Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trey Hill
Hill is warming up with the first team OL. Looks like he is getting his first start at RG. Keep Joe upright please

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Interesting, as Carman returned to practice Friday.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 01:33 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Interesting, as Carman returned to practice Friday.

Zac said something Friday about "lack of practice"  Friday is only a walk-thru.  Of course, Trey could be on a very short leash and if he struggles we could see Carman in the game PDQ

Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
This dude killed the early game momentum. Without the penalties we might’ve gone up 14-0 quick IMO
Reply/Quote
The two flags were frustrating yes. But overall he settled down and played okay.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 05:50 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: This dude killed the early game momentum. Without the penalties we might’ve gone up 14-0 quick IMO

Yeah, his nerves were showing early on. He seemed better when he came back in for Carman, though.

And speaking of Carman, he opened up one of the nicest holes of the day on one of those longer (think it was like 14?) Mixon runs.

Reply/Quote
depending what is going on with Carman we could be seeing Hill again next week.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 05:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, his nerves were showing early on. He seemed better when he came back in for Carman, though.

And speaking of Carman, he opened up one of the nicest holes of the day on one of those longer (think it was like 14?) Mixon runs.

If it's the same one I'm thinking of, he absolutely mauled his man to the ground LOL
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 05:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, his nerves were showing early on. He seemed better when he came back in for Carman, though.

Yes much like Jackson when he got his start once he settled down he wasn’t noticeable (in the good way). Looks like we had a pretty good go at drafting olinrman this year.
Reply/Quote
Few wobbles to start which hurt us. But all things considered, an admirable start.

Reply/Quote
So if Carman can’t go next week we should leave Hill at C, and Hopkins at RG, no?

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 01:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Can I let go yet?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 09:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So if Carman can’t go next week we should leave Hill at C, and Hopkins at RG, no?

I'm hoping Carman is over the runs by next Sunday.  If not, he might be the first player to die of amoebic dyssentery in league history.  
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 09:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So if Carman can’t go next week we should leave Hill at C, and Hopkins at RG, no?

If Carman or Smith can't go next week, it might be worth trying what you are saying. Hill is a rookie late round C, and I didnt expect much from him at RG today. Hopkins has more experience playing G. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 09:33 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Can I let go yet?

Well, it got a little shaky!

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 09:33 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm hoping Carman is over the runs by next Sunday.  If not, he might be the first player to die of amoebic dyssentery in league history.  

I’m still confused why he had to be taken off on the cart for an “illness.”

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 10:02 PM)bengaloo Wrote: If Carman or Smith can't go next week, it might be worth trying what you are saying. Hill is a rookie late round C, and I didnt expect much from him at RG today. Hopkins has more experience playing G. 

But Hopkins is not a good guard. If Carman can't go and Hill struggles at RG, I'd be inclined to run a few series with Reiff at RG and Prince at RT.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 10:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: But Hopkins is not a good guard. If Carman can't go and Hill struggles at RG, I'd be inclined to run a few series with Reiff at RG and Prince at RT.

People always say this, but look up his PFF grades from the last year he played OG. He was better than you remember.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 10:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: People always say this, but look up his PFF grades from the last year he played OG. He was better than you remember.

Yeah, but PFF.... not reliable. I dont like saying it because I like Hop,  but I remember him struggling and getting about as much love here as bobby hart. Now maybe he's improved with all the playing time he gets at center.
Reply/Quote