Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey Flowers x 2
We already have Tre Flowers on the roster for CB

DE/Edge Trey Flowers is still a FA, and with our 14M left in Cap Space, Would be a fantastic final add.

He has only played in 14 games the last 2 years and been pretty non-existent

Was released by the lions to save 11M

But: https://www.pff.com/nfl/grades/position/ed

Only be 29 years old this fall

and had a PFF grade over 80 in every season between 2017-2020,

Would you all be opposed to a 2 year, 8/10 mill deal to bring him in and line him up with Sam/Ossai/Trey H in big situational passing downs?
Reply/Quote
I think someone brought up the July 15th deadline for Bates possibly impacting money spent on FA. They may have to use more on the front end if somehow they get an extension.

After that, sure I'd love to add one more pass rusher. We saw what happened last year when Trey was hurt, Ossai looked good in preseason, but we're arming ourselves for a ring. They have some young depth at DE, so I'd prefer Sheldon Richardson or even Suh at UT and if Taylor can catch up to speed so be it. If it's Flowers, it would likely be a one year deal with incentives but a few million guaranteed to get him to sign now.
Reply/Quote
we are down on our Trey quota after cutting Trey Hopkins and Trae Waynes

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2022, 11:49 AM)ATOTR Wrote: Would you all be opposed to a 2 year, 8/10 mill deal to bring him in and line him up with Sam/Ossai/Trey H in big situational passing downs?

No thanks.

Even when healthy enough to play he has not been any good the last two seasons.

Don't know what an 80 grade from PFF means, but it obviously does not mean being productive.  In 2020 he only had 2 sacks and 3 QB hits in over 300 defensive snaps.
Reply/Quote
I would prefer players that exist over non-existent players.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2022, 02:48 PM)phil413 Wrote: I think someone brought up the July 15th deadline for Bates possibly impacting money spent on FA.  They may have to use more on the front end if somehow they get an extension.

After that, sure I'd love to add one more pass rusher. We saw what happened last year when Trey was hurt, Ossai looked good in preseason, but we're arming ourselves for a ring.  They have some young depth at DE, so I'd prefer Sheldon Richardson or even Suh at UT and if Taylor can catch up to speed so be it.  If it's Flowers, it would likely be a one year deal with incentives but a few million guaranteed to get him to sign now.

This pretty much sums up my feelings.  We have a lot of young DEs, but only one player on the roster is listed between 285 lbs and 330 lbs and that is BJ Hill.  I think 3T is still the number one need for depth.  Suh intrigues me.  I fear he will want too much money, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 09:00 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Suh intrigues me.  I fear he will want too much money, though.

Suh is a turd. I don't want him regardless of the money.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm waiting for Trey Burrow.. Backup QB! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote