Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trent Taylor
Don't know if someone else made a thread for this and I missed it, but he's been a problem the last 2 weeks.

Last week he had two fair catches with at least 7 yards of cushion. This week he fumbles.

They need to figure out what's happened the last 2 weeks and fix it because you can't have the return game potentially being the reason you lose.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 05:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Don't know if someone else made a thread for this and I missed it, but he's been a problem the last 2 weeks.

Last week he had two fair catches with at least 7 yards of cushion. This week he fumbles.

They need to figure out what's happened the last 2 weeks and fix it because you can't have the return game potentially being the reason you lose.

He's been an issue for sure. I remember a punt in the Ravens game I believe and he fair caught it and I was like WTF? There was nobody near him. Don't want another 49ers game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That fumble was absolutely horrendous. The ball was coming out before he even got touched.

The days of having an actual threat like Pacman back there feel like a million years ago.

Reply/Quote
It's incredible to me that we can't find a punt returner who can just...field the ball...and not fumble or muff it.
Reply/Quote
The complicating thing is, that his other 2 returns were good.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Chris Evans why can't he return punts? Did we try him out there.. I can't remember.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
i would at least sit him this week. Send a message. He has had some nice returns too but fumbling can not be tolerated, especially when you fumble without even getting hit.
Reply/Quote
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the other guy back there wwith the returner supposed to watch the field and holler about whether to fair catch or not?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 06:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the other guy back there wwith the returner supposed to watch the field and holler about whether to fair  catch or not?

I think you're thinking about kick returns?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 06:32 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Chris Evans why can't he return punts? Did we try him out there.. I can't remember.

With his lack of touches in the offense and the lack of kick return opportunities due to kickers more often than not booming it over his head, I’m surprised they haven’t tried him there. I know KR and PR are two different “specialties” but I’d like to see them try and get Evans more involved. 1.5 years in the league and I feel like he’s been criminally underutilized on this team.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 06:55 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think you're thinking about kick returns?

Probably...
Reply/Quote
Bring Trenton Irwin up from the ps and give him a shot. Has good speed and good hands. Dude is not afraid to take a hit.

Reply/Quote
I remember him being really good last year, and he does do a good job when he returns it and doesn’t fumble. The fair catches have been head scratchers. Even the English guy on here was like wtf? I’m not sure why him being English makes a difference but it just does.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 07:19 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Bring Trenton Irwin up from the ps and give him a shot. Has good speed and good hands. Dude is not afraid to take a hit.

Well, until last week, the feeling was that Trent Taylor had great hands. Maybe this miss was the odd exception that sometimes happens.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 06:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The complicating thing is, that his other 2 returns were good.

Even the fumbled one was returned well.

I'm not worried, this is another knee-jerk thread.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 05:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Don't know if someone else made a thread for this and I missed it, but he's been a problem the last 2 weeks.

Noticed this as well. It seems as if I see this around the league a lot more as well over the past year or so…much different from the old “plant your feet on the 10 “
Reply/Quote
the way the kick/punt returns are in the NFL after the yardage change, it doesnt matter much.
Reply/Quote

I liked Trent cause he was supposed to be sure handed but he was losing that fumble before the guy even hit him.

Definitely a need for concern, bad technique in carrying the ball and he is really small anyways. This cannot happen.

Trent Taylor is still a good Returner though, he will get this fixed, pretty damn sure.
Reply/Quote
Trent has the job the same reason Erickson had it so long

He doesnt(didn’t) fumble.

Zac prioritizes having the ball over trying to return. To me id like that if you told me our special teams unit would have maybe less than 3 fumbles all year. If we exceed those 3 fumbles then i feel as if the strategy isn’t worth it. I’d rather try and return some if we’re gonna fumble anyway.

But with that said Trent has been reliable so far so I’m not killing him over one fluke fumble
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 07:10 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: With his lack of touches in the offense and the lack of kick return opportunities due to kickers more often than not booming it over his head, I’m surprised they haven’t tried him there. I know KR and PR are two different “specialties” but I’d like to see them try and get Evans more involved. 1.5 years in the league and I feel like he’s been criminally underutilized on this team.

Burkhead 2.0?
Reply/Quote