kids comes in, I stop what I'm doing or cover up. Most of the other guys do, too. As a 37-year old guy, I'm uncomfortable walking around with my dong out in front of some other person's 10-year old.

To me, locker rooms are different. You have an expectation of nudity and your expectation of privacy is greatly reduced. Bathrooms are different. You have an expectation of privacy. I don't have any problem with naked guys walking around the locker room. I would have a problem if I go into the bathroom at McDonald's and some guy has his yogurt slinger in the sink giving it a bath or is doing toe touches without his pants on.

And that's why the bathroom bills are fear mongering. It doesn't even make any sense to get terrified of how someone pees until you bring in locker rooms.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-22-2016, 01:02 PM)Benton Wrote: That's my preference.

The gym I go to, a couple people bring their young kids. Not many, but it happens. And any time I'm in the locker room and one of the kids comes in, I stop what I'm doing or cover up. Most of the other guys do, too. As a 37-year old guy, I'm uncomfortable walking around with my dong out in front of some other person's 10-year old.

To me, locker rooms are different. You have an expectation of nudity and your expectation of privacy is greatly reduced. Bathrooms are different. You have an expectation of privacy. I don't have any problem with naked guys walking around the locker room. I would have a problem if I go into the bathroom at McDonald's and some guy has yogurt slinger in the sink giving it a bath or is doing toe touches without his pants on.

And that's why the bathroom bills are fear mongering. It doesn't even make any sense to get terrified of how someone pees until you bring in locker rooms.

I honestly don't care whether bathroom bills get passed or not (of course I have my preferences, but I think this is much ado about nothing), but I think those that are vocally in favor of it don't care how someone pees either (and I'm speaking of the general populace, not politicians because we ALL know politicians have ulterior motives 99.99999999999999999999999% of the time). They're thinking of it from the standpoint of criminals using trans-tolerance to justify going in the "wrong" bathroom and doing criminal things. 

On an unrelated note, do we really need to have so many topics about bathroom politics? I'm not normally in favor of merging threads, but sheesh, there's like a PLETHORA of bathroom threads in here.
Yea. Pretty crazy this is the most hottly debated topic around here.

What were the roman bath house rules? Maybe we should just bring those back
(04-22-2016, 12:01 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Dino you are missing the point that no parent wants their kids around a freak show.  

It's easy to say you want everyone to feel good about their mental disability.   But at what cost?  And when does the cost outweigh the risk?  

so we are discriminating based on what if scenarios.

i feel like this discussion has happened in the past, something about not wanting kids changing with colored kids
People suck
(04-22-2016, 01:07 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I honestly don't care whether bathroom bills get passed or not (of course I have my preferences, but I think this is much ado about nothing), but I think those that are vocally in favor of it don't care how someone pees either (and I'm speaking of the general populace, not politicians because we ALL know politicians have ulterior motives 99.99999999999999999999999% of the time). They're thinking of it from the standpoint of criminals using trans-tolerance to justify going in the "wrong" bathroom and doing criminal things. 

On an unrelated note, do we really need to have so many topics about bathroom politics? I'm not normally in favor of merging threads, but sheesh, there's like a PLETHORA of bathroom threads in here.

There's already nothing that stops them, outside of a piece of plastic that says they aren't supposed to be there. A sex offender isn't going to not go into the bathroom and do something unwanted. And if they're really doing something criminal (exposing themselves, touching someone, recording someone, etc), that's a sex crime, which is still going to be illegal.

I'm a guy. If I go into a men's bathroom and start bushwhacking guys (slapping them unexpectedly with my penis) at the urinal, I'm going to get charged with sexual assault of some degree, or assault, or battery. It doesn't matter if I'm a guy dressed as a guy doing that, or a guy dressed as a woman. Either way, it's still illegal. Same as if I'm a guy and I start recording another guy dropping a log. It's illegal to record someone when they have that expectation of privacy.
Can we just get a Starship Troopers shower already? 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Facebook video of a situation in 2015 where a woman is removed from the ladies room because she is dressed unladylike.

https://www.facebook.com/urbanleakdotcom/videos/1517756015187337/

[video=facebook]https://www.facebook.com/urbanleakdotcom/videos/1517756015187337/[/video]
You mask is slipping.
(04-22-2016, 01:41 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yea. Pretty crazy this is the most hottly debated topic around here.

What were the roman bath house rules? Maybe we should just bring those back

Don't drop the soap ?
Ninja