Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey Hendrickson vs Rashod Hill
Major mismatch in our favor, UDFA Rashod Hill will be playing LT. Expecting Trey to have a big game. Cool
Reply/Quote
I hope they let Trey loose on this guy!!
Reply/Quote
There is where losing Ossai hurts. You could rotated Ossai with Hendrickson and had Hill having to face a bull rusher
And a pure quick twitch speed rusher
Im looking for Hodge to put some heat
On the QB too.
Maybe Hobby and Lou can.create some
Creative stunts and twists
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2021, 05:08 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I hope they let Trey loose on this guy!!

It is an obvious thing to do. A 13.5 sack guy against an UDFA playing on the blindside of their QB...

(09-06-2021, 06:13 PM)impactplaya Wrote: There is where losing Ossai hurts. You could rotated Ossai with Hendrickson and had Hill having to face a bull rusher
And a pure quick twitch speed rusher
Im looking for Hodge to put some heat
On the QB too.
Maybe Hobby and Lou can.create some
Creative stunts and twists

Yeah, the Ossai injury kills. Just happy we kept Hodge and brought in Wyatt Ray who was having a fine first Preseason game
against the Falcons where he had 2 sacks and multiple pressures in limited snaps. Could be a very underrated grab. I like what
Hobby has been doing with our DL and specifically our pass rushers. A lot of guys looked really good this PS.

Hodge was also lining up over the LT this Preseason so he could also have a huge game against Rashod Hill in a rotation with 
Hendrickson.
Reply/Quote
I'm wondering if this is the same guy they were talking about on NFL radio. They said he was the right tackle, and was suspect. Did they move him, or are both their tackles iffy?
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2021, 07:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm wondering if this is the same guy they were talking about on NFL radio. They said he was the right tackle, and was suspect. Did they move him, or are both their tackles iffy?

They drafted Christian Darrisaw but he had a lingering core muscle injury that he had to have a 2nd minor surgery on in August so he won't play. I'm not sure on the RT situation but I think I did hear something about them shuffling guys around there. The guy playing LT was a UDFA in 2014 been with the Vikings since 2016 and as far as I can tell hasn't played any regular season games the last few seasons.
Reply/Quote
I believe Hodge will pick up the slack for Ossai.Can’t wait to watch this defense in action for a full game.On paper they look really good.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2021, 05:08 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I hope they let Trey loose on this guy!!

It’s so obvious they should prey upon this weakness, they won’t.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2021, 07:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is an obvious thing to do. A 13.5 sack guy against an UDFA playing on the blindside of their QB...

He went to Seattle where he suddenly became not-washed-up and went right back to pre-Anarumo form.   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2021, 04:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Major mismatch in our favor, UDFA Rashod Hill will be playing LT. Expecting Trey to have a big game. Cool

It is a matchup that should favor the Bengals, no doubt.  Hodge and Sample should help ruin Hill's day as well.  

I am certain this will be a subject for another thread, but one guy I am really looking forward to having a big day is Hubbard.  

Sam was trending on a certain trajectory before last year's injury and dearth of surrounding talent.  I think he is the best kept secret on our defense and he is ready to have a massive season.  He will have a ton of family at the game, and he just signed a nice contract.  He is one of the leaders on the team and was recently named a Captain.

Hendrickson may have the more favorable matchup, but Sam Hubbard is my guy to watch this week.  
Reply/Quote
I don't think the Rashod Hill Vs Trey Hendrickson matchup is as important as the Bengals DT vs Vikings IOL.

Ezra Cleveland is going into year 2 he was solid as a run blocker in 2020 but was very inconsistent as a pass protector. While I like Oli Udoh he has played less than 40 snaps in 2 years so this year will be his first time as an extended starter and at a new position. The Center Garrett Bradbury has been a complete disappointment in Minnesota.

The only consistent solid player on the Vikings Offensive Line will be Right Tackle Brian O'Neil (who is a free agent the Bengals should look at after the season). They have more question marks on their line than the Bengals.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 07:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is a matchup that should favor the Bengals, no doubt.  Hodge and Sample should help ruin Hill's day as well.  

I am certain this will be a subject for another thread, but one guy I am really looking forward to having a big day is Hubbard.  

Sam was trending on a certain trajectory before last year's injury and dearth of surrounding talent.  I think he is the best kept secret on our defense and he is ready to have a massive season.  He will have a ton of family at the game, and he just signed a nice contract.  He is one of the leaders on the team and was recently named a Captain.

Hendrickson may have the more favorable matchup, but Sam Hubbard is my guy to watch this week.  

Yeah, we all know Hubbard is a beast against the run. He said he spent the off season working on pass rushing, so I am looking forward to seeing how much he improved that part of his game. He's a hard worker, so I'm really looking forward to seeing the results. He will be helped by an interior line that actually gets pressure as well since Ogunjobi is in there now instead of Geno (that really hurt to type, I know Geno was trying to play through injury last year)
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 08:33 AM)Synric Wrote: I don't think the Rashod Hill Vs Trey Hendrickson matchup is as important as the Bengals DT vs Vikings IOL.

Ezra Cleveland is going into year 2 he was solid as a run blocker in 2020 but was very inconsistent as a pass protector. While I like Oli Udoh he has played less than 40 snaps in 2 years so this year will be his first time as an extended starter and at a new position. The Center Garrett Bradbury has been a complete disappointment in Minnesota.

The only consistent solid player on the Vikings Offensive Line will be Right Tackle Brian O'Neil (who is a free agent the Bengals should look at after the season). They have more question marks on their line than the Bengals.
Should be a big day for the whole Defensive Line. They need to hit Cousins over and over and get him rattled. 
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 08:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, we all know Hubbard is a beast against the run. He said he spent the off season working on pass rushing, so I am looking forward to seeing how much he improved that part of his game. He's a hard worker, so I'm really looking forward to seeing the results. He will be helped by an interior line that actually gets pressure as well since Ogunjobi is in there now instead of Geno (that really hurt to type, I know Geno was trying to play through injury last year)

Exactly.  Lawson provided some juice in the pass rush and was actually pretty strong against the rush as well, but losing Reader and Hubbard to injuries, then having an ineffective Geno (that barely played anyways) doomed the defensive line last year.  

This year, you could look at the depth of the rotational pass rushers in Hodge and Sample (and would have been Ossai, damn it) to complement Hubbard and Hendrickson and they SHOULD be able to do a better job getting after the QB.  

Mike Hilton off blitzes will also help.

So much in defense comes from being able to rush the passer.  I really hope they give Cousins a nasty welcome to the tune of 5 sacks, a FF, and a couple INTs.  
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 07:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is a matchup that should favor the Bengals, no doubt.  Hodge and Sample should help ruin Hill's day as well.  

I am looking forward to our 2 DT's. They will not be able to double team them both so I am looking for Bengals to send 5 and run stunts to free up space up the middle. Of course, if they can't handle both DE's, we can drop in coverage.

I do think our DL is going to have a very good day, if they don't against a weak OL trying to replace Reiff and dealing with injuries at LT, we may have a long year on defense.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 07:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am certain this will be a subject for another thread, but one guy I am really looking forward to having a big day is Hubbard.  

Over his first two seasons Hubbard had 14.5 sacks in only 1300 snaps.  That is a very good ratio considering that he was not just playing on passing downs.

Hubbard knows how to rush the QB and get sacks.  Last year he was dinged up and our DT play was so poor that NO edge rusher was going to get many sacks.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 12:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Over his first two seasons Hubbard had 14.5 sacks in only 1300 snaps.  That is a very good ratio considering that he was not just playing on passing downs.

Hubbard knows how to rush the QB and get sacks.  Last year he was dinged up and our DT play was so poor that NO edge rusher was going to get many sacks.

Exactly why I had added this to that post:

"Sam was trending on a certain trajectory before last year's injury and dearth of surrounding talent.  I think he is the best kept secret on our defense and he is ready to have a massive season.  He will have a ton of family at the game, and he just signed a nice contract.  He is one of the leaders on the team and was recently named a Captain."

I am VERY high on Hubbard in 2021
Reply/Quote
dont think the vikings staff is like ours and will leave him alone out there without help lol
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2021, 07:39 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: They drafted Christian Darrisaw but he had a lingering core muscle injury that he had to have a 2nd minor surgery on in August so he won't play. I'm not sure on the RT situation but I think I did hear something about them shuffling guys around there. The guy playing LT was a UDFA in 2014 been with the Vikings since 2016 and as far as I can tell hasn't played any regular season games the last few seasons.

This, plus sorry in my one reply as I said Golden instead of Hobby as our DL coach lol...Say What
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 09:00 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Exactly.  Lawson provided some juice in the pass rush and was actually pretty strong against the rush as well, but losing Reader and Hubbard to injuries, then having an ineffective Geno (that barely played anyways) doomed the defensive line last year.  

This year, you could look at the depth of the rotational pass rushers in Hodge and Sample (and would have been Ossai, damn it) to complement Hubbard and Hendrickson and they SHOULD be able to do a better job getting after the QB.  

Mike Hilton off blitzes will also help.

So much in defense comes from being able to rush the passer.  I really hope they give Cousins a nasty welcome to the tune of 5 sacks, a FF, and a couple INTs.  

the fact Cousins is not too mobile i think will give us plenty of opportunities to sack him. i predict 4 sacks and a close game and i think stopping cook is the real key.  
Reply/Quote