Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trench Warfare Top O-line Rankings
Here is the current rankings by the guy I believe is the #1 expert on offensive lineman in the business:

OT’s

1. Penei Sewell, Oregon (9.0)

2. Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State (8.5)

3. Rashawn Slater, Northwestern (8.4)

4. Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech (8.3)

5. Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame (8.0)

6. Alex Leatherwood, Alabama (7.9)

7. Brady Christensen, BYU (7.8)

8. Samuel Cosmi, Texas (7.8)

8. Walker Little, Stanford (7.6)

9. Jalen Mayfield, Michigan (7.5)

10. Dillon Radunz, North Dakota St. (7.4)

11. James Hudson, Cincinnati (7.3)

12. D'Ante Smith, East Carolina (6.9)

IOL’s

1. Landon Dickerson, Alabama (8.7)

2. Alijah Vera-Tucker, USC (8.6)

3. Creed Humphrey, Oklahoma (8.1)

4. Wyatt Davis, Ohio State (7.9)

5. Quinn Meinerz, Wisconsin Whitewater (7.8)

6. Aaron Banks, Notre Dame (7.7)

7. Deonte Brown, Alabama (7.6)

8. Jackson Carman, Clemson (7.5)

9. Trey Smith, Tennessee (7.5)

10. Josh Myers, Ohio State (7.5)

11. Royce Newman, Mississippi (7.4)

12. Ben Cleveland, Georgia (7.4)

13. Michal Menet, Penn State (7.0)

Thorn does his ratings without any concerns about medicals (rightly or wrongly).

Personally, Dickerson is the one I want as he can play the C & G positions and is so laughably dominant. Without the medical concerns, I think he would have gotten the Quinton Nelson treatment amongst this class.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 05:20 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: Personally, Dickerson is the one I want as he can play the C & G positions and is so laughably dominant.  Without the medical concerns, I think he would have gotten the Quinton Nelson treatment amongst this class.

I'm a huge Dickerson fan. He brings the perfect personality on and off the field as a mauler between the whistles and a Joker in the locker room. He's a leader that you could build your offensive line around....The Injury history is the only thing keeping him out of the top 20ish.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 05:38 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm a huge Dickerson fan. He brings the perfect personality on and off the field as a mauler between the whistles and a Joker in the locker room. He's a leader that you could build your offensive line around....The Injury history is the only thing keeping him out of the top 20ish.

My dream scenario is trading back from 5 far enough to pick up a mid to late second and picking up Slater/Darrisaw/Sewell (whomever falls far enough), Meinerz, and Dickerson.  Adding those 3 would transform the Oline and set the Bengals up for long term success.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 07:34 PM)Burma Wrote: My dream scenario is trading back from 5 far enough to pick up a mid to late second and picking up Slater/Darrisaw/Sewell (whomever falls far enough), Meinerz, and Dickerson.  Adding those 3 would transform the Oline and set the Bengals up for long term success.

An OL like that would put this offense over the top for years to come. I would be happy to end up with those 3 guys. We need it. 
Reply/Quote
I'd love to see Banks or Meinerz slide into the 3rd for us. It might be a tad unrealistic, but not impossible.
Reply/Quote
POTATAS !

[Image: th?id=OIP.JRXNSndMk-p7sR8fTQM54AAAAA&pid...=199&h=157]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
No Alaric Jackson? Personally, I’d have him right up there with Eichenberg. He was just as good as Tristan Wirfs when they were both at Iowa and you know how good Wirfs is now.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 05:20 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: Here is the current rankings by the guy I believe is the #1 expert on offensive lineman in the business:

OT’s

1. Penei Sewell, Oregon (9.0)

2. Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State (8.5)

3. Rashawn Slater, Northwestern (8.4)

4. Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech (8.3)

5. Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame (8.0)

6. Alex Leatherwood, Alabama (7.9)

7. Brady Christensen, BYU (7.8)

8. Samuel Cosmi, Texas (7.8)

8. Walker Little, Stanford (7.6)

9. Jalen Mayfield, Michigan (7.5)

10. Dillon Radunz, North Dakota St. (7.4)

11. James Hudson, Cincinnati (7.3)

12. D'Ante Smith, East Carolina (6.9)

IOL’s

1. Landon Dickerson, Alabama (8.7)

2. Alijah Vera-Tucker, USC (8.6)

3. Creed Humphrey, Oklahoma (8.1)

4. Wyatt Davis, Ohio State (7.9)

5. Quinn Meinerz, Wisconsin Whitewater (7.8)

6. Aaron Banks, Notre Dame (7.7)

7. Deonte Brown, Alabama (7.6)

8. Jackson Carman, Clemson (7.5)

9. Trey Smith, Tennessee (7.5)

10. Josh Myers, Ohio State (7.5)

11. Royce Newman, Mississippi (7.4)

12. Ben Cleveland, Georgia (7.4)

13. Michal Menet, Penn State (7.0)

Thorn does his ratings without any concerns about medicals (rightly or wrongly).

Personally, Dickerson is the one I want as he can play the C & G positions and is so laughably dominant.  Without the medical concerns, I think he would have gotten the Quinton Nelson treatment amongst this class.

He needs to update his list because Spencer Brown is as good as half or more on that list of OT's
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 12:14 PM)pulses Wrote: He needs to update his list because Spencer Brown is as good as half or more on that list of OT's

Spencer Brown needs alot of work. At the Senior Bowl he looked good in 1 on 1s but when it came to team drills and the game he had alot of bad. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 12:46 PM)Synric Wrote: Spencer Brown needs alot of work. At the Senior Bowl he looked good in 1 on 1s but when it came to team drills and the game he had alot of bad. 

Dude has a 3rd round grade and some on that list are below that
Reply/Quote
Does he break them down by scheme?
Reply/Quote
Well look at my boy Meinerz sitting in the 5th position. That Senior Bowl really propelled him from an unheard of D-3 player to where he sits now.
Reply/Quote
Interesting, haven’t heard of Thorn before but I always like to see different rankings to see if there’s an overall consensus on certain players. I usually use Daniel Jeremiah from NFL network as my go to. Biggest differences is Jeremiah had Mayfield as his 3rd overall tackle / 27th prospect overall. He’s pretty similar at interior just had Alijah Vera-Tucker #1 but Dickerson is his 2nd interior /41st overall and interestingly he had Quinn Meinerz 3rd overall interior/44th overall. A guy who intrigues me is Trey Smith but he seems to not get a ton of love from the draft guys.
Reply/Quote
Slater after pro day has moved in many boards to top 10 pick and right behind Sewell and for some have him more versatile with playing all 5 positions .
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2021, 11:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well look at my boy Meinerz sitting in the 5th position. That Senior Bowl really propelled him from an unheard of D-3 player to where he sits now.

His attitude about the whole deal really solidified him as that loveable under dog people eat up, the fact that he backed it up in spades with his play sealed the deal.  Was really glad to see that his in ability to actually play in the game hasn't hurt him.

Btw, is this Florida State's DT he is brutalizing here?

Stupid twitter i don't know how to embed

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2021, 07:15 PM)Burma Wrote: His attitude about the whole deal really solidified him as that loveable under dog people eat up, the fact that he backed it up in spades with his play sealed the deal.  Was really glad to see that his in ability to actually play in the game hasn't hurt him.

Btw, is this Florida State's DT he is brutalizing here?

Stupid twitter i don't know how to embed

It was good execution of a peel and seal, no brutalization happening on that play.  However, it is a good example of how he can accurately and efficiently carry out his instructions, without tripping over his own two feet in the process.  +1 for Meinerz for good brain and athleticism.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2021, 07:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It was good execution of a peel and seal, no brutalization happening on that play.  However, it is a good example of how he can accurately and efficiently carry out his instructions, without tripping over his own two feet in the process.  +1 for Meinerz for good brain and athleticism.

Meant the little extra love towards the end of the play. Such a bully.

Reply/Quote
Everyone talks about Meinerz but one of the best surprises at the Senior Bowl was ECU OT D'Ante Smith. He weighed in a 6'5 294 and 35 inch arms 85 inch wing span st his pro day he got up to 305 but he played last year at about 274 so this guy is still growing into his frame.

Here is a nice recovery rep from Smith using quick feet and his length.

Here is some Zone Run scheme Smith vs Florida State's Janarius Robinson power at the point of attack and some finish.

Smith vs Miami's Quincy Roche 1 on 1.

Here is a rep at guard during team drills he pulls around the left side of the formation.

Smith vs USC's  Marlon Tuipulotu 1 on 1.

Smith vs Quincy Roche again in a zone run blocking rep.

D'Ante Smith will likely go in the 4th round as a developmental tackle because he is still adding muscle to his frame and needs to refine his technique but he is a long OT with great feet and natural power that fits a zone blocking scheme.

Reply/Quote
I'm surprised that Cosmi isn't higher. His pro day was something else. 
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 12:12 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: No Alaric Jackson?  Personally, I’d have him right up there with Eichenberg.  He was just as good as Tristan Wirfs when they were both at Iowa and you know how good Wirfs is now.

From what I've seen, Jackson is being considered a Day 3 guy because of his lack of length.
I have him as a sleeper target though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote