Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Trevor Roach retires
Apparently, Trevor Roach has lost the love of the game he once had and decided to retire from the NFL at the young age of 24.
http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/26084/bengals-lb-trevor-roach-retires-at-24

Perhaps this will give a higher chance that Paul Dawson makes the roster as the final LB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Understandable. At least he didn't let it drag out and only stay in football for the money.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 05:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Apparently, Trevor Roach has lost the love of the game he once had and decided to retire from the NFL at the young age of 24.
http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/26084/bengals-lb-trevor-roach-retires-at-24

Perhaps this will give a higher chance that Paul Dawson makes the roster as the final LB.

Maybe Dawson needs to retire next, and we need to get serious about finding a stronger corps of LBs. I was pumped when we drafted Dawson, but he's done nothing since getting here. Don't forget, he was almost NOT here. They brought him back after cutting him. Nobody else took him. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Our defense will never be the same.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I guess he got some money, and he can tell his kids he has a tackle in the NFL.

Not a terrible tradeoff for two years.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Now if only Ogbuehi would admit his heart ain't in it.
Reply/Quote
I talked to Trevor for a bit about this - there is more to it than what he told Geoff.

Some good stuff here -- from why he played in the first place, to the myriad of reasons why he's walking away.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
Who?
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 10:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Now if only Ogbuehi would admit his heart ain't in it.

Add Marvin and Mike to that list.

GTFO

Reply/Quote
3 scrubs this team has a lot of scrubs

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
Guy went out on his terms, hard to knock him for that. Too many guys hang out after they can't play or after their passion is gone and they just want a paycheck. Guy has some money and used football to get a good education, pretty much have to say good for him and hope he finds happiness after football.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Best of luck to the young man.
Reply/Quote
Well... Now they HAVE to address his replacement at number 9.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I blame Haslett.
Reply/Quote