Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Treasury Sec tried to use airforce plane for honeymoon
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/treasury-secretary-mnuchin-requested-government-jet-european-honeymoon/story?id=49777076

Mnuchin and his wife were under scrutiny a few weeks ago after his wife posted a photo from their trip to Kentucky of her getting off a government plane flaunting designer brands. A user responded, criticizing her for using government resources for personal trips which resulted in his wife mocking the woman for not being as wealthy as her, including a piece about the government not paying for their honeymoon. Many criticized them for going to Kentucky for the purpose of seeing the eclipse, under the guise of official government business.

It turns out they at least tried to get some government assistance with their honeymoon to Europe. They requested the use of an airforce plane, at the cost of $25k an hour to tax payers, to fly them around Europe for their personal trip.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-14-2017, 09:31 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/treasury-secretary-mnuchin-requested-government-jet-european-honeymoon/story?id=49777076

Mnuchin and his wife were under scrutiny a few weeks ago after his wife posted a photo from their trip to Kentucky of her getting off a government plane flaunting designer brands. A user responded, criticizing her for using government resources for personal trips which resulted in his wife mocking the woman for not being as wealthy as her, including a piece about the government not paying for their honeymoon. Many criticized them for going to Kentucky for the purpose of seeing the eclipse, under the guise of official government business.

It turns out they at least tried to get some government assistance with their honeymoon to Europe. They requested the use of an airforce plane, at the cost of $25k an hour to tax payers, to fly them around Europe for their personal trip.

But, it is the welfare queens with a sense of entitlement.

His wife later apologized to her credit.
He planned on paying for it with all the money from defunding Meals on wheels....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Maybe we can charge these people $35,000 an hour and make a little money off of it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Anyone know if the Trump campaign/RNC has paid for the use of AF1 and all the accompanying fun for Trump's trip to talk about his tax plan, I believe it was? Because he called out opposing politicians by name, it was by law a campaign stop and so they have to fork over the cash. I think it was that speech, anyway. There have been so many violations of rules, laws, and ethics with this administration I have a hard time keeping up.
(09-14-2017, 12:18 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Anyone know if the Trump campaign/RNC has paid for the use of AF1 and all the accompanying fun for Trump's trip to talk about his tax plan, I believe it was? Because he called out opposing politicians by name, it was by law a campaign stop and so they have to fork over the cash. I think it was that speech, anyway. There have been so many violations of rules, laws, and ethics with this administration I have a hard time keeping up.

I think as long as you work in some official business somewhere, you are in the clear.  

I don't know how calling out people who oppose your plan by name is a campaign stop.  If it is, that's a goofy rule.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-14-2017, 01:01 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I think as long as you work in some official business somewhere, you are in the clear.  

Not according to folks who are familiar with the rules. It has happened in other administrations, and the campaign fund or the national committee has to cut a check.

(09-14-2017, 01:01 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't know how calling out people who oppose your plan by name is a campaign stop.  If it is, that's a goofy rule.

You can't name them by name. You can say "the democrats" or "the republicans" or what have you, but when you get specific as to an individual it gets into campaigning territory. I have heard some speech writers talking about Obama wanting to get more specific in the language and the lawyers always coming back and saying "if you don't tone it down, the DNC will have to pay for this trip."
This isn't right and he should be held accountable
(09-14-2017, 09:48 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: But, it is the welfare queens with a sense of entitlement.

His wife later apologized to her credit.

How does one apologize to their credit? Does it require contacting Equifax? Because that's just not happening. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
(09-14-2017, 04:45 PM)PhilHos Wrote: How does one apologize to their credit? Does it require contacting Equifax? Because that's just not happening. Ninja

Hilarious 

She apologized after she got caught. Hilarious Yea, that was mighty white of her.
(09-14-2017, 05:22 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Yea, that was mighty white of her.

Racist.