Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey H and TJ Watt fighting for season sack lead next week
(01-02-2024, 11:38 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'd do whatever it took to get Trey six sacks in this game.

He would break Bengals record with 23 correct?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2024, 04:10 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: He would break Bengals record with 23 correct?

That would break the official and tie the unofficial NFL record for a season. Trey already has the top 2 single season best.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2024, 11:39 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I dunno. The dude IS sort of an athletic freak. He's built like a damn oak tree and gets tremendous bend and get-off for a guy built like that. And he knows how to use his hands as well as any DE in the league in my opinion.

Only Edge to not wear gloves, there is a reason...

He knows what he is doing.

And yeah, Trey is a great athlete, but what stands out to me is his effort. When he wants to get home, he will get home and the only 
way to stop him is to hold him.

(01-05-2024, 11:57 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I agree he just isn’t a blazing 40 yard/vertical jump guy (at least I don’t think he is). I think he gets as much out of his natural talent as anyone.

He has great hand technique - does a great job of fighting off the O linemen as they try to lock onto him. They usually just end up grabbing him and it doesn’t get called!

True there Clark, Trey isn't extremely fast, just keeps coming and never gives in. I bet a lot of LT's would say he might be the one 
pass rusher in the NFL they don't like going against the most. Wouldn't surprise me.

(01-06-2024, 12:36 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I hope Hendrickson gets it, but if I had to place money on it I am going to bet Josh Allen (DE) who is 0.5 sacks behind those two at 16.5.

If the Jags win, they win their division so they're actually playing for something and they play the Titans. Ryan Tannehill was named the starter for the Titans this week and he has a 12.8% sack rate this year. The last two games he only has 46 pass attempts yet was sacked 11 times (6 and 5, so not just one huge game either).

This Josh Allen is so underrated. Wish we could trade Tee for him to get an elite Edge duo.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2024, 01:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That would break the official and tie the unofficial NFL record for a season. Trey already has the top 2 single season best.

Is that Strahan's record?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2024, 03:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Is that Strahan's record?

Yes, Strahan and T.J. Watt share the record at 22.5 sacks
Reply/Quote
This is pretty wild. Good for him. I'll be pulling for him big-time. Will also be for pulling Morgan Moses and/or whatever poor Raven will be matched up on TJ in Baltimore.
Reply/Quote
First half over, 0 sacks for Twatt.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Maybe I missed it in the thread, but one thing about Trey Hendrickson that stands out to me after his hand fighting is his use of his excellent balance and leverage. Not necessarily saying that he's fast, but he has great quickness.

And Watt picks up his 18th.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2024, 08:09 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: And Watt picks up his 18th.

And 19th.

Sick

Reply/Quote
He's dead.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Total of 2 sacks for TWATT

Come on Trey - we love ya bro.
Reply/Quote
^ PS: Apparently, he had to exit the game in the 3rd Q

"The Pittsburgh Steelers narrowly beat the Baltimore Ravens 17-10 to remain in playoff contention,
but star defenseman T.J. Watt left the game with a knee injury in the third quarter."
Reply/Quote
TJ Watt tore his MCL. If they make the playoffs he is likely to miss several weeks

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
God kept Pittsburg in the running all year just to take Watt from them for their playoff run

That’s insane lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Following the Stoolers game from Saturday

1. T.J. Watt (19) | Pittsburgh Steelers LB

2. Trey Hendrickson (17) | Cincinnati Bengals DE

3. Josh Allen (16.5) | Jacksonville Jaguars OLB

4. Khalil Mack (16) | Los Angeles Chargers OLB

5. Danielle Hunter (15.5) | Minnesota Vikings OLB

6. Myles Garrett (14) | Cleveland Browns DE

TWO comments

1. Shocked Myles Garrett is not even in the race for #1

2. Any concerns with Allen or Mack sneaking up and stealing this from Trey - they aren’t that far behind!
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 12:28 AM)pally Wrote: TJ Watt tore his MCL.  If they make the playoffs he is likely to miss several weeks

MCL Sprain. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 02:33 PM)Destro Wrote: MCL Sprain. 

Initial report was grade 3 sprain, complete tear. 

Today, his brother is saying grade 2 and could be ready in a couple weeks. Too bad the Steelers are going to miss the playoffs completely, so he can take the whole offseason to rest.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 01:10 PM)Housh Wrote: God kept Pittsburg in the running all year just to take Watt from them for their playoff run

That’s insane lol

(01-07-2024, 02:33 PM)Destro Wrote: MCL Sprain. 

OR, alternatively... Twatt played with Ben Roethlisberger. He probably picked up a thing or two.

He got his 2 sacks to take the lead. Then when he realized that they were probably going to win he went down with an injury so that he can show up and play injured in the wildcard game so that Collinsworth (or whomever is announcing for them) can just gush for 3 hours on the broadcast over how tough and gritty he is for playing through injury. He will limp around like he's dying between plays but will cheerfully sprint over to celebrate a turnover or something with his teammates, just to limp around like he's dying some more after that.

Ninja (but only sorta)

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 02:25 PM)Whacked Wrote: Following the Stoolers game from Saturday

1. T.J. Watt (19) | Pittsburgh Steelers LB

2. Trey Hendrickson (17) | Cincinnati Bengals DE

3. Josh Allen (16.5) | Jacksonville Jaguars OLB

4. Khalil Mack (16) | Los Angeles Chargers OLB

5. Danielle Hunter (15.5) | Minnesota Vikings OLB

6. Myles Garrett (14) | Cleveland Browns DE

TWO comments

1.  Shocked Myles Garrett is not even in the race for #1

2. Any concerns with Allen or Mack sneaking up and stealing this from Trey - they aren’t that far behind!
1. Myles Garrett would be pushing for the league lead but he only got to go against Jonah Williams once this season, so this may look like an off-year because of not getting his easiest opponent of the year for a second time . . . add to that, Jonah will only face Garrett once this year so his shitty numbers are actually inflated a bit.

2. Not really rooting for Trey to have a big weekend, but I'll celebrate if he does. He'll be difficult to re-sign without a sack title. With one . . . it may be impossible.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 02:46 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: 1. Myles Garrett would be pushing for the league lead but he only got to go against Jonah Williams once this season, so this may look like an off-year because of not getting his easiest opponent of the year for a second time . . . add to that, Jonah will only face Garrett once this year so his shitty numbers are actually inflated a bit.

2. Not really rooting for Trey to have a big weekend, but I'll celebrate if he does. He'll be difficult to re-sign without a sack title. With one . . . it may be impossible.

I don’t think a sack title will matter much with regards to extending him again. Either way he’s an elite pass rusher. Bengals were at least smart enough to extend him another year this off season so he’s a Bengal for at least 2 more years.

We will see how his production is during 2025 and then see if re-signing him makes sense. Hopefully Murphy is getting double digit sacks by then…
Reply/Quote