Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trenton Irwin is Such an Amazing Person!
I had to take a a minute to let Bengals nation know how amazing Trenton Irwin is as a player and a person.

The details may be a little off, but my niece and her friend met him at training camp a couple years ago and were instant fans.  He was so friendly and signed autographs.  A little while later, the girls were waiting at the stadium where players exit in their cars.  Trenton was one of the players to drive by and he stopped to talk to them and sign things.  The girls noticed that he had a fishing rod in the back of his car.  They went back down again, but this time with signs [somewhat joking] asking if he would take them fishing.  Trenton again stopped to talk to them and joked with them about the sign.  Then, unbelievably, he reached out to the other girl's mom and told her he wanted to take them fishing when he got back from San Fran.  So on Monday, he actually made it happen!

It's just incredible how he went out of his way multiple times to interact with these girls!  He made a memory of a lifetime for them.  It is so easy to root for this team with players like this.  Trenton made fans for life!

[Image: 396883181_10219153183779566_177423793241...e=654600C4]

[Image: 397292907_10219153183499559_826777386575...e=6546AAC9]

[Image: 397290244_10219153183699564_973306872546...e=6546E290]
Reply/Quote
I wish I was in a position to be able to make peoples days like these guys can do. I mean, why would you not?

Cool stuff right there.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I never realized Greta Thunberg was a Bengals fan. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
He’s a ladies man
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
What a great guy! He is easy to like for sure and seems to make plays when given the opportunity. Great story!
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 10:01 AM)BleedNOrange Wrote: I had to take a a minute to let Bengals nation know how amazing Trenton Irwin is as a player and a person.

The details may be a little off, but my niece and her friend met him at training camp a couple years ago and were instant fans.  He was so friendly and signed autographs.  A little while later, the girls were waiting at the stadium where players exit in their cars.  Trenton was one of the players to drive by and he stopped to talk to them and sign things.  The girls noticed that he had a fishing rod in the back of his car.  They went back down again, but this time with signs [somewhat joking] asking if he would take them fishing.  Trenton again stopped to talk to them and joked with them about the sign.  Then, unbelievably, he reached out to the other girl's mom and told her he wanted to take them fishing when he got back from San Fran.  So on Monday, he actually made it happen!

It's just incredible how he went out of his way multiple times to interact with these girls!  He made a memory of a lifetime for them.  It is so easy to root for this team with players like this.  Trenton made fans for life!

[Image: 396883181_10219153183779566_177423793241...e=654600C4]

[Image: 397292907_10219153183499559_826777386575...e=6546AAC9]

[Image: 397290244_10219153183699564_973306872546...e=6546E290]

Was gonna say, "this must be the pic of the Pumpkinseed he posted yesterday!"

Lo and behold, it is: being an absolutely avid fisherman and a half, if I were in his shoes, believe you me I'd do this every spare day I'd have lol.

If money wasn't an object, I would've travelled to like 25 different countries by now to fish.

A wonderful job by Trenton, great guy AF.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Good football player.

Just finds a way to make impact

Whether it’s getting good field position on a punt or catching a seam/slant. Hes the best WR4 you could ask for. Hes also the main WR blocker on a lot of runs and screens. Just absorbed Morgan’s role.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
He's very down to earth, and has stated he realizes his career in the NFL could be gone tomorrow, so he's going to take every chance to interact with fans that he can. Glad to have him on the team.
Reply/Quote
Driving around with a fishing pole in the backseat sounds like my kinda guy lol. This is really cool second story I've seen like this about Trenton Irwin recently. The other was him teaching someone to drive.

What's the over/under on Sled being at the stadium this week with a sign that says Trenton Irwin take me fishing? I bet he even uses glitter.  Ninja
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 11:00 AM)Synric Wrote: Driving around with a fishing pole in the backseat sounds like my kinda guy lol. This is really cool second story I've seen like this about Trenton Irwin recently. The other was him teaching someone to drive.

What's the over/under on Sled being at the stadium this week with a sign that says Trenton Irwin take me fishing? I bet he even uses glitter.  Ninja

I've had my pen rod in my car for the past 4 years lol. Have actually cracked it out half a dozen times too
Reply/Quote
Is that Jason Vorhees in the water?

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 11:19 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I've had my pen rod in my car for the past 4 years lol. Have actually cracked it out half a dozen times too

Is that what the kids are calling it nowadays? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 12:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Is that what the kids are calling it nowadays? Ninja

https://www.amazon.com/Lixada-Fishing-Collapsible-Telescopic-Spinning/dp/B07J65XS3L/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=pen%2Bfishing%2Bpole&qid=1698765573&sr=8-3&th=1

[Image: 61geBo3vOBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 12:20 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: https://www.amazon.com/Lixada-Fishing-Collapsible-Telescopic-Spinning/dp/B07J65XS3L/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=pen%2Bfishing%2Bpole&qid=1698765573&sr=8-3&th=1

[Image: 61geBo3vOBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg]

My wife uses a similar item. Ninja
Reply/Quote
You know, if she used a full-sized rod and reel, she's probably have more success Wink
Reply/Quote
Great guy alright. Saw where he was teaching the one gal to drive as well. Velveeta has been making some nice plays too as
of late. Good Punt Returner, runs great routes, has great hands and is a good blocker. Still excited to see Chuck Sizzle back but
TI sure just does the small things to help us win.

But that is cool taking those gals fishing. What kind of fish is that? A croppy or something? I only have trout around where I live.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 11:00 AM)Synric Wrote: Driving around with a fishing pole in the backseat sounds like my kinda guy lol. This is really cool second story I've seen like this about Trenton Irwin recently. The other was him teaching someone to drive.

Naw, I like my players, but I'm not much into the fanboy stuff. Now, I could go hang out with Burrow Hubbard and Reader at The Precinct, them maybe. Cool
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 04:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great guy alright. Saw where he was teaching the one gal to drive as well. Velveeta has been making some nice plays too as
of late. Good Punt Returner, runs great routes, has great hands and is a good blocker. Still excited to see Chuck Sizzle back but
TI sure just does the small things to help us win.

But that is cool taking those gals fishing. What kind of fish is that? A croppy or something? I only have trout around where I live.

Crappie*, not Croppy. Hate the misnomers that have been parrotted around for fish for decades (not your fault, Nate lol: it's a problem here in Canada too), but Crappie are related to the fish in the pic.

And the fish in the pic is a Pumpkinseed (the most-commonly found Sunfish in NA).

Almost every single body of water that is part of a river watershed here in Ontario (so only pool-like lakes, that have no inflow/outflow, like what you guys have in the Mountain states, are not part of rivers), has Pumpkinseed in it. If your hook is small-enough, it is easily the easiest fish to catch in North America lol.

EDIT* actually, on a second look, that looks like a Bluegill (notice the blue spot around the gills)... which is the second most-common Sunfish lol. These are everywhere from Lake Simcoe and east, in Ontario and there are a few lakes around the Muskokas (where I normally fish) that hold them.

They grow just a bit bigger on average than Pumpkinseed, though they fight MUCH harder (but since they are still small, they don't put up much of a fight lol).
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 08:41 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Crappie*, not Croppy. Hate the misnomers that have been parrotted around for fish for decades (not your fault, Nate lol: it's a problem here in Canada too), but Crappie are related to the fish in the pic.

And the fish in the pic is a Pumpkinseed (the most-commonly found Sunfish in NA).

Almost every single body of water that is part of a river watershed here in Ontario (so only pool-like lakes, that have no inflow/outflow, like what you guys have in the Mountain states, are not part of rivers), has Pumpkinseed in it. If your hook is small-enough, it is easily the easiest fish to catch in North America lol.

EDIT* actually, on a second look, that looks like a Bluegill (notice the blue spot around the gills)... which is the second most-common Sunfish lol. These are everywhere from Lake Simcoe and east, in Ontario and there are a few lakes around the Muskokas (where I normally fish) that hold them.

They grow just a bit bigger on average than Pumpkinseed, though they fight MUCH harder (but since they are still small, they don't put up much of a fight lol).

Yes I believe that's a Bluegill. They're as you say literally in just about every body of water around here. I've seen them in creeks you can jump across. The smallest of ponds, even mudholes made by tractors or whatever that stay full of water. You can catch them with just a shiny hook, no bait lol. 

They call them Bream farther south. And they're closely related to the Sunfish species I believe? Very similar in shape/size just a little different coloration and no blue dot by gills.

Anyways, great job Trenton. A real nice guy.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 08:41 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Crappie*, not Croppy. Hate the misnomers that have been parrotted around for fish for decades (not your fault, Nate lol: it's a problem here in Canada too), but Crappie are related to the fish in the pic.

Yep, Bluegill. One fun fish to catch on Ultralight gear. 
Reply/Quote