Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgender Girl Scout cookie sales
(02-22-2016, 06:01 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Manny was quoting the Bible. If you go back to the original interview (one that was not edited to make Manny look bad) you will figure that out (or not). 

Everyone and their mother already know Manny is a highly religious persona, so why bother asking him about things in the LGBT community that he's already against?? Well I guess you would ask him if your goal is to damage his rep! To me that is just some of the typical character assassination that the left like to participate in when someone doesn't share their views. Unfortunately, for the well known homosexual TV show host Vice Ganda in the Philippines, it's backfiring against him and people want him to apologize for his comments against Manny.

It would be like asking Kirk Cameron his thoughts on Homosexuality.

That's great that you teach children with disabilities, but that's your Job and you are compensated for it. Building 1,000 homes for poor filpino families is not in Manny's job description, nor was his compensated for it.

Men go to the Men's room, Women go to the Women's room, that is equality. Either may enter a uni-sex room.

What you are asking for is not equality, you are asking for exceptions to the rule.

So if you quote the bible that gay people should be killed, it's less offensive or somehow makes you even less of a shitty person?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-22-2016, 11:32 AM)Vlad Wrote: And that's OK...so why do you care so much about the feelings of a trans?

The trans that wont use the proper bathroom sounds like a bunch of emotional crap to me.
It never fails that with any topic you liberals hypocrisy and double standards emerge.

(02-22-2016, 02:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Are you talking to the Trans that want government to mandate that they can use the facility of their choice?

I don't care if trans people are allowed to use restrooms or not.  I'm not pushing for this legislation so much as I'm watching the people who seem to think offending people is what makes this country great getting scared and offended that such things may come to pass.  I really don't debate ideas as much as I like to analyze why people think and react the way they do.  Here's a hint; it's often massive bias.
(02-23-2016, 12:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't care if trans people are allowed to use restrooms or not.  

Well that sounds unfair. I'm all in favor of them being able to use restrooms.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-23-2016, 01:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well that sounds unfair. I'm all in favor of them being able to use restrooms.

How did you get so clever?  Did you have sex with a fox or something?
(02-23-2016, 01:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How did you get so clever?  Did you have sex with a fox or something?

[Image: 460-the-fox-screencap01.jpg]
(02-23-2016, 01:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well that sounds unfair. I'm all in favor of them being able to use restrooms.

(02-23-2016, 01:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well that sounds unfair. I'm all in favor of them being able to use restrooms.

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-22-2016, 06:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So if you quote the bible that gay people should be killed, it's less offensive or somehow makes you even less of a shitty person?

Yes, because it's his belief system and you should at least respect that.

Just because it doesn't match your belief system doesn't mean he's a shitty person. I have already pointed out to you that he is a very generous person and has helped thousands of poor families and built 1k homes for poor families. When he did this, he also stated that it was because of the teaching of the Bible.

http://philboxing.com/news/story-114694.html
“Give thanks to God for what you have received today. It’s a gift from Him. He’s just using me to help you. Take good care of this property and don’t sell it,” Pacquiao told the project recipients.

After every fight. Manny donates 1 mil Philippine Pesos to a local hospital.
He's currently footing the bill for a big Church in his hometown.

All because of his belief system, and apparently to some, it makes him a shitty person, no matter what else he does to help people.
(02-24-2016, 03:42 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Yes, because it's his belief system and you should at least respect that.

Just because it doesn't match your belief system doesn't mean he's a shitty person. I have already pointed out to you that he is a very generous person and has helped thousands of poor families and built 1k homes for poor families. When he did this, he also stated that it was because of the teaching of the Bible.

“Give thanks to God for what you have received today. It’s a gift from Him. He’s just using me to help you. Take good care of this property and don’t sell it,” Pacquiao told the project recipients.

All because of his belief system, and apparently to some, it makes him a shitty person, no matter what else he does to help people.

When you use your "belief system" to shit on other people's personal lives, you're being a shitty person, no matter how many homes you build with your fortune. 
(02-24-2016, 03:57 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: When you use your "belief system" to shit on other people's personal lives, you're being a shitty person, no matter how many homes you build with your fortune. 

Only if that belief system doesn't match yours and you are as judgmental as the person you are accusing as such.

(02-24-2016, 04:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Only if that belief system doesn't match yours and you are as judgmental as the person you are accusing as such.

A little contradictory considering this statement was solely predicated on not 'shitting' on other people's personal lives.  I thought that was what jebus was all about?   
(02-24-2016, 03:42 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Yes, because it's his belief system and you should at least respect that.

I should respect that he believes in a mythical being that says that gay people should die and prompts him to proclaim that gay people are "less than animals"?

No. That's one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-24-2016, 04:14 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I should respect that he believes in a mythical being that says that gay people should die and prompts him to proclaim that gay people are "less than animals"?

Stop being judgmental of dumb people with influence.  Just let them shit on people...  'cuz jebus
(02-24-2016, 04:13 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: A little contradictory considering this statement was solely predicated on not 'shitting' on other people's personal lives.  I thought that was what jebus was all about?   

I've always considered relationships with Jesus to be a personal one. For instance I feel as my granddaughter grows up she has the right to shower in facilities with people without penises. I could consider anyone opposed to this as shitting on my/her personal life and a shitty person.

I see no contridiction in not labeling this person as shitty.

Saying "my religion says being gay is wrong" is not shitty.

Saying gays are like animals and should be killed because of my religion is shitty.

But now the original author and Pacquiao are back tracking and claiming he never said that.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/16/manny-pacquiao-gay-marriage-leviticus-examiner_n_1521747.html

Quote:Pacquiao eventually clarified his comments in a statement, claiming that he had never cited the violent verse from Leviticus.

"I didn’t say that, that’s a lie. I didn’t know that quote from Leviticus because I haven’t read the Book of Leviticus yet. I’m not against gay people. I have a relative who is also gay. We can’t help it if they were born that way," he said, per TMZ. "What I'm critical off [sic] are actions that violate the word of God. I only gave out my opinion that same sex marriage is against the law of God."

Ampong wrote a second article on Wednesday
 backing Pacquiao and demanding that the writers of those stories apologize to the Philippines congressman.

"Pacquiao never said nor recited, nor invoked and nor did he ever refer to such context," Ampong said. "I hereby demand both Weir and Romero to apologize to Pacquiao. They, being writers for USA Today and LA Weekly respectively, should have a better reading comprehension than I do, rhetorically."

Also taking aim at the writers who attributed Ampong's use of the Leviticus quote to Pacquiao was Mary Wiliams of Salon, who wrote," If you’re going to quote someone, read the damn source material already. You need to have an eighth-grade reading proficiency level to get a driver’s license, yet apparently you can be functionally illiterate and work for L.A. Weekly and USA Today."

James King of The Village Voice, who also wrote on Tuesday that Pacquaio had quoted from Leviticus, responded to Ampong's secondary story with a withering critique of his own on Wednesday.

"We -- and dozens of other news outlets -- read the same article, in which Ampong clearly credits Pacquiao with quoting the Bible passage," writes King. "It's since been modified to clarify that Pacquiao isn't the one who made the reference."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-24-2016, 04:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've always considered relationships with Jesus to be a personal one. For instance I feel as my granddaughter grows up she has the right to shower in facilities with people without penises. I could consider anyone opposed to this as shitting on my/her personal life and a shitty person.

I see no contridiction in not labeling this person as shitty.

I understand where you are coming from here.  I was talking specifically about the manny comments above.  
(02-24-2016, 04:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Only if that belief system doesn't match yours and you are as judgmental as the person you are accusing as such.

Respect is earned.  I don't just give it away.

Do you respect the belief system of the Westboro Baptist Church?  How about the KKK?  Or Hitler?

All of those people are horrible and their belief systems are not worthy of my respect.
(02-24-2016, 06:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Respect is earned.  I don't just give it away.

Do you respect the belief system of the Westboro Baptist Church?  How about the KKK?  Or Hitler?

All of those people are horrible and their belief systems are not worthy of my respect.

Where did I say anyone deserves respect. I just used an analogy to show that labeling someone as "shitty' just because thier beliefs are not in line with yours may be a little judgemental and biased.

I thought Madeline Albright's assertion that there is a special place in hell for women that do not vote for Hillary to be horrible; but I don't think she's a shitty person. Just a little misguided.

(02-24-2016, 06:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Where did I say anyone deserves respect. I just used an analogy to show that labeling someone as "shitty' just because thier beliefs are not in line with yours may be a little judgemental and biased.

You are missing the point.

None of us judge people to be "shitty" just because they believe different from me.  I only judge them to be "shitty" when they are "shitty".

There are plenty of Christians who do not think homosexuals are worse than  animals and don't deserve equal protection under the law.  Those people ahve a different belief system than me but I don't think they are all "shitty".
(02-24-2016, 06:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are missing the point.

None of us judge people to be "shitty" just because they believe different from me.  I only judge them to be "shitty" when they are "shitty".

OK. Makes perfect sense now.

(02-24-2016, 03:57 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: When you use your "belief system" to shit on other people's personal lives, you're being a shitty person, no matter how many homes you build with your fortune. 

I guess giving people a place to shit equates to shitting on their lives.

(02-24-2016, 04:13 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: A little contradictory considering this statement was solely predicated on not 'shitting' on other people's personal lives.  I thought that was what jebus was all about?   

Ok, I'm not religious but you are jaded.

(02-24-2016, 04:14 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I should respect that he believes in a mythical being that says that gay people should die and prompts him to proclaim that gay people are "less than animals"?

And you belief system is absolutely perfect right?

(02-24-2016, 04:17 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Stop being judgmental of dumb people with influence.  Just let them shit on people...  'cuz jebus

No he gave thousands of people a place to shit 'cuz jebus. Get it right.

(02-24-2016, 04:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: Saying "my religion says being gay is wrong" is not shitty.

Saying gays are like animals and should be killed because of my religion is shitty.

But now the original author and Pacquiao are back tracking and claiming he never said that.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/16/manny-pacquiao-gay-marriage-leviticus-examiner_n_1521747.html

The article that you reference is from 2012....
He has not redacted that he equated homosexuals that have sex as no better than animals statement. In fact he made a video and apologized for the reference.

I also informed you all right after Pat called me Manny that it was taken out of context, well guess what? The Full Video has been released and....

http://www.spin.ph/boxing/manny-pacquiao/news/tv5-comes-under-fire-after-spliced-video-cast-manny-pacquiao-in-a-bad-light