Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trapasso (CBS) mock draft gave me a sinking feeling
(03-10-2022, 05:05 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: When it comes to the steelers next qb, I imagine Burrow paying witch doctors and psychics etc. to try and use whatever voodoo is necessary for Haskins to revive his career as the steelers starter so he can have the opportunity to beat Dwaynes ass twice a year.

Burrow hated haskins guts....and now he's his biggest fan ? 

Burrow seems to be this type. Make the OSU coaches look like fools for not starting Burrow over Haskins by just dominating
him in the pros lol

(03-11-2022, 04:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Faalele's size is his blessing and his curse.
He's not going to get pushed back like Adeniji does because he's just so big.
His size and wingspan makes it more difficult for defenders to try to go around him.
But he's so tall that he's always going to have some disadvantage with playing too high compared to most shorter, smaller OTs.
And even though I do think he's athletic for his size, he's simply too heavy to move like a 300 lb guy.
So I think in some aspects, Faalele would be great, but in others, he'd be frustrating.

Feel the same, not like he cannot be a force here and there, I think he could just shouldn't use an early pick on him.

We need some consistency at RT.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 08:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Burrow seems to be this type. Make the OSU coaches look like fools for not starting Burrow over Haskins by just dominating
him in the pros lol

Feel the same, not like he cannot be a force here and there, I think he could just shouldn't use an early pick on him.

We need some consistency at RT.

That's not coming in the draft, I don't think.
If we want someone from the draft who can be consistent and start, I'd 100% look at IOL before OT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 08:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's not coming in the draft, I don't think.
If we want someone from the draft who can be consistent and start, I'd 100% look at IOL before OT.

Abraham Lucas is a very good pass blocking RT. He needs some work but all these college kids do. He needs to get stronger and better in the run game. We could always use another OL next to him in the run game.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 10:08 PM)pulses Wrote: Abraham Lucas is a very good pass blocking RT. He needs some work but all these college kids do. He needs to get stronger and better in the run game. We could always use another OL next to him in the run game.

If we don't trade for Collins, I would like to get Moses as a stop gap and take Lucas in 2 or 3 for RT starter.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 10:46 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: If we don't trade for Collins, I would like to get Moses as a stop gap and take Lucas in 2 or 3 for LT starter.

LT? they aren't gonna move Jonah for Lucas.  Lucas is a RT anyways.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 12:52 AM)pulses Wrote: LT? they aren't gonna move Jonah for Lucas.  Lucas is a RT anyways.

Thank you. Mistyped. Edited now.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 10:08 PM)pulses Wrote: Abraham Lucas is a very good pass blocking RT. He needs some work but all these college kids do. He needs to get stronger and better in the run game. We could always use another OL next to him in the run game.

I've looked plenty into Lucas, believe me. You hit it exactly on the head, he's much better in pass protection than the run game.
He's not NFL-ready. He'll need some time to groom. As such, you need a veteran to hold down that spot for 2022 (and possibly 2023) while the rookie develops.
That was my point.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 09:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Pollack hasn't turned any Bengals OL into a star so far.

well put.. when he took over as head coach with Cowboys, he had some solid players on the line already, since leaving Cowboys his 4 seasons with Bengals and Jets has seen little success with improvement  Price was under him as a rookie and we know where Price ended up.. Our rookies this year did not seem to improve through the year.

This is really a big year for Pollack, he really does need to move the needle especially if we continue to give him more FAs and high draft rookies
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 08:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's not coming in the draft, I don't think.

Same. I want us to trade for La'el Collins now. Bet he could be had for a 3rd rounder and we aren't going to get a better player
at RT than him. His red flags are concerning but I think Pollack can handle him and get him right mentally. I like the Guards in 
this Draft much more so than the Tackles that will be available when we pick.

If we ignore an OL position in FA it better not be RT or we may be in trouble.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 05:24 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: well put.. when he took over as head coach with Cowboys, he had some solid players on the line already, since leaving Cowboys his 4 seasons with Bengals and Jets has seen little success with improvement  Price was under him as a rookie and we know where Price ended up.. Our rookies this year did not seem to improve through the year.

This is really a big year for Pollack, he really does need to move the needle especially if we continue to give him more FAs and high draft rookies

I think he had Mechi going in the right direction in his first year in NYJ, but yeah let's get him La'el and let him work with the new Oliners that come here to see if Pollack is a difference maker or not.  Also, it was infuriating watching the Rams Dline in the Super Bowl wreck us 4 offensive series in a row before making any type of adjustments.  The MVP of the Super Bowl should've been Leslie Frazier to be honest.  But to be fair the 1st half looked really clean.

Guess we can always ask Piano Man to come back and help out.  Look what he did for Clint Boling.
Reply/Quote