Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey Hendrickson vs Rashod Hill
(09-07-2021, 07:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is a matchup that should favor the Bengals, no doubt.  Hodge and Sample should help ruin Hill's day as well.  

I am certain this will be a subject for another thread, but one guy I am really looking forward to having a big day is Hubbard.  

Sam was trending on a certain trajectory before last year's injury and dearth of surrounding talent.  I think he is the best kept secret on our defense and he is ready to have a massive season.  He will have a ton of family at the game, and he just signed a nice contract.  He is one of the leaders on the team and was recently named a Captain.

Hendrickson may have the more favorable matchup, but Sam Hubbard is my guy to watch this week.  

Yeah, forgot about Cam Sample for a minute. Dumb by me, I just expect Sample to be backing up Hubbard at LE going against 
the better RT. Rashod Hill against Hendrickson, Hodge and Wyatt Ray just looks really obvious as a mismatch in our favor along 
with our interior rushers in Ogunjobi and BJ Hill as Synric noted. Bottom line is the left side and the interior need to be destroyed
and it is more likely to me than destroying the Vike's RT who is their strength.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 12:20 PM)kalibengal Wrote: the fact Cousins is not too mobile i think will give us plenty of opportunities to sack him. i predict 4 sacks and a close game and i think stopping cook is the real key.  

If the Bengals get four sacks that means the Vikes had to be in a lot of passing situations and they (the Bengals) would likely be victorious.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 07:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If the Bengals get four sacks that means the Vikes had to be in a lot of passing situations and they (the Bengals) would likely be victorious.  

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Rashod Hill has only started in 17 games over the past 5 years and only started 2 in the past 2 years.. Basically a career backup kind of guy.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'm curious if they BJ Hill on the edge. I'm sure they will some because he played edge in some of his highlights that could be a pretty stout against the run look. Just curious overall how they rotate and move guys around.
Reply/Quote
I agree, they need to stop Cook and get pressure on Cousins.

The other side of that coin is they need to cover well in the secondary. Cousins gets rid of the ball quick. Their receivers are great at getting open—gotta stay with them.

Hope to see the defense step up, but I’m more expecting a game similar to the one we saw this Thursday. We’ll see. I saw someone else calling for a defensive struggle. If they play a passive offense to protect Burrow that’s a real possibility.

Hope to see Hendrickson shine, as well as Reader and all of the defensive line. I’d like to see Burrow make a statement that he’s back as well!
Reply/Quote