Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trask Versus Fields or Wilson?? Or Chase or Parsons?
I only bring it up because we really need 2 QB's go #1 and #2 or a WR or defensive player so we can get Sewell.

I was worried watching Fields look very bad yesterday in the limelight against Nonwestern. He did not look like a top 15 pick yesterday, but good news is the big strong armed Florida QB looked very good against a very good Alabama team, has played tougher competition (better athletes in SEC overall).

I think if Trask has a great bowl game and does well at combine, he may be the #2 player taken by the Jags (Florida QB staying home). I know it was one game for Fields, but he was playing in a windless dome making poor throws and poor decisions all day long. Oh, I am also not an Ohio State hater, they are my college team, but if not playing my 2 favs (ND and Cincinnati), I root for them.

Thoughts??
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 02:23 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I only bring it up because we really need 2 QB's go #1 and #2 so we can get Sewell.

I was worried watching Fields look very bad yesterday in the limelight against Nonwestern. He did not look like a top 15 pick yesterday, but good news is the big strong armed Florida QB looked very good against a very good Alabama team, has played tougher competition (better athletes in SEC overall).

I think if Trask has a great bowl game and does well at combine, he may be the #2 player taken by the Jags (Florida QB staying home). I know it was one game for Fields, but he was playing in a windless dome making poor throws and poor decisions all day long. Oh, I am also not an Ohio State hater, they are my college team, but if not playing my 2 favs (ND and Cincinnati), I root for them.

Thoughts??

Trask has a great opportunity in the bowl game to really up his stock. Kyle Pitts is opting out of the bowl game and will begin preparing for the draft. If Trask comes out and still lights it up without Pitts, that would probably up his stock big time. 
Reply/Quote
Trask was the 2nd best QB on the field last night.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The question should be, "Are the Jags thinking of taking Sewell with #2, or looking to trade down for a big haul of picks?".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
With the unexpected result of the Jets winning Today I suspect they go with Sewell and stay with Darnold. Maybe they go with Chase over Sewell?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 07:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The question should be, "Are the Jags thinking of taking Sewell with #2, or looking to trade down for a big haul of picks?".

Hopefully we also look.for a haul.offer 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 09:49 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Hopefully we also look.for a haul.offer 

Well, with the Jets winning, and pushing Jax to the #1 pick, one must now wonder weather the Jets would take Sewell at #2.  If that were indeed the case, I would be all in favor of trading down a spot or few, in order to pick up a few additional picks.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 09:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, with the Jets winning, and pushing Jax to the #1 pick, one must now wonder weather the Jets would take Sewell at #2.  If that were indeed the case, I would be all in favor of trading down a spot or few, in order to pick up a few additional picks.

1st off: Jets fans are pissed

secondly: I think this brings Ja'Marr into #2 talks. The Jets have the most promising young LT in the game. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 09:25 PM)J24 Wrote: With the unexpected result of the Jets winning Today I suspect they go with Sewell and stay with Darnold. Maybe they go with Chase over Sewell?

They drafted Mekhi Becton and signed George Fant this year, so it's certainly not a slam dunk that they go in that direction.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 10:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1st off: Jets fans are pissed

secondly: I think this brings Ja'Marr into #2 talks. The Jets have the most promising young LT in the game. 

So, you don't think that a team wouldn't put an aggressive, ultra athletic Tackle like Sewell over on the Right side?  According to the experts, you can't discriminate between LT and RT in today's NFL.   Ninja

Anyway, I know that there is a small hype movement around here supporting the Bengals drafting Chase, and the Jets targeting him should put an end to that noise.  While the Bengals do need an additional WR that can be a true deep threat, they certainly don't need to be spending a 1st round pick on one, particularly when there are so many fundamental position needs.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 10:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, you don't think that a team wouldn't put an aggressive, ultra athletic Tackle like Sewell over on the Right side?  According to the experts, you can't discriminate between LT and RT in today's NFL.   Ninja

Anyway, I know that there is a small hype movement around here supporting the Bengals drafting Chase, and the Jets targeting him should put an end to that noise.  While the Bengals do need an additional WR that can be a true deep threat, they certainly don't need to be spending a 1st round pick on one, particularly when there are so many fundamental position needs.

1,000% agree

This teams downfall, and it goes back prior to the ZT debacle, is it's been getting it's ass handed to it in the trenches ! Oh we've had success against a few bottom level teams (like us) but it's fools gold. When we face top 1/2 of the league teams our O and D lines get mauled.

If Sewell is there when we draft they have to pull the trigger. If not a trade down may be in the offing ?
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 10:02 PM)Whatever Wrote: They drafted Mekhi Becton and signed George Fant this year, so it's certainly not a slam dunk that they go in that direction.

They can cut Fant very easily his contract is very easy to get out off.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 11:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: 1,000% agree

This teams downfall, and it goes back prior to the ZT debacle, is it's been getting it's ass handed to it in the trenches ! Oh we've had success against a few bottom level teams (like us) but it's fools gold. When we face top 1/2 of the league teams our O and D lines get mauled.

If Sewell is there when we draft they have to pull the trigger. If not a trade down may be in the offing ?

They could draft or acquire the best 5 bodies in the entire NFL, and it wouldn't make a difference if they don't have a brilliant OL coach to get them all orchestrated into perfect synchronicity.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 11:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They could draft or acquire the best 5 bodies in the entire NFL, and it wouldn't make a difference if they don't have a brilliant OL coach to get them all orchestrated into perfect synchronicity.

Oh I'm going on the premise that MB will fire ZT and his entire crew at seasons end. Hope
Reply/Quote
This isn’t a serious question right? Trask is a bottom of the 1st type of okay qb prospect. Fields is the #2 qb lock. And it’s isn’t close.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 08:35 AM)Jpoore Wrote: This isn’t a serious question right? Trask is a bottom of the 1st type of okay qb prospect. Fields is the #2 qb lock. And it’s isn’t close.

I don’t think Fields a lock but I don’t think Trask is going that high either.
Fields looked terrible vs Northwestern and I think you could see some thinking Wilson from BYU is the #2 QB.

I don’t think the Jets will go OT again but I don’t blame their fans for being mad. That win may have cost them a franchise changing QB.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 07:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The question should be, "Are the Jags thinking of taking Sewell with #2, or looking to trade down for a big haul of picks?".

Great question, but now it may be are Jets looking to take a QB, stay with Darnold or trade it and get more picks.

Bengals may now be looking at trading back if the can find trade partner, if Sewell is gone.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 10:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1st off: Jets fans are pissed

Yes, I think a lot of guys may be in mix for #2, I don't think Fields is one of them, unless he comes out and does great against Clemson passing the ball. Great test for Fields, Clemson healthy defense can play.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 08:35 AM)Jpoore Wrote: This isn’t a serious question right? Trask is a bottom of the 1st type of okay qb prospect. Fields is the #2 qb lock. And it’s isn’t close.

There's no guarantee of that.

Remember the 2018 draft? For most of the offseason prior to that draft, Sam Darnold was the "lock" to be 1st overall.
Mayfield was climbing, but he wasn't even the consensus 2nd QB in that class.

Looking at this year, Trask actually has a higher passing efficiency rating than Fields (186.7 vs 174.6).
Zach Wilson has a higher PER than both of them (195.4).
And as much as it may be an overreaction, Fields did not play well against Northwestern. Given it will be one of the last games he will play in college, it may cause some doubt for some teams. It would help Fields to put together a really good game against Clemson in the CFP semifinal to show that the Northwestern game was an oddity. If he performs poorly against Clemson, it could lead teams to start thinking he's in the same tier as Wilson, Trask, and Lance.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

I would love a wager, I say no way Fields is a lock as #2 QB in the draft. A lock means, not even worth a discussion. There are 3 QB's that will be in the discussion, Fields, Trask and Wilson with a 4th from a small school possibly as well named Trey Lance. I think 4 of the 5 go in first 16 picks of the draft.

I think GM's look at Haskins out of Ohio State and become very afraid. Haskins was supposed to be a can't miss QB, he looks lost.

Reply/Quote