Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trends in Bengals prospect visits
Here's a list that Cincy Jungle has compiled of the prospect visits.
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/3/5/17080570/nfl-draft-2018-cincinnati-bengals-pro-day-combine-visit-tracker

My observations in the players the Bengals have visited:
- In terms of first-round prospects, Bengals have met with McGlinchey, Vea, Payne, Key, Bryan, Ragnow, and Price. This gives me high confidence they are going trenches for 1st pick. And I'd expect (at least) one OL and DL to be selected within the first two days.
- I haven't seen any mention of early-round prospect visits for QB, LB, WR, or RB. I think this gives confidence they will wait until Day 3 to address these positions.
- The only TE the Bengals have met with so far that's considered an early-round prospect is Hayden Hurst. This makes me think they won't consider TE early unless a really good one happens to be clear BPA.
- The only safety prospect I've seen mentioned is Trayvon Henderson, who is considered a Day 3 pick. However, we know the Bengals are looking for a safety as they tried to sign Kurt Coleman and also met with Eric Reid. So I think the earliest they consider a safety is 3rd rd.
- They have met with or attended Pro Days for a couple 2nd/3rd round CB prospects in Donte Jackson and Duke Dawson. Hard to tell how much they are prioritizing CB with Jones gone and Dennard in contract year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They also worked out safety Dane Cruikshank from az or asu. They don’t always bring in their targets for visits either.

I expect them to look at a skill position in 1. I will not be surprised to hear Davenport, jaire Alexander or Lamar Jackson, among others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I saw on Path To The Draft 2 nights ago, that Vander Esch will be coming in for a visit. Also seem to remember Harrison coming also.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 12:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I saw on Path To The Draft 2 nights ago, that Vander Esch will be coming in for a visit. Also seem to remember Harrison coming also.

Good to know if true. Will keep an eye out.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I hope you are right. I also think that Payne and Harrison could be targeted in round 2.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Apparently they really like Mike McGlinchey.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 12:52 PM)Synric Wrote: Apparently they really like Mike McGlinchey.

If they are able to get McGlinchey and Ragnow, I'll be one happy guy!
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 01:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If they are able to get McGlinchey and Ragnow, I'll be one happy guy!

Can't see it happening unless they move up for McGlinchey.

I would personally be upset if they did.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 02:03 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Can't see it happening unless they move up for McGlinchey.

Yea I should have clarified McGlinchey at 21.
I don't want them to trade up if it means giving up a Day 2 pick.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 02:03 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Can't see it happening unless they move up for McGlinchey.

I do not see them trading up.  And the odds are that McGlinchey will be gone.   But there is a chance he'll still be there.  As long as they get  a top center and another quality trench guy - from either side of the ball I'll be happy.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 02:30 PM)3wt Wrote: I do not see them trading up.  And the odds are that McGlinchey will be gone.   But there is a chance he'll still be there.  As long as they get  a top center and another quality trench guy - from either side of the ball I'll be happy.

My gut feeling is that the following positions will be addressed within the first four rounds:
C, OT/OG, DE, DT, DB

I can see that changing primarily if there's a clear BPA that has "fallen" to the Bengals in which they can't pass up.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This is all good news to me, we need to get much better at running the ball and stopping the run and it all starts in the trenches.

Ragnow or Price, gotta get one of these guys.

In the history of the Draft, Centers fall to the 2nd but man, i don't want to gamble on that this time. Once we get one of these
Centers the rest is gravy in my opinion. That is why i hope we trade back from 21 grab Ragnow and add another mid round pick.

If we take a DT it tells me a lot on how the coaches feel about Billings. I doubt we take a DT at 21, End? Yeah i could see this.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 02:30 PM)3wt Wrote: I do not see them trading up.  And the odds are that McGlinchey will be gone.   But there is a chance he'll still be there.  As long as they get  a top center and another quality trench guy - from either side of the ball I'll be happy.

Actually just saw Bucky Brook's mock at NFL.com and he has McGlinchey as the last pick of the 1st rd. Take it with a grain of salt, because I just can't see that happening.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 02:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is all good news to me, we need to get much better at running the ball and stopping the run and it all starts in the trenches.

In the history of the Draft, Centers fall to the 2nd but man, i don't want to gamble on that this time. Once we get one of these
Centers the rest is gravy in my opinion. That is why i hope we trade back from 21 grab Ragnow and add another mid round pick.

If we take a DT it tells me a lot on how the coaches feel about Billings. I doubt we take a DT at 21, End? Yeah i could see this.

If we do DE I would love to get Davenport....him  coming at you on 3rd down would be nasty with the others we already have.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 04:04 PM)pulses Wrote: If we do DE I would love to get Davenport....him  coming at you on 3rd down would be nasty with the others we already have.

Yeah, would like Davenport or Landry.

Then grab Ragnow or Price in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 01:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If they are able to get McGlinchey and Ragnow, I'll be one happy guy!

(04-13-2018, 02:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yea I should have clarified McGlinchey at 21.
I don't want them to trade up if it means giving up a Day 2 pick.
We apparently just had him in town and took him to dinner downtown somewhere, so it looks like we think there's a good chance that he could be available.  

I hope we don't take him just because I think there's quality tackles available later, and, regardless, I think Pollack might be able to improve Fisher's play, so we need to address other positions of need and not waste the pick.
(04-13-2018, 02:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is all good news to me, we need to get much better at running the ball and stopping the run and it all starts in the trenches.

Definitely need to get better at running the ball and just controlling the line to keep Andy comfortable and able to make plays.

If we can't get Reid, I'd still love Derwin James, but that's more of me wanting the flashy pick and assuming that we could get a quality right tackle later to at least compete because offensive line needs to be our top priority.  I'd say guard, but it sounds like we might be happy with Redmond and Westerman.  

I want Ragnow over Price just because Price's injury does scare me (even though it might appear to be fine, everyone knows our luck with these types of things and I'm just not sure I want to risk it).

I'd be mad with a DT in the first because I was impressed with Billings and, even if a player drafted is an upgrade, I don't think it would be nearly a big enough upgrade to avoid other positions of need.
Reply/Quote
Also met with Sam Hubbard
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 04:00 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Actually just saw Bucky Brook's mock at NFL.com and he has McGlinchey as the last pick of the 1st rd. Take it with a grain of salt, because I just can't see that happening.

Gil Brandt just predicted (almost guaranteed) a couple days ago that McGlichey is going in the Top 10 Shocked
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2018, 12:20 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Gil Brandt just predicted (almost guaranteed) a couple days ago that McGlichey is going in the Top 10 Shocked

No way.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote