Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey Hendrickson time
I love Trey. I loved the signing in the off season, and I've been repping him ever since he went off in the preseason. I love the steady production he's given all year.

That being said, we've yet to see him truly take over a game, and my goodness what a time and chance for him to do it. The dline is going to have to be fierce but disciplined this week. This game is ours if we can bottle Kermit up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 11:56 AM)wcu Wrote: I love Trey. I loved the signing in the off season, and I've been repping him ever since he went off in the preseason. I love the steady production he's given all year.

That being said, we've yet to see him truly take over a game, and my goodness what a time and chance for him to do it. The dline is going to have to be fierce but disciplined this week. This game is ours if we can bottle Kermit up.

Worst part about playing the Chiefs is that Mahomes is just so damn hard to sack. He just side steps guys and eludes himself to outside the pocket. 

I would absolutely hate to be a DL or secondary player going up against him. It's gotta be frustrating. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Worst part about playing the Chiefs is that Mahomes is just so damn hard to sack. He just side steps guys and eludes himself to outside the pocket. 

I would absolutely hate to be a DL or secondary player going up against him. It's gotta be frustrating. 

Yep, we've got to get interior pressure and make sure the DEs don't get too far upfield on their rush. We can get to him!
Reply/Quote
We definitely need him to have a big game but he needs to play smart and under control as well. We’ve seen him lose contain and allow QB’s to get out of the pocket (think I remember complaining about that in the first KC matchup). Got to keep Mahomes in the pocket.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Worst part about playing the Chiefs is that Mahomes is just so damn hard to sack. He just side steps guys and eludes himself to outside the pocket. 

^^ This...so many times Bills looked like they had him and he just skips out and completes a pass downfield or even more demoralizing runs for a first down
Reply/Quote

& then completes a shuffle pass to a RB that goes for 10+ yards just as he is getting tackled. Agreed, it has to be frustrating for defenders.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:10 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: & then completes a shuffle pass to a RB that goes for 10+ yards just as he is getting tackled. Agreed, it has to be frustrating for defenders.

We will need him and Hubbard to have big games. Dont forget we did bottle up Hill and Kelce in 1st game...Trey Flowers is our secret weapon TE killer. But as for Trey, I hope we notice him more this game. I didnt see him do much in the Titans game to be honest. He is a key to the D, as we dont have another really good rushers on the D. 
Reply/Quote
Hoping he is full strength for game.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 11:56 AM)wcu Wrote: I love Trey. I loved the signing in the off season, and I've been repping him ever since he went off in the preseason. I love the steady production he's given all year.

Kinda felt like that game was gonna be Oakland and then he went down. He’s due tho he has been quiet by his own standard imo. Time to come in swinging next week
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:27 PM)kalibengal Wrote: We will need him and Hubbard to have big games. Dont forget we did bottle up Hill and Kelce in 1st game...Trey Flowers is our secret weapon TE killer. But as for Trey, I hope we notice him more this game. I didnt see him do much in the Titans game to be honest. He is a key to the D, as we dont have another really good rushers on the D. 

Love Hubbard but man if we’ve learned anything it’s that when Hendrickson goes down the pass rush is nowhere. Hubbard makes me want to sign Derek barnett and rotate the two next year
Reply/Quote

Think the key is not necessarily a relentless pass rush but a smart one. Mahoney wants to get outside and flushed. He’s deadly when he does. I think an emphasis of just keeping him in the pocket is what’s most important. Can’t let Mahoney get outside
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 01:01 PM)JoyrideJoe15 Wrote: Think the key is not necessarily a relentless pass rush but a smart one.  Mahoney wants to get outside and flushed.  He’s deadly when he does.  I think an emphasis of just keeping him in the pocket is what’s most important.  Can’t let Mahoney get outside

Yep

Not time for bull rush, time for smart rush.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:58 PM)JoyrideJoe15 Wrote: Love Hubbard but man if we’ve learned anything it’s that when Hendrickson goes down the pass rush is nowhere.  Hubbard makes me want to sign Derek barnett and rotate the two next year

We have Joseph Ossai for that.
Reply/Quote

Bottom line is he's a very very good player but not a superstar. Very consistent but OC's aren't scheming around him. He and Sam have been very good.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 01:57 PM)higgy100 Wrote:
Bottom line is he's a very very good player but not a superstar
. Very consistent but OC's aren't scheming around him. He and Sam have been very good.

Hmmmm. Got the franchise sack record his first year here... not a superstar. Got it.
Reply/Quote