Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trayveon over Gio?
(03-08-2020, 05:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: My guess is they are hyping Trayveon because he will fill Mixon's role if they don't extend Mixon.
Bernard will remain in his COP role.

Very astute.  I think you are on to something here.

Rep.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 08:04 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: To be honest Gio's deal feels really like a Brown one and not a Taylor one.

Taylor saw Gurley break down at the end of the 2018 season from overuse.  Rams had to rely on Anderson a lot in the playoffs.  I assume he planned on splitting the carries more between Gio and Joe, but there just were not enough chances.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 12:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Right, Rodney. He tore his right ACL his senior year in college, then tore the same ACL in his first pre-season as a Bengal. He's never going to be healthy. Trayveon has not done much so far either. I don't think he's ready to supplant Gio quite yet.

Nick Holley had 3 ACL tears in college. Right now he's playing very good football for the Roughnecks in the XFL. 

As for Rodney Anderson, Hobson had an article recently saying hes head of schedule in his rehab. I'm not suggesting Anderson is going to come back and be a force for the Bengals but 2 ACLs isnt career ending anymore.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 01:01 PM)Synric Wrote: Nick Holley had 3 ACL tears in college. Right now he's playing very good football for the Roughnecks in the XFL. 

As for Rodney Anderson, Hobson had an article recently saying hes head of schedule in his rehab. I'm not suggesting Anderson is going to come back and be a force for the Bengals but 2 ACLs isnt career ending anymore.

Pretty amazing honestly. Nick Holley's twin brother is a good player in the CFL too. ThumbsUp

3 ACL tears is just crazy and like you said, Nick is ballin' on the Roughnecks. Best team in the XFL right now. 
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 11:29 PM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 In ZT's mind, he's better than Sean McVay... 

I'm not sure about that.

Zac seems more propped by others, than self-proclaimed.

Though taking on a first time HC position at the NFL level and also assuming game time playcalling might say otherwise.

I just don't understand how other than being somewhat affiliated with McVay... that anything he does with our team will even resemble that.

Was McVay fully consulting and shaping his team and moves based on Zac Taylor?

Anyway it will be pretty interesting to see how things develop.

Hopefully we'll be singing praises as a whole fan base and not some handful of diehards that we have now going on about eating crow.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 01:01 PM)Synric Wrote: Nick Holley had 3 ACL tears in college. Right now he's playing very good football for the Roughnecks in the XFL. 

2 ACL repairs on one knee means the probability is high he won't be able to be fixed and be worth anything if he tears it again.
Reply/Quote
Just watched Marisa interviewing Trayveon and he is a real smart guy. This is a big deal with any player as we have
seen with dull RB's like Jeremeh. I think this guy has all the talent to be a great change of pace Back for us and it is
always rough in your rookie season coming in and trying to adapt after the combine and pro day.

I have high hopes for this dude.

Rodney has just had really bad luck with all his injuries.
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals have a depth of talent at RB
That alot of NFL Teams don't have
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 10:00 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I think the Bengals have a depth of talent at RB
That alot of NFL Teams don't have

Feel the same just hope our depth can stay healthy. I have hope for Trayveon but it gets rough when a guy like Rodney has 
gone through all he has. Both are great talents and I thought were great picks that kind of cloud over the Draft we had under
Zac and his other coaches in his first year. Both Jonah and Pratt I thought were great picks at the time.

Want to see all these picks show up and do well including Sample who was a reach by most people's thoughts.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 10:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Feel the same just hope our depth can stay healthy. I have hope for Trayveon but it gets rough when a guy like Rodney has 
gone through all he has. Both are great talents and I thought were great picks that kind of cloud over the Draft we had under
Zac and his other coaches in his first year. Both Jonah and Pratt I thought were great picks at the time.

Want to see all these picks show up and do well including Sample who was a reach by most people's thoughts.
I'm wondering with Burrow now under center how much will ZT 
lean on the running game to protect him ?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 10:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Feel the same just hope our depth can stay healthy. I have hope for Trayveon but it gets rough when a guy like Rodney has 

It seems like we may have depth at RB, but do we really? Just using your post as a springboard. I liked the two RB picks as well, but how does that leave us, really? Injuries,more injuries, and then no shows behind Quick-hit-her?

Just stirring the pot , and messing about Joe. Ts, he has done everything asked of him since the draft. He definitely has won my support. 
May have to find a RB late, or a couple in udfa, just to be safe though.
Williams didn't lead the SEC in rushing, at A&M ( a predominant passing offense) ,without skills.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 11:56 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I'm wondering with Burrow now under center how much will ZT 
lean on the running game to protect him ?

I am pretty sure Zac learned last year that passing all the time is predictable and dumb if you don't have a great O-line.

I bet we lean on the running game and stick to the directional drive blocking that was working late last season.

Use Mixon in the passing game, he is a great pass catcher and so are the rest of the backs.

With the way Burrow used the RB's in the passing game I think is also something we will see much more of.

Passing to the RB's is an extension of the running game.

(03-15-2020, 12:21 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: It seems like we may have depth at RB, but do we really? Just using your post as a springboard. I liked the two RB picks as well, but how does that leave us, really? Injuries,more injuries, and then no shows behind Quick-hit-her?

Just stirring the pot , and messing about Joe. Ts, he has done everything asked of him since the draft. He definitely has won my support. 
May have to find a RB late, or a couple in udfa, just to be safe though.
Williams didn't lead the SEC in rushing, at A&M ( a predominant passing offense) ,without skills.

I am not as concerned with Trayveon as I am with Rodney. Rodney has had two ACL tears and more injuries.

What is good news is both are recovering great according to the medical staff and should be ready to go come TC from what I hear.

Both are extremely talented, Trayveon has stayed healthy for the better part of his career is the difference and yes, lead the SEC in 
rushing at A&M. I believe that these were the two most talented RB's in the last Draft and from where they were picked were steals.
Reply/Quote