Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trestman Fired
Ravens, even at 3-2, don't mess around. Trestman replaced by Marty Mornhinweg.

Upgrade over Zampese? I think so.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:35 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Ravens, even at 3-2, don't mess around.  Trestman replaced by Marty Mornhinweg.

Upgrade over Zampese?  I think so.

You can't bring in an outside OC at this point.  You could bring him in as consultant, or you could fire zamp and promote within.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It had to happen. Ravens need an OC who plays to Flacco's strength and values the run.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Had to be done. Play calling was horribad. Abandoning the run when it was gashing them. Play calling cost two winnable games.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
Didn't they win a Super Bowl last time they did this, or was that a different season? I know they got way better.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 02:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Didn't they win a Super Bowl last time they did this, or was that a different season?  I know they got way better.

In 2012, they fired Cam Cameron after they lost to the Skins. They then won the SB.
In 2000, they lost to the Skins and then they won the SB.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 03:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: In 2012, they fired Cam Cameron after they lost to the Skins. They then won the SB.

Well hell done deal then.  Moseley and Perriman are heroes, not goats.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 03:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: In 2012, they fired Cam Cameron after they lost to the Skins. They then won the SB.

Not this time.

The last time the Steelers lost to Philly in 2008 they won the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
2016 Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens?... Anyone?

Fortunately the Bengals have the chance to lose to Washington this year as well.

See you guys in the AFC championship.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I wish the Bengals would do something like this when the team isn't performing.

It's a shame. That game against Dallas deserves someone getting their ass canned.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:35 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Ravens, even at 3-2, don't mess around.  Trestman replaced by Marty Mornhinweg.

Upgrade over Zampese?  I think so.

Their  OC has been there for i think 2 years plus they fired the previous OC so maybe it is not the OC problem.. maybe bad drafting and decision making last few years by the Head Coach.. finally  we have the 11th ranked offense with a OC that has 5 games under his belt.... and they were ranked 22nd... not much comparison there
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 05:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Their  OC has been there for i think 2 years plus they fired the previous OC so maybe it is not the OC problem.. maybe bad drafting and decision making last few years by the Head Coach.. finally  we have the 11th ranked offense with a OC that has 5 games under his belt.... and they were ranked 22nd... not much comparison there

So much wrong here.

-Trestman was in his 2nd season, he wasn't there for a full 2 years.

-Our previous OC was Kubiak. His offense was the best offense in Ravens franchise history. He wasn't fired, he was hired by the Broncos as their head coach and then took them to the Super Bowl. 

-The OC before that wasn't fired either. Jim Caldwell was hired by the Lions as their head coach.

Reply/Quote
The problem wasn't Trestman.

It was the fact that their QB sucks. All of their WR's have major flaws. Their top TE and best prospect TE were out for the year. They can't find a RB. There isn't a single stable thing in Baltimore except Flacco, who isn't even a top 20 QB in the league at this point.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 09:20 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: The problem wasn't Trestman.

It was the fact that their QB sucks.  All of their WR's have major flaws.  Their top TE and best prospect TE were out for the year.  They can't find a RB.  There isn't a single stable thing in Baltimore except Flacco, who isn't even a top 20 QB in the league at this point.

Flacco went from a top rated QB under Kubiak to the 25th ranked under Trestman with almost no turnover on the offense.

Reply/Quote
That's Kubiak.

Flacco is not a good QB.

Career QBR...84.4 for Flacco. Andy Dalton...89.0.

Flacco is severely overrated because he had a magical post-season run and won a ring. Other than that, he's a far below average QB in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Flacco is not above criticism but how any one can look at this Offense and not see Trestman as the the main culprit far and above anyone else is beyond me.
Ravens pondered making OC change after last yr. But for continuity's sake and cause of all their injuries, they gave Trestman another shot.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
I didn't say that. I said, right now, Baltimore is what, 17th in the NFL offensively?

Lets see where they are at the end of the year. I'll bet that it doesn't get much better, if it gets better at all?

It's like saying fire Zampese because the Bengals offense sucks and it's worst than it was in the past...ignoring the injuries, lack of weapons, etc.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 11:00 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: That's Kubiak.

Flacco is not a good QB.

Career QBR...84.4 for Flacco.  Andy Dalton...89.0.

Flacco is severely overrated because he had a magical post-season run and won a ring.  Other than that, he's a far below average QB in the NFL.

You just contradicted yourself. 

If our OC is the reason Flacco did so well in 2014, then you cannot argue that the very same offense did bad in 2015 because of our QB not our OC if the only significant difference was our OC. 

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 08:59 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So much wrong here.

-Trestman was in his 2nd season, he wasn't there for a full 2 years.

-Our previous OC was Kubiak. His offense was the best offense in Ravens franchise history. He wasn't fired, he was hired by the Broncos as their head coach and then took them to the Super Bowl. 

-The OC before that wasn't fired either. Jim Caldwell was hired by the Lions as their head coach.

I stand corrected on Kubiak but i said i think 2 years on Trestman... but I stand by bad drafting over the last few years have hurt the offense and I do blame HC more for that one.

Please list over the last 4 drafts, the offensive stand outs by the Ravens ?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 03:57 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I stand corrected on Kubiak but i said i think 2 years on Trestman... but I stand by bad drafting over the last few years have hurt the offense and I do blame HC more for that one.

Please list over the last 4 drafts, the offensive stand outs by the Ravens ?

There hasn't been as much talent on that side of the ball as there has been on defense. The best they've had in the last 4 years is Ricky Wagner (great rookie year under Kubiak, didn't live up to that under Trestman) and Crocket Gilllmore (Did a good job filling in when Pitta was injured last year) with the jury still out on Perriman and Stanley. Stanley looked good in his first 3 games (missed the last two) and Perriman could develop into a legitimate deep threat, but he needs to work on his mechanics (he should have had that game winning TD last week, but he didn't let his foot drag). 

I won't pretend like drafting isn't an issue, but I'd compare the team they fielded in 2014 to the one in 2015 and ask what the major difference was beyond OC. This isn't to say Trestman was the only issue, but anyone can objectively say that his play calling was not suited for what the team's strengths were. Talent wise, the only disadvantage this 2016 squad has over 2014 is losing Osemele. 

Reply/Quote