Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question
(05-09-2016, 07:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is believing you are a woman when you have a penis delusional? 

No more than believing in magic gods.

The point I am making is that if we can all accept delusional religious beliefs then why not people with gender identity issues?
(05-09-2016, 07:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No more than believing in magic gods.

The point I am making is that if we can all accept delusional religious beliefs then why not people with gender identity issues?

So is that a yes or no? This has been explained to you more than once. The vast majority of the population believes in a creator of some sort; there is no exception made for that. 0.3% of the population believe they are the opposite gender of their sex. 

Just because you say the vast majority of the population is delusional does not make it so. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-09-2016, 07:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So is that a yes or no? This has been explained to you more than once. The vast majority of the population believes in a creator of some sort; there is no exception made for that. 0.3% of the population believe they are the opposite gender of their sex. 

Just because you say the vast majority of the population is delusional does not make it so. 

I have already answered your question.  Believing in impossible magic is delusional.  If that is not delusional then you can not claim anything is delusional.  Just because a lot of people agree with you does not mean it is not delusional to believe in impossible magic.
(05-09-2016, 06:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's obviously not going to happen (especially with people like you who are against governmental marriage getting government-sanctioned marriages and possibly filing taxes as a married couple) so opposing gay marriage because you oppose all marriage (including the one you are in) is a bit of a larf.

I only file my marriage and jump through their hoops because the government forces me to do so.... Can easily do a contract to protect us legally and as for the sacrament of marriage We can go to our church.  

As for taxes ....  The system is so out of whack and unfair as it is anyway.   I'm for taking away all deductions and using a flat 10-15% with the size of gov to equal the amount that would bring in.... 
(05-09-2016, 07:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have already answered your question.  Believing in impossible magic is delusional.  If that is not delusional then you can not claim anything is delusional.  Just because a lot of people agree with you does not mean it is not delusional to believe in impossible magic.

What about delusional sex organs?  There is more of a chance of God coming down than there is of your aunt sprouting a hog.    At least Jesus has showed up on earth..... Let us know when a man actually sprouts a vagina.  
(05-09-2016, 07:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Can easily do a contract to protect us legally

Not as cheaply as you can get married.
(05-09-2016, 07:36 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What about delusional sex organs?  There is more of a chance of God coming down than there is of your aunt sprouting a hog.    At least Jesus has showed up on earth..... Let us know when a man actually sprouts a vagina.  

Transgenders do not believe they are going to grow nes sex organs.  Instead they believe that their "soul" does not match their physical body.

Also let me know when someone can turn water into wine.  That is just as impossible as a man turning into a woman.
(05-09-2016, 07:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have already answered your question.  Believing in impossible magic is delusional.  If that is not delusional then you can not claim anything is delusional.  Just because a lot of people agree with you does not mean it is not delusional to believe in impossible magic.

Belief of a creator has been passed down for centuries and there are books and first-hand accounts that support these beliefs. Just because you do not believe what someone wrote doesn't make those that do delusional. Because you cannot grasp the concept of an omni-present, all-knowing, all-powerful being doesn't make those that do delusional.  You cannot prove there is no God. I can prove that the dude that thinks he is a woman is not. 

BTW, what is the difference between impossible magic and possible magic? 

(05-09-2016, 08:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Belief of a creator has been passed down for centuries and there are books and first-hand accounts that support these beliefs. Just because you do not believe what someone wrote doesn't make those that do delusional. Because you cannot grasp the concept of an omni-present, all-knowing, all-powerful being doesn't make those that do delusional.  You cannot prove there is no God. I can prove that the dude that thinks he is a woman is not. 

BTW, what is the difference between impossible magic and possible magic? 

Mellow

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-09-2016, 08:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Does the vast majority of the population including many from the scientific community  believe in the flying spaghetti monster? If the answer is no; then like many of your posts, I have no idea of the point.   

(05-09-2016, 08:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Does the vast majority of the population including many from the scientific community  believe in the flying spaghetti monster? If the answer is no; then like many of your posts, I have no idea of the point.   

Does it have to b a majority?  How many would be enough for you?

Here's a still shot from the video I linked that you didn't watch.
[Image: 050916.jpg]

They claim ten million followers which is about 2/3 that of Judaism but much smaller than Christianity.

Can we ignore Judaism for not be the " vast majority of the population including many from the scientific community"?

(05-09-2016, 08:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: Does it have to b a majority?  How many would be enough for you?

Here's a still shot from the video I linked that you didn't watch.
[Image: 050916.jpg]

They claim ten million followers which is about 2/3 that of Judaism but much smaller than Christianity.

Can we ignore Judaism for not be the " vast majority of the population including many from the scientific community"?

What!?!?!?! You didn't answer the question posed, fred. Color me surprised. We cannot ignore anyone; who the hell said we could? They claim lots of things; but  these folks really don't believe in a flying spaghetti monster (Wait a minute, did you really think they did? Too funny) They are just a group trying to make fun of religion. We'll see how it works out for them.  

(05-09-2016, 08:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What!?!?!?! You didn't answer the question posed, fred. Color me surprised. We cannot ignore anyone; who the hell said we could? They claim lots of things; but  these folks really don't believe in a flying spaghetti monster (Wait a minute, did you really think they did? Too funny) They are just a group trying to make fun of religion. We'll see how it works out for them.  

I did answer the question...with numbers.  Which I suppose you would use to try and get me kicked off a plane.   Mellow

But you do raise an interesting point (quite by accident, I'm sure):

Does the " vast majority of the population including many from the scientific community" have to REALLY believe or just say they believe even if they don't follow the tenets?  What if they just say they believe because the majority seems to?  For example in PA an atheist cannot be elected to office...so it would behoove someone to "say" they agree with the  "vast majority of the population including many from the scientific community".
(05-09-2016, 08:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  I can prove that the dude that thinks he is a woman is not. 

You can not prove that a woman's soul is not trapped in a man's body.

With God all things are possible, right?
Man oh man, 22 pages on this. Lordy, we simply cannot handle the magnitude of a penis in the ladies room.
http://cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/johns-hopkins-psychiatrist-transgendered-men-dont-become-women-they-become?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=CNS&utm_term=facebook&utm_content=facebook&utm_campaign=b-mchugh-lgbt

Quote:Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry at Johns Hopkins University and former psychiatrist–in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital, who has studied transgendered people for 40 years, said it is a scientific fact that “transgendered men do not become women, nor do transgendered women become men.”

All such people, he explained in an article for The Witherspoon Institute,  “become feminized men or masculinized women, counterfeits or impersonators of the sex with which they ‘identify.’”

Dr. McHugh, who was psychiatrist-in-chief at Johns Hopkins Hospital for 26 years, the medical institute that had initially pioneered sex-change surgery – and later ceased the practice – stressed that the cultural meme, or idea that “one’s sex is fluid and a matter of choice” is extremely damaging, especially to young people.

How dare you use science bfine.
(05-09-2016, 10:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Man oh man, 22 pages on this.  Lordy, we simply cannot handle the magnitude of a penis in the ladies room.

They cannot handle the magnitude of my penis in the ladies room, You most likely could get away with it. 

(05-10-2016, 12:53 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How dare you use science bfine.

The entire report can be read here:

http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2015/06/15145/

(05-10-2016, 12:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: http://cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/johns-hopkins-psychiatrist-transgendered-men-dont-become-women-they-become?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=CNS&utm_term=facebook&utm_content=facebook&utm_campaign=b-mchugh-lgbt

McHugh lets his religious beliefs influence his "professional" opinions.  George Bush appointed him to his Presidential Council of Bioethics because he opposed stem cell research for purely religious reasons.  Now he is doing the same thing with the issue of transgender identification.