Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgender Girl Scout cookie sales
(02-18-2016, 09:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dr. treats me like a customer when his office sends me that bill.

But to answer I have never seen you with a patient and I have no doubt that you are polite to those, for whom, you provide a service. Even the one trying to obtain drugs illegally. 

I just found absolutely hilarious you tried to point to how polite you are; given your nature here. But don't mind me, I find a lot of what folks say on here to be very funny.   

I don't know about you're doctor's office, but our billing department is out of state. 

I pointed out I'm polite in two situations. Two. I didn't nominate myself for the Nobel Peace Prize. Jesus Christ. 
(02-18-2016, 07:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: You are well aware that the staff made the decision to put that word on the filtered list. Please refrain from trying to sneak it in via added characters.

Thanks, BJ

Oh my how we have become so sensitive.  "Trannny" is akin to "gay" or "*****", and you dont hear any gay going around claiming they want to be called homosexuals.

Funny how "gay" is listed here as a slur but not "trannny".
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:English_sexual_slurs

[Image: 5bnsyg.jpg]

[Image: 2rpfm8x.jpg]

[Image: 2vd4m5c.jpg]

[Image: kcduaa.gif]

[Image: 1ta7sw.jpg]

[Image: 2ynp1rn.jpg]
(02-19-2016, 01:59 AM)Vlad Wrote: Oh my how we have become so sensitive.  "Trannny" is akin to "gay" or "*****", and you dont hear any gay going around claiming they want to be called homosexuals.

Cannot say I agree with your approach here, but of all the slurs tossed around in this forum, I do not know how that one became so taboo. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/22/rupaul-responds-tranny_n_5374897.html

WTS: The mods have deemed it a no-no; so it's not that hard to avoid. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
The picture of trans kid in the story looked like a girl to me.

Its uncertain if the guy knew who the kid was, but if he knew who the kid was, then wouldn't the kid know who he was?...and not even attempt to sell cookies to this awful awful man?

I know that if a kid that obviously was a boy dressed as a girl came knocking on my door, my first instinct would be that he's pulling a prank.
(02-19-2016, 02:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Cannot say I agree with your approach here, but of all the slurs tossed around in this forum, I do not know how that one became so taboo. 

Did you notice the word in my post that was filtered out?

The word was kweer, the word splattered all over the newspaper in your link. How ironic.
Well.. for Mr. Lucie who I disagree with 95% of the time but like to hear his opinion.
http://m.etonline.com/news/182604_alexis_arquette_started_calling_herself_gender_suspicious_after_caitlyn_jenner_came_out/

Just make shit up as you go and act offended to get attention. Seems legit.

Id venture to say the doctors who go along with this stuff really appreciate the money. If it werent for man made medicine nobody would be turning ball sacks into vaginas. Just saying.
(02-19-2016, 01:59 AM)Vlad Wrote: Oh my how we have become so sensitive.  "Trannny" is akin to "gay" or "*****", and you dont hear any gay going around claiming they want to be called homosexuals.

For a lot of these terms, there are differing opinions within the community. It's much like the use of the word Indian for Native Americans. On the east coast, most tribes just prefer tribe names, but they are perfectly fine with (American) Indian. The further west you go the less likely they are to agree with its use.

The biggest issue behinds these slurs, though, is the intent behind their use. If you use a term someone finds offensive, apologize and move on when something is said, then everything is rosy. Most people when hit with a term like that, which could have been something that was a part of their personal experiences and is why it is offensive, will just ask that you not use it with them and will tell you how they prefer to be identified when prompted. There are also some more universally accepted terms. The issue comes when people intentionally ignore all of that and continue to use offensive terms. One is born of ignorance, the other of obstinacy.

As for the list, that word could be missing because being trans has nothing to do with sex.
(02-18-2016, 08:07 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: and Pacquiao has used his own personal money and built over 1k homes for poor filpino families and he didn't discriminate.

What have you done?

I teach children with disabilities in a disadvantaged community and I do so while never calling gay people "less than animals" and calling for their death. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-19-2016, 06:28 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Well.. for Mr. Lucie who I disagree with 95% of the time but like to hear his opinion.
http://m.etonline.com/news/182604_alexis_arquette_started_calling_herself_gender_suspicious_after_caitlyn_jenner_came_out/

Just make shit up as you go and act offended to get attention. Seems legit.

Id venture to say the doctors who go along with this stuff really appreciate the money. If it werent for man made medicine nobody would be turning ball sacks into vaginas. Just saying.

I will see if I can find it, but IIRC there has been archaeological evidence of trans people centuries ago.
As to the matter of why some members of the trans community use that word, it's similar to why some black people use the n-word or some gay people use Q or F. Reappropriation or reclamation of words is a big issue within their communities that can divide it. Also, as someone knows many trans people, Rupaul is far from spokesperson for the transcommunity.

(02-19-2016, 08:54 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: As to the matter of why some members of the trans community use that word, it's similar to why some black people use the n-word or some gay people use Q or F. Reappropriation or reclamation of words is a big issue within their communities that can divide it. Also, as someone knows many trans people, Rupaul is far from spokesperson for the transcommunity.

BmorePat is.

(02-19-2016, 02:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Cannot say I agree with your approach here, but of all the slurs tossed around in this forum, I do not know how that one became so taboo. 

And that is the point. People can agree or disagree with the word being on our filtered list. However, it is on the list. Those that continue to try to violate the CoC by using the word will receive disciplinary action. 

Honestly, if a poster wants to reference a transgender person, for example, then just type out the actual word- transgender. How damn hard is that? It's as though some members feel they can't carry on a conversation unless they have the filtered word available to them. 

Remember that this is a public message board and not someone's private living room. 
That does it.

I am selling my Trans Am.

I don't know if I might be "promoting" or "offending" by driving it. I just want to avoid any potential controversy.
(02-19-2016, 01:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: And that is the point. People can agree or disagree with the word being on our filtered list. However, it is on the list. Those that continue to try to violate the CoC by using the word will receive disciplinary action. 

Honestly, if a poster wants to reference a transgender person, for example, then just type out the actual word- transgender. How damn hard is that? It's as though some members feel they can't carry on a conversation unless they have the filtered word available to them. 

Remember that this is a public message board and not someone's private living room. 

I understand and completely agree, as was the purpose in my attempt to save Vlad; unfortunately, I was too late. If you disagree with something post it in the board feedback forum, if you do not like the results start your own message board. For instance I disagree with the fact that I am now "outnumbered' much worse than before; however, I will continue the fight within the rules given.

(02-19-2016, 02:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  For instance I disagree with the fact that I am now "outnumbered' much worse than before; however, I will continue the fight within the rules given.

Funny how reinforcements always seem to show up. 

Rolleyes
(02-19-2016, 01:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: And that is the point. People can agree or disagree with the word being on our filtered list. However, it is on the list. Those that continue to try to violate the CoC by using the word will receive disciplinary action. 

I think it is more like when your little kid figures out that the "F" word makes you laugh and so they use it over and over until you tell them to stop.

Some folks want/wanted to "riles things up" so they thought they were being "cute" by going around the filtered word.

At least I hope that was it and not that they were actually so biased they had use the word.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-19-2016, 01:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: BmorePat is.

I respectfully decline your nomination. 

(02-19-2016, 02:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: I think it is more like when your little kid figures out that the "F" word makes you laugh and so they use it over and over until you tell them to stop.

Not a bad analogy.

Any word can be used in a derogatory manner if the intent behind it is such. And, again, I'll encourage people to stop using a word — any word — in a derogatory manner when referring to individual members here, or people in general. Following along what 'Holic said, there's no legitimate reason not to use the real word. The freedom of this forum is such people can discuss whatever, but keeping it going means keeping it civil and respectful.
(02-18-2016, 06:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Cool story, Pacquiao 

(02-19-2016, 02:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny how reinforcements always seem to show up. 

Rolleyes

Funny how someone that always cries about the various usages of the T word when it's not being used to call him anything, is one of the first to try to directly insult someone else, his other favorite words, Bigot, Homophobe etc.
(02-19-2016, 05:35 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Funny how someone that always cries about the various usages of the T word when it's not being used to call him anything, is one of the first to try to directly insult someone else, his other favorite words, Bigot, Homophobe etc.

Well, you said it was pathetic that people "encourage" trans people. It's not like I'm using a slur against a whole class of people, I am comparing someone who said something bigoted to another person who said something bigoted. And, no, I don't care to hear why you think trans people "need help".