Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trey Hendrickson
(10-11-2023, 10:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Good stuff. Browns and Cowboys are ridiculous.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2023, 10:54 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Good stuff.  Browns and Cowboys are ridiculous.

Sure wish we could add an End that could be a great compliment on the other side of Trey like the Stains and Cowboys have.

Love Hubbard but he is a great run stopper and sometimes a good pass rusher right now. Have to hope Ossai becomes this for us I 
suppose, but it seems like he is still recovering from his injury.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2023, 02:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure wish we could add an End that could be a great compliment on the other side of Trey like the Stains and Cowboys have.

Love Hubbard but he is a great run stopper and sometimes a good pass rusher right now. Have to hope Ossai becomes this for us I 
suppose, but it seems like he is still recovering from his injury.

… or Murphy. I was so hoping they would go get a guy like Frank Clark, Yannick Ngakoue, Brandon Graham,Leonard Floyd, Melvin Ingram or Justin Houston.

Not all of them are being productive right now but Leonard Floyd is doing well in Buffalo. Someone to help come in and close out drives/games.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 10:53 PM)J24 Wrote: This isn't a knock on him or another lack of pass rush thread.

I have noticed around the league that other elite pass Rushers move around the line of scrimmage. So why don't we do that with Hendrickson? Can't we isolate him one on one with guards more often?

I would imagine that's a question for Anarumo.
He's the architect of the defense.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2023, 03:33 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: … or Murphy.  I was so hoping they would go get a guy like Frank Clark, Yannick Ngakoue, Brandon Graham,Leonard Floyd, Melvin Ingram or Justin Houston.

Not all of them are being productive right now but Leonard Floyd is doing well in Buffalo.  Someone to help come in and close out drives/games.

Same here, was wanting a vet End this FA. Like you said in the FA forum, Melvin Ingram sure would make sense for us and he is 
on the street there to be had. Ingram would be just what we need right now while Ossai is banged up and Murphy is learning the 
NFL game as a pass rusher.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 04:48 AM)Earendil Wrote: Trey gets held out in the open, right in front of an official, and it doesn't get called. You could almost make a drinking game out of it.

The issue is that OL aren't going to be called for holding when the pass rusher uses a rip as his move. Trey uses that move the majority of the time, so the refs don't really give Trey the benefit when he bullrushes.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 10:53 PM)J24 Wrote: This isn't a knock on him or another lack of pass rush thread.

I have noticed around the league that other elite pass Rushers move around the line of scrimmage. So why don't we do that with Hendrickson? Can't we isolate him one on one with guards more often?

I would guess that, at least to my eyes, Trey's game is using his speed and hands to get around a tackle and almost always comes at the QB from the side or from behind. Going through a guard requires more of a bull rush. I'm not sure that's his forte.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2023, 12:08 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The issue is that OL aren't going to be called for holding when the pass rusher uses a rip as his move. Trey uses that move the majority of the time, so the refs don't really give Trey the benefit when he bullrushes.

I forgot that nuance to the rules. Thanks for the clarification.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2023, 12:08 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The issue is that OL aren't going to be called for holding when the pass rusher uses a rip as his move. Trey uses that move the majority of the time, so the refs don't really give Trey the benefit when he bullrushes.

As I noted in the other thread, he's ripping A LOT less this year and winning with speed/hand placement.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Trey is so clean as a rusher as Bengals Sans mentions zero wasted movement. Next Gen stats track the angle of pass rushers like they do WR routes and Trey is always in the top 5 with perfect angles around the edge.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2023, 02:02 PM)Synric Wrote: Trey is so clean as a rusher as Bengals Sans mentions zero wasted movement. Next Gen stats track the angle of pass rushers like they do WR routes and Trey is always in the top 5 with perfect angles around the edge.

Nice. Love how Trey takes angles and remains disciplined in his pass rush. Smirk
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 12:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

At what point is he discussed with those top guys in a serious manner?
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Another very good game from Trey. Dude is a beast.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 01:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Another very good game from Trey. Dude is a beast.

I'm surprised they only gave him 1 sack for that game. I could have sworn I saw him take Geno down at least twice, if not three times.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 01:23 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm surprised they only gave him 1 sack for that game. I could have sworn I saw him take Geno down at least twice, if not three times.

Same here. I thought Trey had at least a couple of Sacks. How many Sacks did we get total on Geno?

Thought it was at least 5 sacks in this one. Hubbard had one, BJ Hill had one, Logan had one, Trey had at least one, Dax Hill was in on one etc.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 01:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here. I thought Trey had at least a couple of Sacks. How many Sacks did we get total on Geno?

Thought it was at least 5 sacks in this one. Hubbard had one, BJ Hill had one, Logan had one, Trey had at least one, Dax Hill was in on one etc.

We apparently only got him 4 times.

Maybe they counted the 4th and goal sack as an incomplete pass? I thought it was a sack and fumble.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 01:40 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We apparently only got him 4 times.

Maybe they counted the 4th and goal sack as an incomplete pass? I thought it was a sack and fumble.

Wild. We were all over Geno Smith in this one...
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 01:40 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We apparently only got him 4 times.

They did count it as a pass!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 01:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here. I thought Trey had at least a couple of Sacks. How many Sacks did we get total on Geno?

Cam Sample had one two! He was an unsung hero against the Seahawks.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote