Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trey Hendrickson #1 disruptor last year according to NextGen Stats
(06-14-2022, 02:51 PM)Tony Wrote: When I saw him gassing himself in both chief games to where he had nothing left, I was all in...

In my history as a Bengal fan; I've seen a few plays that make me think "That's pure heart". In no particular order:

Ced Benson trucking Troy Palomalu

Quan Crosby throwing 3 separate blocks on a Bernard Scott KO TD return

Chad Johnson jumping up after Ray Lewis cheap shot him in the head

Trey Hendrickson using the kicking net to stay vertical during the AFC Championship game 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 07:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: In my history as a Bengal fan; I've seen a few plays that make me think "That's pure heart". In no particular order:

Ced Benson trucking Troy Palomalu

Quan Crosby throwing 3 separate blocks on a Bernard Scott KO TD return

Chad Johnson jumping up after Ray Lewis cheap shot him in the head

Trey Hendrickson using the kicking net to stay vertical during the AFC Championship game 

You need to get Trey in your sig.
Reply/Quote
Teams are kicking themselves for allowing us to sign him. Not bad for the smallest scouting department in the NFL. Alot of Homeruns up and down the roster. Best FA signing ever.
Reply/Quote
The video directly after the game winning field goal against the Chiefs in the AFCCG of him just exhausted and sitting on the bench kind of just looking down and inspecting his hands is so good.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 08:24 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You need to get Trey in your sig.

Yeah, but he's not really a Young Gun. I've been thinking of an "nsack" sort of an "nsync" motif. Perhaps:

Trey

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdMO9uMqMyd3K3-Y2eBLT...w&usqp=CAU]

Sam

[Image: USATSI_17663518.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]

Logan

[Image: Screen-Shot-2021-09-27-at-11.35.34-AM.png]

Joey

[Image: irvvu1tzkaowempctlar]

and 

Wyatt
[Image: 08abaa42-974c-41ea-a1b3-032be3159f07-Wya...g_2020.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
What a f***ing legend. I absolutely love him and this team.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Remember all the whining when they let Lawson go and signed Trey??? Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2022, 08:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Remember all the whining when they let Lawson go and signed Trey??? Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious

Not really.

What I mainly remember is people hating on Lawson because he could not "finish".

Some people claimed Trey's production was the resuly of the other talent around him on the Saints line, but i don't remember a lot of people supporting Lawson over him.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2022, 10:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Not really.

What I mainly remember is people hating on Lawson because he could not "finish".

Some people claimed Trey's production was the resuly of the other talent around him on the Saints line, but i don't remember a lot of people supporting Lawson over him.

Hmmmm, because I remember quite a bit of it, and pointed out Lawson was on schedule to be injured again last year, and he was.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2022, 10:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hmmmm, because I remember quite a bit of it, and pointed out Lawson was on schedule to be injured again last year, and he was.

I defended Lawson against the claim that he was not an effective pass rusher, but at the same time said we should not re-sign him because of injury issues.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2022, 12:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I defended Lawson against the claim that he was not an effective pass rusher, but at the same time said we should not re-sign him because of injury issues.

Yep, as did I. I liked Lawson, I just looked at his history of injury through college and the NFL and he was on schedule for something to happen, and it did. I was also very excited to get Trey, and a lot of people kind of crapped on that. 
Reply/Quote
I couldn't believe the wailing and teeth gnashing over replacing Lawson with Hendrickson. It is understandable that some people might have dismissed Hendrickson as a 1 year wonder (though watching his games and listening to Saints fans was a good way to dispel those notions), but I'll take a 1 year wonder over a no year wonder any day of the week. Lawson is/was all potential. If he ever puts it all together and stays healthy for a season, I'm sure he'll turn in very good results. But are you going to invest 5 years in him waiting for that to happen? The easy money says you'll never see a season out of Carl Lawson that is anything close to what Trey Hendrickson did last year.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 11:28 AM)wcu Wrote: I couldn't believe the wailing and teeth gnashing over replacing Lawson with Hendrickson. It is understandable that some people might have dismissed Hendrickson as a 1 year wonder (though watching his games and listening to Saints fans was a good way to dispel those notions), but I'll take a 1 year wonder over a no year wonder any day of the week. Lawson is/was all potential. If he ever puts it all together and stays healthy for a season, I'm sure he'll turn in very good results. But are you going to invest 5 years in him waiting for that to happen? The easy money says you'll never see a season out of Carl Lawson that is anything close to what Trey Hendrickson did last year.

You are severely underrating Lawson here. When healthy - he’s a hell of a pass rusher. He proved that his 1st and last years here.

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 11:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You are severely underrating Lawson here. When healthy - he’s a hell of a pass rusher. He proved that his 1st and last years here.

I'll give you that I was excited during/after his rookie season, but for me all of the "what if" got old with him.  There was always a reason why he was that one step away from being a magical unicorn, but that never happened.  I hope he can put it all together, but I'll be a skeptic until he proves it.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 11:53 AM)wcu Wrote: I'll give you that I was excited during/after his rookie season, but for me all of the "what if" got old with him.  There was always a reason why he was that one step away from being a magical unicorn, but that never happened.  I hope he can put it all together, but I'll be a skeptic until he proves it.

He already proved it in 2020 with 44 pressurse, 32 QB hits, and 26 QB knockdowns. All among the top in the league.

Jets paid him for production not potential.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2022, 08:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Remember all the whining when they let Lawson go and signed Trey??? Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious

Yep, I remember it. It was what I wanted before it happened. We were both for Hendrickson over Lawson before it happened.

Lawson's injury problems were a big deal and we saw what happened when he went to the Jets.

(06-15-2022, 10:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Not really.

There were lots of people. I debated them for awhile until Trey played in the Vikings opener then they disappeared.

(06-15-2022, 10:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hmmmm, because I remember quite a bit of it, and pointed out Lawson was on schedule to be injured again last year, and he was.

Yep

(06-16-2022, 11:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You are severely underrating Lawson here. When healthy - he’s a hell of a pass rusher. He proved that his 1st and last years here.

No doubt, when healthy he is a great pass rusher off the edge. One trick pony though that cannot stay healthy.

Trey is kind of a one trick pony too, but an even better pass rusher and can stay healthy and stop the run a bit.
Reply/Quote

I remember.

The argument was that while Lawson wasn't getting as many sacks, he got (far) more pressures than Hendrickson got, plus he didn't have Pro Bowler and former All-Pro Cam Jordan across from him.

2020 Lawson - 5.5 sacks, 44 pressures
2020 Hendrickson - 13.5 sacks, 33 pressures

Obviously, Hendrickson showed he was a great choice this past season, putting up 14.0 sacks and 45 pressures.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 03:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I remember.

The argument was that while Lawson wasn't getting as many sacks, he got (far) more pressures than Hendrickson got, plus he didn't have Pro Bowler and former All-Pro Cam Jordan across from him.

2020 Lawson - 5.5 sacks, 44 pressures
2020 Hendrickson - 13.5 sacks, 33 pressures

Obviously, Hendrickson showed he was a great choice this past season, putting up 14.0 sacks and 45 pressures.

Many like myself thought Trey's numbers might go down a bit here cause of the players around him, but he was even better
as all the gen stats and numbers show. Crazy how great of a signing he was.
Reply/Quote
Well, he was an All-Pro after all....... Nervous
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 05:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, he was an All-Pro after all....... Nervous

No he wasn't.  Ninja
Reply/Quote