Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trayveon over Gio?
ESPN's Mathew Barry comment from the combine.

• Spoke with a Bengals offensive coach, who said as much as they love Joe Mixon, dynasty leaguers shouldn't forget about Trayveon Williams, whom they are very high on. The coach said, "People forget, this kid led the SEC in rushing. The SEC!"

Note that he said "dynasty leaguers".  That means teams that keep the same player from year to year.  So maybe he is just saying that Trayveon will be a productive NFL RB in the future.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 03:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: ESPN's Mathew Barry comment from the combine.

• Spoke with a Bengals offensive coach, who said as much as they love Joe Mixon, dynasty leaguers shouldn't forget about Trayveon Williams, whom they are very high on. The coach said, "People forget, this kid led the SEC in rushing. The SEC!"

Note that he said "dynasty leaguers".  That means teams that keep the same player from year to year.  So maybe he is just saying that Trayveon will be a productive NFL RB in the future.

I actually really like Traveon, he has the same skill set of Gio but seems faster.

Was sad to see him go on IR last year as I was with the smooth Rodney Anderson. Rodney is injury prone it seems.
Reply/Quote
Could it possibly mean that Gio is trade bait/expendable in their eyes?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 03:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: ESPN's Mathew Barry comment from the combine.

Gio isn’t worth 5mill/year

I’d probably move on from him
Reply/Quote
If he can stay healthy (a gargantuan "if" I know), I'm higher on Rodney Anderson.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 03:54 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Could it possibly mean that Gio is trade bait/expendable in their eyes?

Love Gio but would be open to a trade no problem.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 04:00 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: If he can stay healthy (a gargantuan "if" I know), I'm higher on Rodney Anderson.

When healthy Traveon is faster but Rodney is smooth as silk. I like both, they both have great hands and vision.

Thought both were great picks as late as we got them, too bad for injuries. Rodney has had it bad man.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 04:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love Gio but would be open to a trade no problem.

I know his numbers are dismal so it could be done just to move up a spot or two bundled with a pick.

Say to move up from top round pick to the bottom of the previous round.

His contract though... oof!  It might lean more towards cutting floor.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 04:11 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote:  I know his numbers are dismal so it could be done just to move up a spot or two bundled with a pick.

Blitz pick up cannot be underestimated. Gio is still great in this aspect.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 04:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Blitz pick up cannot be underestimated. Gio is still great in this aspect.

I agree but production out of a back is significant.

It's one of the most plug-n-play positions on offense and new guys are coming out of college in hordes.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 04:11 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote:  I know his numbers are dismal so it could be done just to move up a spot or two bundled with a pick.

I could totally see the Bengals moving up from 33 to say 32 or 31, simply so that they could pick the very same guy, and have that 5th year option on his contract.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

2 ACL tears in the same knee, right? I'll keep Gio...
Reply/Quote
Mentioned this last week... Gio is over payed to be only used to pick up the blitz. Time to cut bait IMO
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 03:59 PM)2020Bengal Wrote: Gio isn’t worth 5mill/year

I’d probably move on from him

Austin Ekeler just signed  4 year/$24.5 million dollar deal.

Somebody is getting screwed.

$1.333 million dead cap. It's time to move on.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 04:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 2 ACL tears in the same knee, right? I'll keep Gio...

I think that's Rodney, but I was less than impressed with what little I saw of Traveyon ... Mixon has only played 16 games once, and as pointed out, Gio is really good in pass protection. Really I just think he's underutilized without a whole lot of creativity to boot.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Mixon is the best RB on the roster and it isn’t close.

Williams likely is Gio’s replacement, but I don’t think Gio’s contract will drive that move, it will be Williams staying healthy and getting experience. This team isn’t hurting for cap room, so Gio doesn’t need to be cut for that reason.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 04:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 2 ACL tears in the same knee, right? I'll keep Gio...

I think you are thinking of Rodney Anderson. In college he broke his leg in 2015, injured his neck before the 2016 season which caused him to miss that season, and after bring drafted in 2019 6th round by the Bengals he tore his ACL in the final preseason game and was placed in IR.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
My guess is they are hyping Trayveon because he will fill Mixon's role if they don't extend Mixon.
Bernard will remain in his COP role.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 05:26 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Austin Ekeler just signed  4 year/$24.5 million dollar deal.

Somebody is getting screwed.

$1.333 million dead cap. It's time to move on.

He's probably gonna be the lead back this season though. I wouldn't think Melvin Gordon is coming back to the Chargers.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 04:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I could totally see the Bengals moving up from 33 to say 32 or 31, simply so that they could pick the very same guy, and have that 5th year option on his contract.

True.

Gio could just be on a short list of guys here who'll be used to move around in the draft.

Like you said, they could dump money and get players on cheaper/longer deals.

To be honest Gio's deal feels really like a Brown one and not a Taylor one.

At this point who the hell really knows what Taylor is doing though.

It's not like they actually hired McVay. LOL
Reply/Quote