Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Treveyon Henderson
Im really pulling for this guy to make the roster.
I saw something in him years ago in a
Preseason game vs the Colts. Then he hurt
Himself on a INT and he lands on the IR

He really showed up and made plays vs the Dolphins
Solid tackle for loss on the RB then gets a pick.
Its apparent he can play at all 3-levels on the defense.
I think he be a,effective pass or run blitzer.

His route to the final roster might be like Trey Hopkins
Stays around does what is,asked of him learns
The game and really becomes a solid contributor
He isnt stiff in the hips. He looks kinda fluid and
You always,need open field tacklers
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 11:51 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Im really pulling for this guy to make the roster.
I saw something in him years ago in a
Preseason game vs the Colts. Then he hurt
Himself on a INT and he lands on the IR

He really showed up and made plays vs the Dolphins
Solid tackle for loss on the RB then gets a pick.
Its apparent he can play at all 3-levels on the defense.
I think he be a,effective pass or run blitzer.

His route to the final roster might be like Trey Hopkins
Stays around does what is,asked of him learns
The game and really becomes a solid contributor
He isnt stiff in the hips. He looks kinda fluid and
You always,need open field tacklers
Yeah I think he should make the team. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I liked him when he was drafted and was surprised he sat on the practice squad the last few years. He’s a very smart player and it shows on the field.

Any news on the Brandon Wilson injury? That should make a significant impact on whether Henderson had a chance or not.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 12:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I liked him when he was drafted and was surprised he sat on the practice squad the last few years. He’s a very smart player and it shows on the field.

Any news on the Brandon Wilson injury? That should make a significant impact on whether Henderson had a chance or not.

Two answers:

1. He wasn't drafted; UDFA out of Hawaii.
2. Wilson was back in the game, making tackles, so his injury wasn't significant.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I think he's done well, but with Waynes' injury, I think they have to keep 6 CBs and only 4 safeties.
Maybe he gets the nod over Ricardo Allen though as the 4th safety.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 01:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think he's done well, but with Waynes' injury, I think they have to keep 6 CBs and only 4 safeties.

I would retain Henderson over Allen. More upside
And youth. And you never know if Bates doesnt 
Resign, then maybe Henderson is a replacement 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 12:50 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Two answers:

1. He wasn't drafted; UDFA out of Hawaii.
2. Wilson was back in the game, making tackles, so his injury wasn't significant.

Oh weird I must be thinking of the wrong guy… I think I got him mixed up with Davontae Harris… who became nothing lol
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:41 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Oh weird I must be thinking of the wrong guy… I think I got him mixed up with Davontae Harris… who became nothing lol

I had a feeling you were! lol

Yes, he's been bouncing around and still doesn't even have an INT for his career.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 03:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I had a feeling you were! lol

Yes, he's been bouncing around and still doesn't even have an INT for his career.

Makes sense.

Also thanks for the B Wilson update. I thought he broke his wrist when I watched it. Should’ve realized it wasn’t too bad since there isn’t a thread on it. Need that guy to stay healthy, heck of a returner!
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 03:21 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Makes sense.

Also thanks for the B Wilson update. I thought he broke his wrist when I watched it. Should’ve realized it wasn’t too bad since there isn’t a thread on it. Need that guy to stay healthy, heck of a returner!

Not a problem :)

And big time! I saw that too and was like, "oh crap, please get up and walk off," lol. Then I saw him later in the game tackle after a first down was gained (or close to it) and was relieved.

Need him at KR.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 01:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think he's done well, but with Waynes' injury, I think they have to keep 6 CBs and only 4 safeties.

Allen is a safety who can also be a nickle corner.

If Henerson has shown enough (I really hope he has) then it becomes a case of the last CB versus Henderson vs Allen. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Allen has experience playing corner, so cutting him with Waynes hurt to keep another safety makes no sense. Plus, to my eye, Allen is a FS/CB and Henderson more of a SS/combo S. 

If Henderson makes the roster, I think it is the result of us going lighter elsewhere (3 RBs, 9 OL, 4 LBs). 
Reply/Quote
A negative for Henderson is he was covering the winning TD. He was behind and Antonio Phillips in front and neither had eyes on the ball as far as I could see.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 05:24 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Allen has experience playing corner, so cutting him with Waynes hurt to keep another safety makes no sense. Plus, to my eye, Allen is a FS/CB and Henderson more of a SS/combo S. 

If Henderson makes the roster, I think it is the result of us going lighter elsewhere (3 RBs, 9 OL, 4 LBs). 

Allen has some experience playing CB, but he's been listed as a safety every year of his NFL career.
If he were to play CB, it'd most likely be at slot CB while someone like Phillips would swing outside (IIRC).

I wouldn't skimp on OL or LB, so I'd happily go to just 3 RBs. Mixon, Perine, and Evans would more than suffice.
I think Patrick has done enough to knock Williams off if they choose to keep 4 RBs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote