Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trashy Browns and Steelers hold impromptu MMA fight
There's a screen shot that appears to show Rudolph on the ground kicking Garrett below the belt, after Rudolph tried to rip off Garrett's helmet and the Steelers pulled Garrett off but prior to Garrett pulling off Rudolph's helmet.

Rudolph is a biatch.

If Garrett didn't hit him with the helmet, Rudolph would have gotten a suspension for his behavior. Garrett took it from 50 to 100 and deserves to not play again. Rudolph is benefiting from Garrett's escalation.

Though, maybe this is more of a punishment for the Steelers.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Personally I enjoyed the massacre. I just wish it would have been rottenbooger instead!!! Funny how the announcers all referenced this brawl to none other than Vontaze Burfict!!

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 02:26 PM)Synric Wrote: I disagree. While Garrett and Pouncy were more violent in their attacks Mason Rudolph instigated most of it.

It started with a clean takedown by Garrett he got there as the ball was let go. A frustrated Rudolph tried to pull his helmet off on the ground which Garrett wiggled out of grabbed Mason then ripped his helmet off...It could have ended right there as David DeCastro separated the two but Rudolph got up charged Garrett grabbing at him. It was very unfortunate that Garrett still had ahold of the helmet because want he did next was dangerous but I believe it was also heat of the moment. After the hit Pouncy jumped in and repeatedly hit Garrett in the head all the way to the ground stood up kicked him in the head then went back to the ground to get in one more punch.

All 3 of those guys deserve a suspension as that's not how a professional and role model should act. The only one that deserves any praise in that situation was David DeCastro. I think DeCasteo is a nasty player between the whistles but he looked very professional in that horrible situation.

I do believe Rudolph should be fined for grabbing at garrets helmet but he didn't pull it off he didn't throw any punches that I saw... or anything suspension worthy.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 01:50 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Really don't care what you or any other Squealers fan think of me. Everyone knows your team and your fan base are the biggest offenders and cry babies when it comes to dirty play. Keep crying it does the rest of the league good to see you suffer.

It's not just Steelers fans who think you're a clueless immature punk.

(11-15-2019, 02:04 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Two on one = all is fair.  If this went to court Garrett would be justified by self defense and Rudolph would be charged and convicted. Garrett was backing away and Rudolph lunged repeatedly at him. The helmet was an equalizer. FREE GARRETT!!!!!!

You've got to be in your early 20's at the most.  Your understanding of the criminal justice system displays all the knowledge and sophistication of a preschooler.  Not to mention if this occurred in a street scenario then Garrett would be arrested for assault with a deadly weapon, 245(a)(1) PC in CA, which carries a very significant amount of prison time.

(11-15-2019, 02:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: after watching the incident

The leagues suspension without pay is the right call...  Pouncy as well for kicking garrett on the head after should be suspended..    Nothing Rudolph did was worth more than a fine.

Logical as always, good sir.

(11-15-2019, 02:37 PM)jason Wrote: Well Rudolph didn't get fined... Because nothing he did crossed any lines. Everything about that incident was normal, and occurs in several games a year, if not weekly. Swingin' a man's helmet at his exposed head was where things got out of line. I've already said it... Mason Rudolph could have been killed , or his life forever changed by that. Nothing leading up to that act matters.

Well stated.  The incident could have very easily caused serious injury.

(11-15-2019, 02:49 PM)6andcounting Wrote: It's something a ******** 3 years old would say to excuse themselves, but better yet it's not even true. It was started with Garrett's late hit and unnecessarily pulling Rudolph to the ground. 

Absolutely.  I don't always like Stephen A. Smith, but he totally eviscerated his cohost's assertion that Rudolph was in any way to blame for this incident.  People trying to blame anyone but Garrett have a very poor understanding of the concept of personal responsibility.

(11-15-2019, 02:59 PM)Millhouse Wrote: IF anything, Rudolph should see a minor fine, nothing more though (again IF anything). After watching entire play a few times, it looked like he was pissed he was tackled the way he was after he threw the ball, plus it was a meaningless last play of the game. Who wouldn't get po'd for that?

The other suspensions and fines, mainly Garret's, is what should happen.

Also well stated!
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 03:17 PM)Destro Wrote: Steelers have actually injured players. Not saying Garrett has in the right, but outrage should be just as strong for dirty hits that take people out.

And the Browns didn't injury 2 Steelers already that game with dirty hits?
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 04:28 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I do believe Rudolph should be fined for grabbing at garrets helmet but he didn't pull it off he didn't throw any punches that I saw... or anything suspension worthy.

Tossed a few kicks, but I still want to know what the moron was thinking without a helmet and running over to get into the face of the guy you were just trying to hurt when he is being held back by another team mate.... let that shit go son.... instead, you go start something and caught a helmet to the head for your trouble.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 03:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Right. So you have no problem with what Garrett did, since that ***** Rudolph tried, and got it half way off, to rip Garrett's helmet off. Garrett was just retaliating, so, no punishment, right?

What a stupid ***** thing for you to say. 

This ignores that it was started by the late hit and take down of Rudolph by Garrett. This also ignores that I said the retaliation has to be equal to the initial infraction.  Here's an idea: read posts before you respond to them.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 04:43 PM)6andcounting Wrote: And the Browns didn't injury 2 Steelers already that game with dirty hits?

1 dirty, 1 was just bad luck. 

The late hit on the sidelines on Johnson was bad, dude looked like a missile.

The earlier one was guys helmets banging around like pinballs, not so much intent on that hit as it was just helmet contact on a tackle.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 04:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote:  He didn't know if he had the ball or not. 

This doesn't negate an action as a penalty. This also just means Garrett needs to keep his head up. 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 04:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: My how clever you are. It's almost as if that's the only word we can expect you to know since you're a guy who cheered for two rapists and this guy...

[Image: free-hernandez.jpg]
*Claims I'm not clever - then proceed with rape smack*

Coffee
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 04:45 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Tossed a few kicks, but I still want to know what the moron was thinking without a helmet and running over to get into the face of the guy you were just trying to hurt when he is being held back by another team mate.... let that shit go son.... instead, you go start something and caught a helmet to the head for your trouble.

Because there is an unwritten and unsaid code that they aren't going to tear someone's helmet off and hit them with it... That's why Garrett is completely in the wrong here, and why the Steelers went apeshit when it happened.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The most amazing thing is that this thread is on page 5 and Brad hasn't come rolling in yet. Can someone check on him, please?
[Image: 12417656_10208481126928364_5227831409754...e=5702BE1D]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 04:50 PM)6andcounting Wrote: This doesn't negate an action as a penalty. This also just means Garrett needs to keep his head up. 

Late or not.... that hit is a football play and it happens WEEKLY!!!

What doesn't happen? The QB going stupid and trying to injure the guy who tackled him and rip at his helmet...he literally turned it from a football play to a fight by ripping at Garrett's helmet.

Garrett went nuts and deserves the suspension but Rudolph is guilty of escalating it and then being a moron and racing over to a guy without a helmet on. 

Maybe the hit with the helmet knocked some sense into him since after it, he stayed the hell away from Garrett.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 04:54 PM)jason Wrote: Because there is an unwritten and unsaid code that they aren't going to tear someone's helmet off and hit them with it... That's why Garrett is completely in the wrong here, and why the Steelers went apeshit when it happened.

I agree Garrett is wrong and deserves the suspension but I'll say it over and over, if Rudolph doesn't act like a punk in the pile and pull on Garrett's helmet and then charge after his was removed, nothing happens.

Every other instance in the history of the NFL when a guy loses his helmet, he gets the hell away from the pile and the fight, you don't see them charge the guy and try to escalate it.

Also, that unwritten rule was gone after Pacman slammed Amari Cooper into his own helmet after removing it....

Reply/Quote
Look, it's this simple. The line was crossed when Garrett bopped Rudolph in the head. Up until then, the late/unnecessary tackle by Garrett, the helmet twisting by Rudolph, the helmet pulling by Garrett, the charging by Rudolph is just heat of the moment late game rough housing. Really nothing more than penalty and maybe finable stuff.

IDC who hit who late or who yanked on whose helmet, if Garrett simply drops Masons helmet before coming back at him, then we've got 2 guys getting small fines next week and no one cares how it began, who started it, or who's at fault.

But assaulting someone with a weapon is way over the line, as is kicking someone in the head....even though that is a little more understandable given the circumstances.
Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/eef-l5pcEIk

This was not a late hit. Everything about it was perfect legal the ball was still in Rudolph's hand as Garrett was wrapping him up. It was actually a good play by Rudolph to flip it out to the RB with a Garrett in his chest.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Oh, and Epstein didn't kill himself either......
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 05:02 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I agree Garrett is wrong and deserves the suspension but I'll say it over and over, if Rudolph doesn't act like a punk in the pile and pull on Garrett's helmet and then charge after his was removed, nothing happens.

Every other instance in the history of the NFL when a guy loses his helmet, he gets the hell away from the pile and the fight, you don't see them charge the guy and try to escalate it.

Also, that unwritten rule was gone after Pacman slammed Amari Cooper into his own helmet after removing it....

Brian Cushing headbutted a dude wearing a helmet when his was torn off. Jeremy Shockey continued running through defenders once his helmet was knocked off. We all remember Whitworth throwing a Jaguar's helmet after pulling it off. Guys fight sometimes in the NFL. What position they play is irrelevant Garrett still had it in his hand, and for all we know was gonna hit DeCastro with it... Doesn't matter what led up to it, he was way over the line.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 05:08 PM)jason Wrote: Brian Cushing headbutted a dude wearing a helmet when his was torn off. Jeremy Shockey continued running through defenders once his helmet was knocked off. We all remember Whitworth throwing a Jaguar's helmet after pulling it off. Guys fight sometimes in the NFL. What position they play is irrelevant Garrett still had it in his hand, and for all we know was gonna hit DeCastro with it... Doesn't matter what led up to it, he was way over the line.

Exactly. Everyone is wasting time trying to assign blame where there is none.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 0Tcpd9p.png]
Reply/Quote