Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tre Flowers re-signed
Our TE kryptonite is back.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Love me some Tre Flowers. Hopefully they play him at Safety.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I really liked this kid last year, and think he hasn't even come close to reaching his ceiling yet...
Reply/Quote
Solid signing. If they sign Gilmore or add a 1st or 2nd round corner that shows up to play, CB will be very deep.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I've long been a fan of having a "TE killer" on the roster, and this guy did his job very well last season.  I'm going to go on record with a bold prediction here: Tre Flowers might be the most improved player on defense for this upcoming season.  I said it.
Reply/Quote
Nice. Love having a big guy that can cover TEs.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 03:43 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I've long been a fan of having a "TE killer" on the roster, and this guy did his job very well last season.  I'm going to go on record with a bold prediction here: Tre Flowers might be the most improved player on defense for this upcoming season.  I said it.

The last one we had was Reggie Nelson. Then, they chose to give George Iloka a lot of money instead and they sucked at covering TEs until last year. 

It was the reason they drafted Pratt, who has improved every year, and ADG. ADG is far from a finished product but he was playing better and better before his injury. Enter Flowers and he played great outside of maybe the San Fran game where Kittle destroyed their zone. I'm not sure who was burned so much and maybe Flowers was on someone else but nobody covering Kittle had a good game.

It was that SF game with Kittle and Davante Adams 200 yards in the OT game where I felt that Lou's Zone was going to be exploited in the playoffs with facing good WR/TEs and QBs most likely at every stop. I'm glad I was wrong. I didn't count on them playing so disciplined in their assignments and Flowers had A LOT to do with that.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 12:49 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Our TE kryptonite is back.

This is exactly what I was waiting for…

Reply/Quote
Good signing.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Excellent
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 12:49 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Our TE kryptonite is back.

This is excellent news.  Well done, Bengals.  
Reply/Quote
I like some 1 year contracts, but for values like this… wouldn’t it make sense for the bengals to try and lock him up for 2-3 years?

We have brought back apple, flowers and bates all on one year deals (for now). You would think that at least 1 or 2 warrant a longer term deal.
Reply/Quote
Nice move by the team. I'm hoping that Flowers can expand upon the niche role that he played very well in last season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Great news...
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 08:13 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I like some 1 year contracts, but for values like this… wouldn’t it make sense for the bengals to try and lock him up for 2-3 years?

We have brought back apple, flowers and bates all on one year deals (for now). You would think that at least 1 or 2 warrant a longer term deal.

It’s a two way street, usually on cheaper deals players are banking on improving value to get better deals with longer terms.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 12:55 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Love me some Tre Flowers. Hopefully they play him at Safety.

Definitely. This is where I'd like to see him play.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Definitely can get behind this signing.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Bout time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Welcome Back...
Reply/Quote