Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Treadwell for Ross
(08-15-2019, 04:28 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Ocho, from the games I have seen of this Treadwell guy, I just don't see him bringing much value. And I try to watch Vikings game when possible.

The biggest issue is dropped passes. Cousins kept going back to him, but he just doesn't produce.

This is a mental issue, but I'm afraid he is damaged goods.

That's why I said in FA. Don't give up draft pick(s) for him or another player.
Could pick him up in FA depending on cost of contract and if he doesn't impress then release him. No big deal.
FWIW, I'd prefer Doctson, Fuller, or Coleman over Treadwell. Treadwell doesn't get a lot of separation and his average depth of target is 5 yards. Boyd is what Treadwell was supposed to be, which is a sure-handed, good-sized WR who is best fit in the slot but can also swing outside.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Treadwell sucks - I have yet to see a WR like him (bigger body, physical) worth drafting in the first round. The only player comparison that comes to mind is Devin Funchess and he is what I would consider to be Treadwell's upside if he gets any hands, which isn't much. The one thing John Ross has going for him is that if he ever gets healthy, he is almost the ultimate complement as a WR2/WR3 to say an AJ Green (he actually probably has the weirdest game I've seen in a WR - does all the hard things like deep routes and excels in goal line/close red zone situations, very weird combo). I still don't know why we drafted him unless people here can make the argument that the team thought Boyd would be a bust at that point in time but there is almost too much depth at skill positions to use him reliably, imo. But I doubt that we can get any value for him that would be worth trading him for what we gave up to get him.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 05:08 PM)willieFANderson Wrote: Treadwell sucks - I have yet to see a WR like him (bigger body, physical) worth drafting in the first round. The only player comparison that comes to mind is Devin Funchess and he is what I would consider to be Treadwell's upside if he gets any hands, which isn't much. The one thing John Ross has going for him is that if he ever gets healthy, he is almost the ultimate complement as a WR2/WR3 to say an AJ Green (he actually probably has the weirdest game I've seen in a WR - does all the hard things like deep routes and excels in goal line/close red zone situations, very weird combo). I still don't know why we drafted him unless people here can make the argument that the team thought Boyd would be a bust at that point in time but there is almost too much depth at skill positions to use him reliably, imo. But I doubt that we can get any value for him that would be worth trading him for what we gave up to get him.

Not sure what happened, but Treadwell was known for having great hands coming into the draft. He had 202 receptions in 3 seasons at Ole Miss.
Treadwell's big concern was how extremely slow he was (is).

As to your John Ross comment, what do you mean you don't know why he was drafted? It's been stated many times. He was seen as a guy who could stretch the field and open up underneath routes for the other receivers. Plus, he had elite quickness and a knack for getting into the end zone.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 05:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not sure what happened, but Treadwell was known for having great hands coming into the draft. He had 202 receptions in 3 seasons at Ole Miss.

As to your John Ross comment, what do you mean you don't know why he was drafted? It's been stated many times. He was seen as a guy who could stretch the field and open up underneath routes for the other receivers. Plus, he had elite quickness and a knack for getting into the end zone.

sounds like  bolden without the hands.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 05:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: sounds like  bolden without the hands.

Boldin was one of the comparisons for Treadwell actually.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 04:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think "non-factor" is a bit extreme.
2017 - 502 yards, 6 TDs
2018 - 532 yards, 2 TDs

That's WR3 caliber, which is what the Bengals need if they extend AJ Green.

Imagine what he could do if he didn't disappear for half the season... Although I do believe he missed a good chunk of his rookie year because of injury. I assume that's why 2016 was left out.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 10:35 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, some of these "shock and awe" type of thread titles are getting a bit out of hand.  Like the one about someone being hurt for the year, just the other day.  Save the bogus headlines for the Facebook groups..

Agree, misleading titles have no place in this forum
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 09:56 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Would you trade a 2016 penny for a 2017 penny?

Good analogy?

But I would trade a 2016 penny to get a 2016 dollar bill. In this case, it seems like treadwell has value of a penny and Ross a nickel, so bad idea.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 05:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not sure what happened, but Treadwell was known for having great hands coming into the draft. He had 202 receptions in 3 seasons at Ole Miss.

The context of what I said about Ross was team need (i.e. why did we feel the need to draft a WR in the first round when we have Green and someone we drafted in the second round the year before, even if he was really good). There were a lot of players I felt that we could have picked (this was my feeling before Ross was drafted, not hindsight bias) that could have helped out our team more. The one thing that could be said though is that it was a weird draft and I think a lot of people at the time would have been angry if we picked another secondary player in the first.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 05:08 PM)willieFANderson Wrote: I still don't know why we drafted him unless people here can make the argument that the team thought Boyd would be a bust at that point in time but there is almost too much depth at skill positions to use him reliably, imo. But I doubt that we can get any value for him that would be worth trading him for what we gave up to get him.

Boyd and Ross were drafted to replace Sanu and Jones.

Bengals wanted a WR the previous year (2016), but Coleman went too high and three (Fuller, Doctson and Treadwell) were selected with three picks before ours.

So in 2017, we took Ross. Was he supposed to be the future X? No one knows. But he was drafted to replace Marvin Jones.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 05:41 PM)willieFANderson Wrote: The context of what I said about Ross was team need (i.e. why did we feel the need to draft a WR in the first round when we have Green and someone we drafted in the second round the year before, even if he was really good). There were a lot of players I felt that we could have picked (this was my feeling before Ross was drafted, not hindsight bias) that could have helped out our team more. The one thing that could be said though is that it was a weird draft and I think a lot of people at the time would have been angry if we picked another secondary player in the first.

The team need was to have a field stretcher and RZ threat.
I agree that a WR wasn't as much of a need as, say, a DE or TE at the time, but the team felt it really needed a field stretcher and RZ threat.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 03:22 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: smh, damn bengal fans.  its sad really.  noone here is making a case for being able to trade ross for a 1200 yard receiver, im not even making a case for another wide receiver, i want a linebacker.  and theres plent of middle of the road linebackers we could probably trade ross for who would help this awful linebacker group.  Just for S & G something like John ross for alec ogletree.  just off the top of my head.  dont be ridiculous bro.  its pathetic.  teams will still see the "potential" in ross and wanna try to make him into something although they will fail we should trade him before he has another crap season and all that value is gone and we are left with nothing from out 9th overall pick.   

Ogletree just got to the Giants this year.  So they either signed him or traded for him this year.  What makes you think they  would trade him?   Maybe there are others on your list that could actually happen.  There are plenty, so name a couple, please.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 09:37 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Vikings have made Laquan Treadwell available. I remember a lot of people wanting him on here so would you support a trade involving Ross for Treadwell?

Nah, but i would support a trade of your sig with absolutely ANYTHING else, so i don't have to keep looking at that DAMN face!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 10:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: NO way in hell.  If I were to trade Ross, it would have to be somewhere like the Redskins for their LT.  And that would only be if they were REALLY sold on how Glenn looked in very brief action at LG.  

At this point, I would trade Bust Ross for a 5th rounder and an equipment manager with a perfect attendance award. No one is giving up even a 2nd string tackle for a 1st round bust who can't make a practice due to continuously being hurt. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 03:22 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: smh, damn bengal fans.  its sad really.  noone here is making a case for being able to trade ross for a 1200 yard receiver, im not even making a case for another wide receiver, i want a linebacker.  and theres plent of middle of the road linebackers we could probably trade ross for who would help this awful linebacker group.  Just for S & G something like John ross for alec ogletree.  just off the top of my head.  dont be ridiculous bro.  its pathetic.  teams will still see the "potential" in ross and wanna try to make him into something although they will fail we should trade him before he has another crap season and all that value is gone and we are left with nothing from out 9th overall pick.   

you seem to think we are going to get a starter quality guy at a different position for someone you don't even think is good enough to be on our team...   That's called Delusion
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately for Ross, Malone & Tate & Erickson are already playing better than him.  Willis and Morgan seem to be very talented to even replace our incumbent "rookies". Core will be playing somewhere else.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 05:35 PM)jason Wrote: Imagine what he could do if he didn't disappear for half the season... Although I do believe he missed a good chunk of his rookie year because of injury. I assume that's why 2016 was left out.

Doctson's rookie year was left out because he only played in 2 games with 0 starts. He had a 57 yard catch and a 9 yard catch in those two games.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 10:02 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Unfortunately for Ross, Malone & Tate & Erickson are already playing better than him.  Willis and Morgan seem to be very talented to even replace our incumbent "rookies". Core will be playing somewhere else.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Is Malone really playing better than Ross though?
Malone has been in the league as long as Ross has and only has 75 yards and 1 TD in regular season games.
And if you're referring to these two preseason games thus far, Malone is actually getting outshined by Tate, Willis, and Morgan. Malone only has 3 receptions for 36 yards in the preseason thus far.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
TBH with how well our WR's have been playing I don't even think we need Ross at this point.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I’ll give them Cody Core for him, that’s about it.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote